Goodell: Nfl Could Abolish The Extra Point.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It should also be pointed out that eliminating the extra point kicks would ultimately hurt the kicking game as a whole.

One suggestion that I haven't seen for making the extra point kick more exciting would be to have the goal posts move closer together... the same width as they are in arena football... and move out to their normal width for normal field goals.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Doesn't Aussie rules FB have something like this?

jap

Legend
It should also be pointed out that eliminating the extra point kicks would ultimately hurt the kicking game as a whole.

One suggestion that I haven't seen for making the extra point kick more exciting would be to have the goal posts move closer together... the same width as they are in arena football... and move out to their normal width for normal field goals.

. . . or, if you really want to go crazy, we can have oscillating goal posts. :cheese:

fearsomefour

Legend
Goodell is such an a-hole. He's going to ruin this sport. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Goodell's buffoonery would have ruined what made this game's finish so crazy:

LOL....epic...."NNOOOO!!!!". Kickers.

A Michael "beer man" Lewis appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The extra point should be a drop kick. I thought that was what it originally was.

That would help the Rams because their punter can throw for the two points.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't like it at all. It shakes it up too much. I like celebrating twice.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Instead, they should make teams kick a 55 yarder for the extra point. It would put a premium on kickers in the draft, and make Hekker happy.

Or they'd just go for two way more lol. :D

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Don't mess with success dummy. Find another way that helps the sport to make your mark and strengthen your legacy

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Maybe if teams made more effort to block a kick rather than just lining up and then virtually heading for the sideline as soon as the ball is snapped then maybe the extra point wouldn't be such a formality

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well I guess IMA be the lone dissenter cuz I see a lot of merit in it.
First WHY award 7 automatically ? To make a TD more than 2 FGs without having to go through the perfunctory PAT ,the end of games would change dramaticaally but for that little math "majic".IOW THAT would OVEREMPHASIZE the kicking game.

Second ,I was there the day Dan Dierdorf ( a HOF tackle) sustained an knee injury the magnitude of the one Navarro Bowman just got on a PAT. The way they intertwine legs just someone falling on the tangle was all it tooK If I was to bet I'd say that PAT is one of the most dangerous plays in the game and the risk of injury for a play that doesn't vary more than 5 times in 1200 or 1/12 of 1% is hard to justify when it loses you a lineman for the season you are paying what you pay Jake Long.

I can identify with the traditional view but i hardly think this is an idea Goodell pulled out of his ass ,it has merit.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree that XPts have become too routine,but i don't like this idea.

I say just move back the extra point 10 or 15 yards. Keep it interesting and easier to block for the defending ST's.

I like that, but I'm even more daring. Let's go back to at least the 25 yard line to hike the ball that way it's a closer to a 40+ yarder. That would be exciting! Can you imagine in the snow or winds? We could have some games won/lost on a regular basis with the extra point at this distance.