Goff's passing chart week 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Amen. That's exactly what I saw. Higbee bobbled it. TEs are paid to make catches in traffic. Higbee's wasn't a difficult catch by TE standards. He has to make that. He's the one WR/TE this year who hasn't been making plays when targeted.

It's bothering me because he was such a talented, sure-handed guy in college. It's really disappointing. If we had Higbee controlling the seam, our offense would be that much more unstoppable.

Higbee is a TE who doesn't like to be hit . . . kind of a bad career choice, wouldn't you say?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Here are some photos that hopefully illustrate why I disagree:
Higbee_1.png

Higbee_2.png

Higbee_3.png

Higbee_3_5.png

Higbee_4.png

Higbee had a chance to catch it before the defender got his hand in and yanked on Higbee's hand, but Higbee didn't catch it cleanly. If he had, I think he could have held on through the contact. I'm not saying it's an easy play, but it's a play we need our TE to make.

Look at Woods. He had to make the same sort of catch on the play where Goff threw it to him deep on the run. He made the grab. That's the difference between the 2016 and 2017 Rams. Our WRs and TEs have been making the tough catches this year when their QB gave them a chance.

Nice Zapruter pics, Jerry. I was watching the game from the grassy knoll. It appears Higbee snaps his head back and to the right. Watch again....back... and to the right.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
1 in 100 times a guy is going to hold onto a ball while his arm is being pulled back and the defender swats it perfectly.

Ants

Starter
Still cracks me the hell up that the ball getting knocked out of Higbee's hands is a drop in peoples minds. But I've been told big time players make that play yet every Pro Bowl WR and Hall of Fame WR has had it happen to them multiple times yet Higbee sucks for it.

Disagree. The way I saw it, he tried to "double catch" it. In other words, he had it, then let go, then re-captured it.
Not sure if it was then knocked out of his hands after that.
Regardless, he should have had it.
I could be wrong though - my eyesight isn't what it used to be. :dizzy: