Great Offense vs Great Defense - Which do you prefer watching?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What would you rather watch, A great offense or a great defense?

• Great Offense

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Great Defense

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters

Alan

Legend
theramsruleUK looking to get off easy:
can someone change the title of my thread to "Great offence vs Great defence, which do you prefer watching" to end this confusion? :)

I thought I explained it well enough in the post but i guess not :/
No, you must live with this for the rest of your life.:mad:

Well you did for me but I had a good nights sleep and had got in my 5 cups of coffee already and thus I was at my peak. If you can call it that. :ROFLMAO:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I would prefer a stifling, dominant Defense. That said, any defense can be beaten Any Given Sunday.

What you really need is a clutch offense. One that can bail out the defense on that Sunday when the team is down by 2 scores.

In 2008, Fisher's Titans had a great defense, but their offense wasn't clutch and they were 1-and-done.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
During the regular season I prefer a great offense. Give me a great defense in post season. The refs allow the defensive backs more latitude in the playoffs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Defense travels much better than Offense....always in the game...can score too...usually comes with great special teams....Defenses baby!

Alan

Legend
RamsAndEwe getting down to the nitty-gritty:
The refs allow the defensive backs more latitude in the playoffs.
That's an excellent point RAE.

AZRamsFan93

Then why not start a thread that asks which is more important for winning a championship?

I'm not the thought police. :LOL: I'm not trying to tell anybody what to say, I'm just trying to remind everyone to respect the question asked by the guy who started the thread. If you started a thread that asked a question wouldn't you like posters to address it rather than go off on tangents? I know I would.

Of course you can always do both right? How about something like this:

"I'd prefer to watch a game like the Rams had against the Broncos in 2000 that we won 41 to 36. But you need balance to win a championship." ;)

Of course I love to go on tangents so...

I prefer to watch us win. Period.

It's like golf. It's not how, it's how many.

I don't care how we win, I want to watch us win. I think defense is a more sure bet to make that happen. How is that not respecting the thread?

Alan

Legend
AZfan93 showing why he likes to watch the D:
I prefer to watch us win. Period.

It's like golf. It's not how, it's how many.

I don't care how we win, I want to watch us win. I think defense is a more sure bet to make that happen. How is that not respecting the thread?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me and you. Good comeback AZ. :bow::banana:

That fact that you watch golf, much less like it, explains a lot. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: You can't even see the damn ball half the time.

But I understand your position. There's nothing I like better than seeing 24 punts a game and the Rams winning 2 zip. (y)

If you get the chance to see that season opening 2000 Monday Night Rams vs Broncos game you should NOT pass it up.

Of course I really liked watching the Bears win that SB too.

Last edited:

Big Game

Living The Dream
I like watching both personally. But man to watch a team that can score at will on anybody is fun. I Still remember 99 if you where late getting to your seats and the Rams got the ball first you missed them score it was crazy. Good Time!!!:nice::sneaky::rockon:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My two favorite coaches Martz and Coryell ,O till it comes out your ears

AZRamsFan93

R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me and you. Good comeback AZ. :bow::banana:

That fact that you watch golf, much less like it, explains a lot. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: You can't even see the damn ball half the time.

But I understand your position. There's nothing I like better than seeing 24 punts a game and the Rams winning 2 zip. (y)

If you get the chance to see that season opening 2000 Monday Night Rams vs Broncos game you should NOT pass it up.

Of course I really liked watching the Bears win that SB too.
I am an old school, fearsome foursome, kinda guy. Our first Super Bowl was achieved via an awesome defense that held the Seahawks to -7 total yards and 1 first down (still both NFL records).

I love to watch great defense and big hits.

Alan

Legend
AZfan93 loving that D:
I love to watch great defense and big hits.
Me too.

Almost as much as watching the GSOT offense. The best thing about both of those...they involved the Rams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
During the regular season I prefer a great offense. Give me a great defense in post season. The refs allow the defensive backs more latitude in the playoffs.
This is especially true in the NBA in terms of ref allowance.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm a defensive guy, love the tackle, especially for yards lost :)

a great Defense can stop a great offense score, heck I'll take a win by fieldgoals if i have to!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I wonder what the results would look like if this were asked in 2001, haha. I am not going to lie to myself and say I like low scoring games. That's for "Futbol", IMO. I like vertical offenses and lots of scoring personally. For the Rams only however....Rams opponents piss me off if they cross THEIR 30 yd line. I agree with Alan that the opener in 2000 was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen though. Crazy how good our O was...and just how bad our D was. Damnit.....

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
One of my all time favorite games was the Rams vs the Buccaneers! Defensive battle with the good guys winning. Admire great defense more.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The GSOT are my heroes. I can't turn away...

My gosh I love our defense, though. Feel like we have something.