Greg Robinson and the Bye week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What will Greg Robinson's role be after the Bye week vs. Philly?

• He will play and he will start

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • He will play and see snaps on the O line but he won't start

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • He will not play

Votes: 24 32.0%

• Total voters

Irish

Starter
Welp, its the bye week now. 13 days until the Rams are back at it again against the Philadelphia Eagles, which, if the same offense shows up that week that showed up in the first half yesterday, should be an incredibly high scoring shootout of a game.

I was a huge proponent of Davin Joseph and thought that he was absolutely the best option at right guard, but after 3 games I am starting to change my tune. Bye weeks are perfect times to ease a player or a team into a difficult situation and prepare them.

So, what do you think? Will Robinson see added playing time in 2 weeks, will he start, or will he be held out again?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'm thinking (hoping) they'll start easing him in. The o-line played well yesterday, but I don't think anyone on the coaching staff would heap praise upon the job Joseph has done. Maybe it will just be some jumbo packages or designed run plays, but I think they'll get him in a few reps at least.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Currently over the last three games when the Rams go to their jumbo package when they add the third outside strong side OT.....the 6-5/335 pound Robinson is on the sideline watching our back up center.....Tim Barnes the 6th Ram OL'er form up & I also saw OT Mike Person the 7th Ram getting some action as an inline left side third outside TE too.

That tells me that the first round & overall 2nd 2014 selection Greg Robinson is the 8th Ram OL'er & is afterthought behind those two 3 & 4 yr young vets. Right now the OL has been decent and remained together for three games.....where would GR come in & play? who will he replace? from what I see thus far are two weakest posts are ORG & OC both previous pro bowlers who are in the best health condition in the last two to three years. GR does not play OC nor has he ever played ORG.

Long & Saffold have done a good job in pass protection which permitted AD to being able to push the ball deep. I would not expect to see that duo broke up.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i would like to see robinson play. i would also like to see alexander and barnes or jones [if healthy]play.i know last year we got off to a bad start then turned it around but i would rather go 4 and 12 and know what we have in these 4 player then go 8 and 8 and still have question on these players. pluss who knows if we shake shet up maybe we still turn things around and go 8 and 8. lets shake shet up go rams

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
We're not getting to the playoffs, why are we holding him back? We'll need him next year to protect our 1st rounder, get him in now and give him valuable experience

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Apparently we were TRULY drafting for the future with Robinson. A totally wasted pick at this point that will bring back the Fisher doesn't draft OL in the first round.

drpugilist

Currently over the last three games when the Rams go to their jumbo package when they add the third outside strong side OT.....the 6-5/335 pound Robinson is on the sideline watching our back up center.....Tim Barnes the 6th Ram OL'er form up & I also saw OT Mike Person the 7th Ram getting some action as an inline left side third outside TE too.

That tells me that the first round & overall 2nd 2014 selection Greg Robinson is the 8th Ram OL'er & is afterthought behind those two 3 & 4 yr young vets. Right now the OL has been decent and remained together for three games.....where would GR come in & play? who will he replace? from what I see thus far are two weakest posts are ORG & OC both previous pro bowlers who are in the best health condition in the last two to three years. GR does not play OC nor has he ever played ORG.

Long & Saffold have done a good job in pass protection which permitted AD to being able to push the ball deep. I would not expect to see that duo broke up.

why did we draft him then??

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just think our best O-L-ne will be, Long-Robinson-Wells-Saffold-Barksdale, and I want to see it sooner rather than later!

jjab360

Legend

Don't be ridiculous, Robinson was the first player in the game when Saffold went down week 1.

Athos

Legend
Davis stinks. I pray the bye week helps Robinson get acquainted to the OG position and can step in for meaningful snaps without mindnumbingly dumb mistakes against the Iggles.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It seems as though Rams fans have been pretty much right on what needs to be done these past few seasons.

-We said Zac Stacy should start but it took until game 4 for it to actually happen.

-We said Saffold would be more durable and possibly more effective at guard. It took until half way into his 4thseason for it to happen.

-We said Givens can't return kicks. They still haven't realized it.

-We are saying Robinson should be at guard, what are they really holding him out for? Freaking go out there and pancake someone. Is it that complicated? I wouldn't think you would need to master a playbook to run someone over.

-Were saying keep Davis at starter. I guarantee Hill will not even duplicate what Davis has done. He just doesn't have the arm to do it.

I'm not saying I'm smarter then an NFL coach with 20 years of experience. But, I guess I just can't understand why it's taken them so long to realize some of these things. I'm just so damn sick and tired of losing the same ways for the last 10 years. We freaking deserve a 19-0 season while shattering every record ever honestly. But I would take a 9-7 season. Fuck.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No pick is a wasted pick after one damn season.
Well he sure isn't paying any dividends right now.

After all the complaining about Quick and Bradford not living up to their draft status how does this guy get a pass.

Matthews is starting at LOT in Atl and playing well even with an ankle sprain
Lewan is playing for Tennessee
Martin is starting and playing Guard for the Cowboys

And Robinson isn't breaking a sweat

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Well he sure isn't paying any dividends right now.

After all the complaining about Quick and Bradford not living up to their draft status how does this guy get a pass.

Matthews is starting at LOT in Atl and playing well even with an ankle sprain
Lewan is playing for Tennessee
Martin is starting and playing Guard for the Cowboys

And Robinson isn't breaking a sweat

1. Most rookies don't pay dividends right away.
2. Quick is a perfect example of why calling a draft pick a waste after one season is a f'n joke.
3. We're three games into the season and even if he doesn't play this season, no draft pick is a wasted pick after one damn season.

Don't be so short-sighted. That's PD forum talk.

If our GM was that way, our best offensive player this season wouldn't be on the team.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I can only guess that the coaches just aren't as low on Joseph as we are. They value his experience same as Wells.

And it's not just about making that pancake block with regard to the passing game. I don't know, but I just can't see who's to know how many of those passes are incomplete due to pressure if it's Robinson and Saffold rather than Saffold and Joseph.

I don't like slow start either, but the offensive line is improving as a unit as the season continues, much like last year.

iced

Joseph continues to be the weakest link on the o-line - the sooner robinson gets in there the better..
If our GM was that way, our best offensive player this season wouldn't be on the team.

If this were anything but a Top 5 pick - I'd normally be inclined to agree with you... But seeing as how he's the 2nd overall pick - essentially saying this player is going to give you the 2nd most contributions out of the rest of the players in the draft...

Meanwhile Joseph has been playing pretty close to god awful every week (especially the first two)..And while it is nice to give a rookie as long as possible to make sure he's absolutely ready, the fact is this regime is in year 3 of their development - and quite frankly I don't think they can afford 2 or 3 years to wait on a #2 overall pick to develop into starting caliber.. Time is not on their side, this far on...NFL - Not For Long league.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The amount of college games that Matthews, Lewan & Martin has experienced as a starter was over 3 to 4 seasons. Greg Robinson who is just 21 had accumulated very few in his 2 NCAA seasons. I still will maintain that GR will be a better more dynamic NFL player that the three named above. GR has so much to learn & expecting him to match up to those above names is not fair to Robinson IMO. I believe that this time next season GR will begin to dominate in the run game and his pass blocking ability will be improving game after game. Believe me Rams do have a large gold boulder in our arms all we need to do is clean it and polish it up ....just wait! we need clone several more of him. I for one am very happy with GR.

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam forgetting about someone:
where would GR come in & play? who will he replace?
Saffold would slide over to RG replacing Joseph who has not played well and Robinson would be our LG.

Last edited: