Goodell: Nfl Could Abolish The Extra Point.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
I don't think it will change in the end because it's a perfect time to have a commercial. Both before and after. Can't do that if it's an automatic 7 90% of the time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goodell is such an a-hole. He's going to ruin this sport. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Goodell's buffoonery would have ruined what made this game's finish so crazy:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
lol. That was the most backwards-assed explanation of a 2 point conversion I ever read. We'll give you 7 with a chance for 8, but if you fail, it's only 6. How about just giving 6 and making teams try to convert the 2 point conversion. It's the same freakin' thing.
I don't think so.

If you just give 6 or 8, that's different than giving 7.

Alan

Legend
I don't understand your point max (and it's not in blue) but you can't argue with the logic. :lol:

jap

Legend
Goodall is following the man who may have been the most innovative and overall best sports commissioner in any team sport in Pete Rozelle and his less brilliant but competent successor, Paul Tagliabue. He is trying so frigging hard to make a positive contribution that he keeps coming up with over the top idiocies like this crap. :disappoint:

The PAT, FG, punt, kickoff, and the rare free kick are the only things left that help to truly legitimize calling our beloved sport football. Why the hell does he want to mess with that!?! :mad:

fearsomefour

Legend
Every play has to be exciting, huh Roger? F it. Not only get ride of boring things like running plays and huddles let a tiger loose on the field mid play 4 random times during a game. Lets extend half time to a full hour and feature armed combat between strippers and mentally ill midgets.
The game is great because it is the game. Roger is a man desperate to appear to have vision. Ruining the game.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Why not just move it back 10 yards? Make the extra point not so automatic. they are professionals after all, so they shouldn't be kicking an extra point from the same distance as a high schooler.

Alan

Legend
max with an excellent point:
My basic point is that X Stinks at math. :rofl:
When you're right you're right max. :lol:
Mathematical axioms are not axioms of general truth. (The Purloined Letter by Edgar Allan Poe)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
If they find it so automatic why don't they just move the LOS for the kick back to make it more difficult?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Goodell is a :jerkoff:. He needs to leave the game alone.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Every play has to be exciting, huh Roger? F it. Not only get ride of boring things like running plays and huddles let a tiger loose on the field mid play 4 random times during a game. Lets extend half time to a full hour and feature armed combat between strippers and mentally ill midgets.
The game is great because it is the game. Roger is a man desperate to appear to have vision. Ruining the game.
Wow, that made me laugh out loud :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Instead, they should make teams kick a 55 yarder for the extra point. It would put a premium on kickers in the draft, and make Hekker happy.

Why would it make Hekker happy but not Zuerlien?

V3

Hall of Fame
I think the PAT has gotten too routine. I think I heard that it's good 99.6% of the time. I don't want to get rid of it but I do agree it's too easy. I usually never even bother to watch them. The best suggestion I've heard is to move the kick back to around the 30 yard line or so. I'd look at the percentages for FG's made from various distances and use that to help determine what the distance should be. I think something around 75% would be good. That's up for debate but 99.6% is a joke. Goodell is right about that part. I don't like his suggestion but I do agree that there could be some tweaking.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Abolish Seattle, their run first heavy defense is boring, and despite the NFL and ESPN hyping Wilson, he's still just a game manager that is carries by his team. Gunslingers are more exciting.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Goodell is in his position to destroy this game. It is the only logical conclusion one can make. He is the son on a NY Senator .... he wasn't appt by accident.