Greg Robinson and the Bye week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What will Greg Robinson's role be after the Bye week vs. Philly?

• He will play and he will start

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • He will play and see snaps on the O line but he won't start

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • He will not play

Votes: 24 32.0%

• Total voters

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Currently over the last three games when the Rams go to their jumbo package when they add the third outside strong side OT.....the 6-5/335 pound Robinson is on the sideline watching our back up center.....Tim Barnes the 6th Ram OL'er form up & I also saw OT Mike Person the 7th Ram getting some action as an inline left side third outside TE too.

That tells me that the first round & overall 2nd 2014 selection Greg Robinson is the 8th Ram OL'er & is afterthought behind those two 3 & 4 yr young vets. Right now the OL has been decent and remained together for three games.....where would GR come in & play? who will he replace? from what I see thus far are two weakest posts are ORG & OC both previous pro bowlers who are in the best health condition in the last two to three years. GR does not play OC nor has he ever played ORG.

Long & Saffold have done a good job in pass protection which permitted AD to being able to push the ball deep. I would not expect to see that duo broke up.

Not only did Mike Person get a few reps on the left side as a TE, he also is the one who took snaps at LEFT GUARD when Saffold went out with a helmet issue. It was NOT Robinson. Which tells me, Greg Robinson 1) either isn't handing his business or 2) isn't handling NOT playing very well.

The defenses they are getting ready to face in upcoming games, doesn't bode well for a raw rookie, who apparently still doesn't feel comfortable enough in his assignments.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
1. Most rookies don't pay dividends right away.
2. Quick is a perfect example of why calling a draft pick a waste after one season is a f'n joke.
3. We're three games into the season and even if he doesn't play this season, no draft pick is a wasted pick after one damn season.

Don't be so short-sighted. That's PD forum talk.

If our GM was that way, our best offensive player this season wouldn't be on the team.
You expect the number two overall in the draft to make an immediate impact. And even if he doesn't make an immediate impact, at the very lest you expect him to play more than 1 offensive snap in week 3.
Not saying he's a bust, but he's been a disappointment from that perspective

jjab360

Legend
No but I would like to forget what I saw from Robinson during the game.....and even worse I like to forget what I observed Robinson specifically when I re-watch the game jjab360 two days later when it rained most of the day. You & I have had many disagreements on our Ram views on differing subjects over this last year but here once again I am simply not in agreement with your statement that Robinson is Boudreau's top reserve.

Thus far thank goodness the only OL post that had an injury event was @ OLG. It was the only OL post of the five that Greg Robinson might be able to not get embarrassed playing. The first reason that we saw Robinson in place of any other reserve in this injury event was it occurred very late in the first game with the score 34-3 & a Viking win well evident. So due to that element alone sending in Robinson to get his first NFL action & experience was good very needed for GR but his performance was very bad for the Rams offense. That's just me putting it very PC way.
Huh? Outside of one missed blitz pickup, Robinson was fine in that game. You might wanna go back and look again because you're way over-exaggerating here. Like, by a lot.
Yesterday we did not see Robinson on the field during offensive series or special teams. However I did see Barnes & Person on the field during several offensive plays on various series & on special teams. Like I said earlier I think Boudreau will resist yanking Saffold away from his entrenched starting OLG post & go with his two most experience reserves in Barnes & Person. I consider the experienced Barnes the first up reserve on any interior OL post. I also see Person as first up on any OT post fill in. That's me & we will see. But I also think that later on in the season as Boudreau works with Robinson the above will change.
Actually Robinson did see one snap on offense and 5 snaps on Special Teams. And Person only played 2 snaps, and Barnes 3, so I don't know what you mean when you say several.

I respect your POV Bon, but I think you're way off on a lot of matters regarding the O-line and some of your speculations are pretty far out there. Robinson was first reserve at LT and LG all throughout training camp and preseason and I'm pretty sure that if Joseph or Barksdale were to go down all signs indicate that Saffold would fill their position and Robinson would come in at LG. I have no idea what you're seeing that makes you believe that Person or Barnes would come in before him, but I just don't see what you see.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I respect your POV Bon, but I think you're way off on a lot of matters regarding the O-line and some of your speculations are pretty far out there.

Any examples of "speculations are pretty far out there" or "way off on a lot of matters regarding the OL"?

They could be sure used to put me in what you think may be rightful place here just a ROD lurker & distant poster on matters of the OL, jjab360.... since that where I concentrate most of my 2500 posts. There should be a lot of those examples in the data service provided here by this excellent forum.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He will not play until somebody gets hurt, IMO. I really like how the OL has played the last two weeks, overall. Then again, the opposing DL's have been below average. I expected it to be that way.

iced

He will not play until somebody gets hurt, IMO. I really like how the OL has played the last two weeks, overall. Then again, the opposing DL's have been below average. I expected it to be that way.

