Great Offense vs Great Defense - Which do you prefer watching?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What would you rather watch, A great offense or a great defense?

• Great Offense

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Great Defense

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I was thinking about this the other day when I was watching some of the best games from 2013.
I watched Denver completely blow out the ravens, followed by the NFC West championship game with the Hawks and the Niners.
One was crazy high scoring with touchdowns being thrown for fun, the other was typical smash mouth close contest with big hits and big run game.

I wanted to get other peoples thoughts on this so my question is, what do you prefer watching? as a fan that is. Do you prefer seeing the peyton mannings throwing 7 touchdowns in one game, or do you prefer to watch a defence stuff the run and force field goals and sacks.

Me personally, Id rather watch a game where the defence dominates and it's typically low scoring but very physical and aggressive.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Obviously you need both but there's a reason they say, "offense sells tickets but defense wins the hardware." Ask Peyton Manning.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
To me, some of this depends upon the favorable match ups you have or can make vs opponents.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
If it ends in a Rams' win, I'm cool either way. But generally speaking, I prefer games where teams fight for every yard as opposed to the track meets. That which we achieve to easily, we esteem to lightly, and all that jazz.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Teams with a great defense tend to be more consistent... And in the playoffs that's huge.

Not to mention, if you can keep the score down you are always a play away from taking the lead.

I probably enjoy watching a great offense more, but voted defense.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I want both on my team at the same time. Is that too much to ask?

I enjoy both, but I think I like a kick ass Defense at little more.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
You need balance. Look the seahags like year had a great d but they also scored. Kc Chiefs of the 90 era had a great d but lost because the offense scored hardly.

jap

Legend
I would love to see all three: great defense, offense, and special teams. I would love to see the Horns hit the top five in all three categories---ideally, be #1 in all three; but then, I am very greedy! :sneaky::LOL:

Irish

Starter
Give me the Greatest Show on Turf all day every day.

Scintillating offenses, big scores, barn burner shootouts, long plays, don't blink or you might miss it offenses are so awesome to watch.

Alan

Legend
Posters should keep in mind that the thread is asking "which would you rather watch" and not which is better for your team.

VARam

Defense gives you the meat and potatoes so to speak. It's not sexy to watch, but it produces more success than would a run and shoot offense.

Alan

Legend
AZfan93 with this:
Defense wins championships. I want to watch a championship.
Then why not start a thread that asks which is more important for winning a championship?

I'm not the thought police. :LOL: I'm not trying to tell anybody what to say, I'm just trying to remind everyone to respect the question asked by the guy who started the thread. If you started a thread that asked a question wouldn't you like posters to address it rather than go off on tangents? I know I would.

Of course you can always do both right? How about something like this:

"I'd prefer to watch a game like the Rams had against the Broncos in 2000 that we won 41 to 36. But you need balance to win a championship." ;)

Of course I love to go on tangents so...

VARam

You need balance. Look the seahags like year had a great d but they also scored. Kc Chiefs of the 90 era had a great d but lost because the offense scored hardly.
..and had a Schottenheimer at the helm. They were doubly screwed.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Posters should keep in mind that the thread is asking "which would you rather watch" and not which is better for your team.

Actually, the thread asks "Great offense vs Great defense, which do you prefer?" and the Poll asks "What would you rather watch; a great offense or a great defense?"

Alan

Legend
Rambitious1 catching what I missed:
Actually, the thread asks "Great offense vs Great defense, which do you prefer?" and the Poll asks "What would you rather watch; a great offense or a great defense?"
Thanks Rambitious. I missed that completely. Well that changes things. Sounds like he want's something like my example for an answer since he's asking two questions. Of course you'd still need to answer the poll with which you'd rather watch right? :)

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL
can someone change the title of my thread to "Great offence vs Great defence, which do you prefer watching" to end this confusion? :)

I thought I explained it well enough in the post but i guess not :/