Grade our draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade our draft

• A

Votes: 65 48.1%
  • B+

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • B-

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • C+

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • C

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • C-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I gave them a B+ Because I believe, instead of taking that 2nd TE we could have done better By taking a CB! JMHO
BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN, You know NO ONE Loves the Rams more than Me!!
GO RAMS
View attachment 13467
I'd of preferred a DB or C. But I suppose they are fine with Barnes and think our dB depth can fill in for jj and McLeod. They wanted someone to replace bates and liked Forrest. That's my reasoning for it I guess.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Really impressed with how Snisher read the draft. Even with trading away what seemed like a lot of capital, they managed to get great value throughout the draft. It's almost like they knew what every other team was going to do. Additionally they helped put Goff more towards a position to succeed by drafting players that coinside with his skill set. A solid B+ draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Can't ever grade a draft, right after the draft, because who the heck knows?

I can give it an A for what our intentions are. I give credit to our staff for knowing, and getting a QB, and some real quality prospects to go with him. TE, WR, etc. We drafted some talent. I love Cooper, Thomas can be a real deep threat, we got two super talented pass catching big guys. Cherry on top, we made some solid UDFA's signings.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
A for audacity.

Un-fucking-believable draft!!!

:yay::grouphug::wow:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can never grade drafts. I like to think we did pretty damn well. Once again, it looks like we went in with a plan under the Snisher regime whereas for years I couldn't say that. I will - as always - wait until the players strap on the helmet before grading them. For now - I simply like what I see in the potential.

TexasRam

Legend
Just want to warn my Rams brethren, patience is key. Higbee, Thomas, and Cooper are all talented. But all three still have a ways to go in terms of development. Don't get your expectations too high for them as rookies. I think they'll be productive players down the line but they may not be ready to contribute that much in 2016.

Good point. I've been around long enough to know Wr's usually take at least a year or two before they start hitting their stride. There are exceptions like Moss, Bruce etc. but the vast majority need a year. And so do QB's.

What we saw with Warner and Holt in '99 was so rare.

My best case scenario is our defense winning us some close ones in the first half of the season and Goff Playing his best ball in the second half and clinching us a playoff game. With the Rookie WR's contributing here and there while the veterans Tavon and Gurley carry us.

That's best case.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The only pick I questioned was Hemmingway
I had him and Adams from S. Carolina as some of the top TE's....I think he's a nice player...he's really raw as far as routes...but has an excellent frame....
@Tron @DaveFan'51
I'm sure we'll have about 3 very good udfa's in to workout that are solid corners....all we need is one...maybe my boy McGee is still around.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Just want to warn my Rams brethren, patience is key. Higbee, Thomas, and Cooper are all talented. But all three still have a ways to go in terms of development. Don't get your expectations too high for them as rookies. I think they'll be productive players down the line but they may not be ready to contribute that much in 2016.

Agree for most part,but I think that the rams will have some special packages for Higbee.
Not that he will lead team in receptions or anything.but this kid is too good not be contributing
in year one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I had him and Adams from S. Carolina as some of the top TE's....I think he's a nice player...he's really raw as far as routes...but has an excellent frame....
@Tron @DaveFan'51
I'm sure we'll have about 3 very good udfa's in to workout that are solid corners....all we need is one...maybe my boy McGee is still around.
I trust them so not worried.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I give it an A. Getting Goff is an A by itself but adding Cooper and Thomas made my day. Higbee could be good if he isn't in jail. The Rams have been getting raked for that pick.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I gave them a B.

The Goff pick is self explanatory. We needed a quarterback; we got a quarterback - and the one I favored.

The Higbee pick is a steal. He has day 2 talent, but the off-field issue held him back and we found Cook's replacement.From what I've heard from you guys, it sounds like it was justifiable. Another upgrade.

Where we took Cooper, it was a solid pick. He isn't a big receiver, but his tape speaks for himself. I can see him taking defenders away for Tavon and vice versa He's got a good chance to be our #3 receiver behind Britt and Austin.

Taking Hemingway is where I drop this down from an A to a B. He doesn't have the burst. He may be large target, but he doesn't do much after the catch. From what I've heard from ESPN and the NFL Network, he's not a blocking tight end. I haven't seen video of him blocking, so I'm taking their words for it. I'd rather take someone who has the potential to come on the field and not be a one trick pony. Hemingway is a project and most likely just an insurance pick in-case of an injury or guilty verdict on Higbee. If we didn't have this pick, I would probably rate this draft at a B+ (borderline A-).

Forrest has potential to be a good backup at the linebacker position - which is a bit thin at the moment.

Thomas is not a speedy receiver, nor will he be able to get much separation; however, he has the hands and the ability to make great grabs against contact. Thomas could very well find himself on our final roster in September.

I didn't like the Hemingway pick and we still have holes to fill at the safety and corner back positions. Also no day 2 picks might have contributed to this mediocre rating. Plus, no QB trade for another pick.

Solid draft. I rated them probably a little harsher than many of you, but I really do like what we did this year. :)

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Can't ever grade a draft, right after the draft, because who the heck knows?

I can give it an A for what our intentions are. I give credit to our staff for knowing, and getting a QB, and some real quality prospects to go with him. TE, WR, etc. We drafted some talent. I love Cooper, Thomas can be a real deep threat, we got two super talented pass catching big guys. Cherry on top, we made some solid UDFA's signings.
It's all about the intentions and it's clear that they're all in on putting together a champion!!!!

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Los Angeles Rams

Analysis: This is a boom-or-bust draft class for GM Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher. Right now, the Rams have to be judged on the needs they filled -- and they got their favorite quarterback at No. 1 with Jared Goff after trading a big haul of draft picks to move up 14 spots. The long-term success of this class will all hinge on if that was the right pick. The team was wise to give Goff additional weapons by selecting a pair of tight ends and two wide receivers.

Grade: B

USA TODAY SPORTS
by Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports

Memphis Ram

Legend
I get the Goff selection given the new passing game coordinator. Hope he pans out.

In Tyler Higbee, the Rams have FINALLY picked up a legitimate potential nightmare for opposing defenses at the position. Hopefully, his off the field and injury history doesn't carry over to the NFL.

Could be wrong, but Pharoh Cooper sorta looks like Tavon Austin's eventual replacement. If they open things up on offense, perhaps he can play some wildcat QB.

Hopefully Hemmingway isn't the next Fendi Onobon and pans out. Forrest sorta looks like Ogletree Part Deux to me. And I love the enthusiasm of Mike Thomas.

Grade? Incomplete of course.

…..

Legend
We always think we did well. Its going to take time to know for sure

You know who banged out this draft in awesome fashion?

ROD

I been around message boards at draft time many years... but never have I been more informed and more impressed with some of our members. To see the Rams land the very players many of our members were talking about, clamoring for, explaining and describing, was really amazing.

I feel better about this draft than any other before, and Im not sure if its because the players are better, the teams plan is better and more defined and executed, or if ROD has kept me so informed that my new knowledge is clouding my ability to objectively judge. One thing I am sure of is that you all get an A+

Thanks everyone.