I only like LT and LG....and absolutely hate the RG position

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're not getting to the playoffs, why are we holding him back? We'll need him next year to protect our 1st rounder, get him in now and give him valuable experience
Agree. What do you have to lose? Davis is mobile... and Hill is whatever.

The Rams have simply got to start some of these high draft picks.

Other teams are doing it... it's SOP now-a-days.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The amount of college games that Matthews, Lewan & Martin has experienced as a starter was over 3 to 4 seasons. Greg Robinson who is just 21 had accumulated very few in his 2 NCAA seasons. I still will maintain that GR will be a better more dynamic NFL player that the three named above. GR has so much to learn & expecting him to match up to those above names is not fair to Robinson IMO. I believe that this time next season GR will begin to dominate in the run game and his pass blocking ability will be improving game after game. Believe me Rams do have a large gold boulder in our arms all we need to do is clean it and polish it up ....just wait! we need clone several more of him. I for one am very happy with GR.

Well said BR. I'll just add that Snead was obviously not messing around when he said he was looking for two HoF players with those two first round picks. Donald looks like the real deal already, and Robinson still retains a ridiculous ceiling, so we'll see.

I'm with you: having GR on the roster is a very, very good thing. The Rams will probably need his services at some point this season, and a lot of the critics will die down a bit at that point.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Two words: Brian Quick.

One more word: Patience.
Pick #33 coming from a Div II school vs pick #2 being "the best prospect in the draft" according to many. We need to hear from the Rams why he is not playing.

I agree with the statement that they screwed up putting too much on his plate and that he should have been learning G exclusively.

S for patience 10 year worth of shit and mediocrity does not deserve more patience.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Pick #33 coming from a Div II school vs pick #2 being "the best prospect in the draft" according to many. We need to hear from the Rams why he is not playing.

I agree with the statement that they screwed up putting too much on his plate and that he should have been learning G exclusively.

S for patience 10 year worth of crap and mediocrity does not deserve more patience.

He'll be fine. Like Quick, we knew he was raw coming in and would have issues with pass protection early on.

If he's not playing at this time next year, then I'll be worried. For now, I'll be patient. What other choice is there?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
It seems as though Rams fans have been pretty much right on what needs to be done these past few seasons.

-We said Zac Stacy should start but it took until game 4 for it to actually happen.

-We said Saffold would be more durable and possibly more effective at guard. It took until half way into his 4thseason for it to happen.

-We said Givens can't return kicks. They still haven't realized it.

-We are saying Robinson should be at guard, what are they really holding him out for? Freaking go out there and pancake someone. Is it that complicated? I wouldn't think you would need to master a playbook to run someone over.

-Were saying keep Davis at starter. I guarantee Hill will not even duplicate what Davis has done. He just doesn't have the arm to do it.

I'm not saying I'm smarter then an NFL coach with 20 years of experience. But, I guess I just can't understand why it's taken them so long to realize some of these things. I'm just so damn sick and tired of losing the same ways for the last 10 years. We freaking deserve a 19-0 season while shattering every record ever honestly. But I would take a 9-7 season. freak.
I also said Bailey should have been starting his first year and not half way through the season and then only sparingly even when he was clearly and still is their best receiver. I heard the same old excuses "he's not ready yet, doesn't know the playbook, hasn't had enough reps." BS The receivers were dropping passes, getting hit in the back of head, and Bailey sat on the bench. If those excuses are true then why is Evans playing now, why is Watkins playing now, why is Cooks playing now, why is Benjamin playing now, why is Lee playing now, why is Matthews playing now. All Wide receivers and into the 2nd round!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I also said Bailey should have been starting his first year and not half way through the season and then only sparingly even when he was clearly and still is their best receiver. I heard the same old excuses "he's not ready yet, doesn't know the playbook, hasn't had enough reps." BS The receivers were dropping passes, getting hit in the back of head, and Bailey sat on the bench. If those excuses are true then why is Evans playing now, why is Watkins playing now, why is Cooks playing now, why is Benjamin playing now, why is Lee playing now, why is Matthews playing now. All Wide receivers and into the 2nd round!

I couldn't agree more. It doesn't make sense to start Chris Givens over Steadman Bailey even as a rookie. In fact, Brian Quick could have been a lot more productive last year had they played him more. Bailey and Quick would have far out performed Givens and Pettis. Just play the best guy.