Great Offense vs Great Defense - Which do you prefer watching?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What would you rather watch, A great offense or a great defense?

• Great Offense

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Great Defense

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
As a former, incredibly non-talented 2nd string running back playing one level above 8 man football, I can honestly say....I LOVE watching a REALLY good O-line destroy a defensive front 7. For some reason, the names Slater, Harrah, and Pankey come to mind.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
One of my all time favorite games was the Rams vs the Buccaneers! Defensive battle with the good guys winning. Admire great defense more.
Great game,but no more exciting than the Minnesota game

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
hjbjkhkl.png

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Obviously you need both but there's a reason they say, "offense sells tickets but defense wins the hardware." Ask Peyton Manning.
I would have liked this, but it brought back memories of our defenders from the dark time before Fish arrived. (excluding a few of course) I won't name (Dahl) names of course. :whistle:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
A great D is always more impressive for me to watch. IF you care, here is why:

Watching the defenses of the Rams (75-78), Bears (85-87), Steelers (pick a year) or the Seahawks (2013) is more impressive than watching the offenses that are great Rams (99-2001), Broncos (2013), Washington (83), because:

Many times, it seems like some offenses 'trick' the defense, or the defense has fear of their speed...but a great D never tricks, it dominates. When teams stopped fearing the Rams speed, they played them better (Tampa & Giants 2001.

I think the Rams offense (99-2001) had a few games where the defenses just smashed them, and the
Rams didn't look so good. A great D never allows that happen (IN GENERAL)