Goff’s best throw of the night...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Fair enough.

And nobody's expecting you to refrain from voicing disappointment over a player having a bad game. You'd have to be a robot or the recent recipient of a frontal phlebotomy to not express disappointment over a player not making plays that they absolutely should make. Yeah, that's not a problem. BELABORING disappointment and turning it into a crusade in an attempt to "convince" everyone else that said player is garbage and they're stupid for not realizing your truth?

That's not what we do here.
(not saying you do that - just clarifying the standard)
Agreed my fellow Rams Brethren, agreed.

Tano

Legend
When I saw it live I thought maybe he saw that safety coming and really did have a 'oh shit my head moment'

But watching it from that angle it almost looks like the defender gets his hand in there at the exact moment.

I don't know. Cooks hasn't been playing up to his standards.

It appeared that Mcvay was even giving him some critique on his route on Jared's second interception.

1576086062377.png

I know this is not a great picture but if you expand it - you can see the defenders hand nowhere near the ball when Cooks first puts his hand on the ball. He just dropped it.

And like others have said - while I think Cooks is a very good player, I was not happy with the contract that the Rams gave him. That is just below top of the line #1 receiver money and I think that Cooks is a Co #1 with Woods and deserves probably 70% of the money given him.

Shoot - you could probably say that Cooks is 1A, Woods is 1B and Kupp is 1C in this offense.

Ram65

Legend
I just wish he could be paid more appropriately for the player that he is, not the player that the Rams hoped he could be.
Listen, I have no intention to engage in an argument, but you proved my point. Big numbers? Yes! Big time catches when we really really needed it? You could only provide me with 1 example.

I hoped the Rams resigned him at a lower number but, he got market value for what he had done. Unfortunately, that's how it works for a player in the last year of his contract. I think Rams knew what they were paying for. He made a lot of big catches last year as he picked up the slack of having Cooper Kupp going out for the season. I'm in the let's see what happens with him the rest of the year frame of mind. The concussions could be taking their toll or not we just have to be patient.

Ram65

Legend
There's not much to go on with that. New Orleans didn't sniff the playoffs when he was with them. When he was in N.E., he had 6 catches for 100 yards in the Conference Championship, and then was pretty much blanked in the SB because Amendola and White got all the targets. Cooks was targeted twice.

Cooks got knocked out by the brutal hit (Malcolm Jenkins IIRC) trying to get extra yards. Had he not been I think the Patsies win that game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Listen, I have no intention to engage in an argument, but you proved my point. Big numbers? Yes! Big time catches when we really really needed it? You could only provide me with 1 example.
I proved your point? He was the best player in the SB. Had 8 catches on 13 targets, meanwhile Woods and Reynolds combined for 8 catches on 18 targets for only 98 yards.
That's not 1 example, its 8.
He was also the best WR on the field in the NFC championship game booking another 100 yard game (107), 7 catches on 8 targets while Woods and Reynolds combined for 10 catches on 17 targets for also 107 yards.
So the biggest 2 games of the year where he was aces, you just want to dismiss? Because he didn't come down with a ball he was clearly interfered on.
I'm not arguing, Im just trying to discuss how this guy was money last year and yet somehow less than a year later all of that seems to be forgotten

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I proved your point? He was the best player in the SB. Had 8 catches on 13 targets, meanwhile Woods and Reynolds combined for 8 catches on 18 targets for only 98 yards.
That's not 1 example, its 8.
He was also the best WR on the field in the NFC championship game booking another 100 yard game (107), 7 catches on 8 targets while Woods and Reynolds combined for 10 catches on 17 targets for also 107 yards.
So the biggest 2 games of the year where he was aces, you just want to dismiss? Because he didn't come down with a ball he was clearly interfered on.
I'm not arguing, Im just trying to discuss how this guy was money last year and yet somehow less than a year later all of that seems to be forgotten
We didnt need 8 catches, we needed 1.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
me too. I fear Cooks is done after all the concussions. You can’t play scared.

I concur, unless he able to get it back together next year, but to this point, he is playing not to get hurt IMHO.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm not sure what McVay said, but I did see McVay motioning to Cook after the play. Moving his arms up and out.
McVay didnt seem to approve Cooks route.

Slightly unrelated, but I do wish they would have a stat that showed total interceptions and interceptions that were the fault of the QB, sounds like neither pick on Sunday was Goff’s fault.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Slightly unrelated, but I do wish they would have a stat that showed total interceptions and interceptions that were the fault of the QB, sounds like neither pick on Sunday was Goff’s fault.
I wish they would as well.

On the 1st pick,Woods sat on his route. My 1st thought was it was on Goff. Woods is an excellent route runner.
Should he have kept running?

On the second one to Cooks I thought Cooks was just overthrown.
After seeing McVay on the sideline motioning to Cooks, I was under the impression Cooks ran the wrong route.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

but like the pro he is, goff took blame for the interceptions when he was interviewed on the field after the game.

i was surprised to see mcvay chastise cooks so vividly on the sideline as they were coming off the field (i assume, the replay didn't show where the players were when mcvay was letting out his frustration).

bluecoconuts

Legend
On the 1st pick,Woods sat on his route. My 1st thought was it was on Goff. Woods is an excellent route runner.

My initial thought is that if he kept going where Goff was leading him to, he probably would have gotten a big gain, looked like he had open field, but I don’t have any all-22 footage or anything. Sitting on the route would have resulted in about 5 yards on a 3rd and 10, while being hit in stride likely gets a first down and more.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I wish they would as well.

On the second one to Cooks I thought Cooks was just overthrown.
After seeing McVay on the sideline motioning to Cooks, I was under the impression Cooks ran the wrong route.
Woods should have kept running, on the cooks int, I dont think it was that cooks ran the wrong route, but rather that he ran the route incorrectly?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I missed that, what did he say?

It was caught during the broadcast of the game. I believe Collingsworth noted that Sean was telling Cooks he needed to keep his route closer to the sideline. He his the seam and that allowed Diggs to be closer to him and cover the ground necessary to grab the pick.