Greg Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm not down on the guy. I see people blaming the D for this loss and I don't get it. They blew what... one big play? They held a fast paced high flying O to 20 points. No sacks but Noles was under pressure and taking hits all game. He threw several ducks because of it that could have been game changers. the secondary pretty much held their own which is a lot with rookies on the field against the eagles.

Davis had more passing yards than the Eagles had in all purpose offensive yards combined.

They seem to be just inches from being a recognized power defense.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Yeah, the Dallas game is the only real game that I can say the D blew it, other than that they haven't been up to snuff to our astronomical expectations, but they haven't been awful either. Shore up the run D and they're pretty dang good.

What killed us yesterday was the fact that we were playing catch up for most of the second half, you won't win consistently in the NFL if you're down and out.

V3

Hall of Fame
No sacks but Noles was under pressure and taking hits all game.

I'm pretty sure the radio said after the game that there were zero QB hits. There were hurries, but no hits. Could be wrong.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not down on the guy. I see people blaming the D for this loss and I don't get it. They blew what... one big play? They held a fast paced high flying O to 20 points. No sacks but Noles was under pressure and taking hits all game. He threw several ducks because of it that could have been game changers. the secondary pretty much held their own which is a lot with rookies on the field against the eagles.

Davis had more passing yards than the Eagles had in all purpose offensive yards combined.

No better time for them to come together than This coming Monday Night against the 49ers! Sack-Time!!!!!

ShaneFalco

No sacks when you have R Quinn, is a bit alarming. Forget Donald and the rest, but R Quinn should have a few.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
No sacks when you have R Quinn, is a bit alarming. Forget Donald and the rest, but R Quinn should have a few.
Dude's been getting held pretty consistently, he's even being held when he's getting double teamed, eventually the refs are gonna have to start calling it or guys will just hold Quinn all day.

Hard to get going when guys are just blatantly cheating, rules are there for a reason.

…..

Legend
We're bending not breaking and the run defense against the Vikings and now the Eagles has been good, but not outstanding.

What bothers me about the defense and about Gregg Williams is that we were already good(or almost good). Well...its past time for us to be elite. So in that sense, coupled with the failure to wrap up the quarteback are to me Epic Failures.

I'm not going to give the defense a free pass just because they are the least of our worries. Fact of the matter is they are under performing. I was pleased with the takeaways however.

…..

Legend
Dude's been getting held pretty consistently, he's even being held when he's getting double teamed, eventually the refs are gonna have to start calling it or guys will just hold Quinn all day.

Hard to get going when guys are just blatantly cheating, rules are there for a reason.

Um....come on man. Excuses dont win ball games!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Um....come on man. Excuses dont win ball games!
Hardly an excuse, I can't say much for the other guys, but when people are allowed to circumvent the rules towards you it's hard to get going.

If it wasn't a complete game changer and gave an unfair advantage the NFL wouldn't have gone out of it's way to abolish it, holding is HUGE. lets not act like it isn't.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm pretty sure the radio said after the game that there were zero QB hits. There were hurries, but no hits. Could be wrong.

I'm not sure. What I recall is the INT was from pressure and there were at least 2 other pressure INTs out there to be had.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't like bringing the house because it leaves too many 1-0n-1's and we lose. Drop the LB's in coverage more.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Philadelphia's total points yesterday masked a somewhat improved defensive performance. Holding the Eagles to 20 points at home is nothing to be ashamed of, and they did get the late stop that got the Rams the ball back and a chance at a final drive to win the game.

But still, there is a lot of room for more improvement. As Dog said above, it's time for us to be elite, and I think we have the talent for that.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
There was one play where Foles threw up a duck whilst Quinn was hanging off his leg. How is that not classed as a hit?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Radio is wrong. As RaminExile mentioned, Quinn grabbed Foles by the ankle on one throw. Foles got decleated on that bogus PI call. And I saw some other plays where Foles took hits.

V3

Hall of Fame
Radio is wrong. As RaminExile mentioned, Quinn grabbed Foles by the ankle on one throw. Foles got decleated on that bogus PI call. And I saw some other plays where Foles took hits.
Where does one even find those kind of stats, anyways?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think we need to start out hot on offense and force teams to take 5-7 step drops.

The QBs we've faced so far have either gotten the ball out in less than 3 seconds or are running out of the pocket. I've also seen quite a few plays where the QBs bail out of the play and just throw the ball away.

It is frustrating g though. I want to see some sacks and hits on these opposing qbs.

iced

Greg Williams seems to be great on 1st down and aboslutely dreadful on 2nd and/or 3rd... especially on 3rd and long

ram007

Starter
I think we need to start out hot on offense and force teams to take 5-7 step drops.

The QBs we've faced so far have either gotten the ball out in less than 3 seconds or are running out of the pocket. I've also seen quite a few plays where the QBs bail out of the play and just throw the ball away.

It is frustrating g though. I want to see some sacks and hits on these opposing qbs.

I think, Arizona (last year) started this trend of QB getting rid of the ball as fast as possible against Rams DL. Palmer in that game was like 17/20 completions. Looks like Rams are yet to find an answer on how to force QBs to take 5 or 7 step drop throws. That is bread and butter for his DL to get Sacks. This is scheming and goes clearly to the footsteps of Fisher and Gregg Williams for failing to stop the bleeding with better game plan. Hope they raise up to the occasion...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yesterday's effort was better than Dallas, but the defense is still underacheiving by a wide margin over what I expected at the beginnig of the season.

If they were what I'd hoped for, they wouldn't have let Philadelphia march down and score right after we scored.

They have to be able to halt opponent's drives for field goals.

Maybe they get better, but I am underwhelmed at this point.