Greg Gaines because

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loved the pick and extremely happy he's developed the way he has. The best part about the guy are his off season workout videos :D

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Kevin Ow---I mean Greg Gaines has been pretty good.

kevin-owens-so-good.gif

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is awesome… I was getting set to start one, but you beat me!!

Friggen Barney Rubble is getting it done!

He’s redeeming the 2019 draft class.. and solving some of next year’s cap problems if he keeps this up.

Much, much needed internal boost.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
That is awesome! I'm curious as to what is holding this defense back considering their pass rush win rate and run stop win rate?

Also tells me that there is a lot of room for this defense to get way better in late December/January!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Greg "Grizzly Bear" Gaines. Can't be stopped you can only hope to contain him. :laugh4:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
That is awesome! I'm curious as to what is holding this defense back considering their pass rush win rate and run stop win rate?

Also tells me that there is a lot of room for this defense to get way better in late December/January!
Pass rush win rate is between the defensive player and the O lineman. It does not take into account what actually happened on the play. If the QB throws before the defender arrives or scrambles away or whatever else, it's still a good play for the offense. That's what's happening.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Pass rush win rate is between the defensive player and the O lineman. It does not take into account what actually happened on the play. If the QB throws before the defender arrives or scrambles away or whatever else, it's still a good play for the offense. That's what's happening.
I gotcha there, I understand that if the coverages were better then the aforementioned statistics would translate more to overall defensive performance.
I just was trying to avoid stinking up a positive thread is all :)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Loved the pick and extremely happy he's developed the way he has. The best part about the guy are his off season workout videos :D
Yeah I recall several of us liking that pick. For me it’s because I remember of giving Penn State fits in their bowl game. He was a beast.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yes. He's taken a huge step up this season. VERY nice to see. We probably haven't seen his best yet either.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has replaced Ndamukong Suh... just like Wade Philips said he would when they drafted him.

dang

Legend

I was pondering the same question as I was reading this post. I think it boils down to:

1) poor play at ILB,
2) inability to scheme a more dynamic inside pass rush
3) soft 10 yard cushion from LOS on pass coverage.

We have the horses to fix #2 and #3. I’m cautiously optimistic we have already figured out #1.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Greg Gaines has been an absolute revelation, and it makes me more comfortable losing SJD and/or Robinson in free agency/cuts.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I always liked this guy, but he's definitely taken a step up this year.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
LEVERAGE! Dude understands it and is only getting better.

The chase down tackles with him laying out are just ICING! Or is that the cake!?