Goff QB 2 on depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
A Positive Look at Jared Goff
September 15, 2016
Richard

There are a lot of negative articles being written about Jared Goff. I have decided to go the positive route rather than join in with the mainstream by rushing to judgment about Goff’s abilities. The problem with the media is that they create a narrative and then feed it to the masses as if their story is the absolute truth.

Loved the read here. Really goes to show how much of a joke modern media is today; it's all sensationalist drivel that only focuses on the intro and the conclusion. It was nice to read something that was rich in substance for once. Hopefully Fisher will get his head out of his ass and have Goff start if the Rams offense is still anemic this Sunday.

ram007

Starter
Fisher adding Zing and Pep for this week by naming Goff as backup and Mannion as #3.

He will be adding more Zing and more Pep next week week by naming Mannion as starter

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He's not going to play. We could be down 30-0 at the half and he wouldnt play him. If Mannion was there there'd be a chance you could pull Keenum and play Mannion and maybe we'd have a shot (not from 30+ I know - that was just to illustrate something).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's been announced as #2 officially. Great news for us, that if Keenum doesn't pick up his play we'll finally see them start the kid's run to league dominance. Road's gonna be a bit lumpy from time to time, but that's ok because he's gonna make plays too and get better week to week.

Ellard80

Legend
Goff will dress this week. I feel it.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was part of Stan and Fishers "talk" after the 49ner game.... but who knows really.

What I do know is that if Case Keenum is really our best option... lots of people are going to get fired this year.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Looks official

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17564882/jared-goff-no-2-qb-los-angeles-rams-sunday

Top pick Jared Goff promoted to No. 2 QB for Rams
3:57 PM MT
  • i

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff received a small promotion Friday, proclaimed the backup quarterback for the highly anticipated Week 2 matchup against the Seattle Seahawks.

And yes, that qualifies as news around here.

Goff entered the regular season as the Los Angeles Rams' third-string quarterback and was inactive in the opener against the San Francisco 49ers, an eventual 28-0 loss on Monday Night Football. But Rams coach Jeff Fisher indicated beforehand that he would look to potentially rotate Goff and Sean Mannion as the backup to Case Keenum for Week 2, the home opener at Los Angeles Coliseum.

"He's really excited about it," Fisher said of Goff. "He's ready to play if anything happens. It's exciting for him, just knowing that he's a snap away from going in the game."

Fisher is undecided on whether he will continue to alternate Mannion and Goff as his backup in the coming weeks.

The Rams moved up 14 spots to take Goff with the first overall pick in the 2016 draft, then watched him struggle through four preseason games, going 22-of-49 with four turnovers and 4.7 yards per attempt. The 21-year-old took a handful of snaps with the first-team offense during Friday's practice at Cal Lutheran University.

"It's just prepare the same way every week," Goff said. "It can happen any time. Obviously I support Case, but anything can happen."

Keenum, undrafted despite a record-breaking collegiate career at Houston, struggled mightily at Levi's Stadium on Monday, going 17-for-35 for 130 yards and two interceptions while leading an offense that went 3-for-15 on third downs. Goff watched from the sideline in warm-ups that night and came away thinking the game moves "faster in the regular season, but it's still football."

Fisher has no plans to change his starting quarterback at the moment, so Goff will have to settle for the backup role.

It's an improvement nonetheless.

"I've been preparing the same way every week," Goff said, "like I'm going to play."

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Top pick Jared Goff promoted to No. 2 QB for Rams
Alden Gonzalez

[www.espn.com]

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff received a small promotion Friday, proclaimed the backup quarterback for the highly anticipated Week 2 matchup against the Seattle Seahawks.

And yes, that qualifies as news around here.

Goff entered the regular season as the Los Angeles Rams' third-string quarterback and was inactive in the opener against the San Francisco 49ers, an eventual 28-0 loss on Monday Night Football. But Rams coach Jeff Fisher indicated beforehand that he would look to potentially rotate Goff and Sean Mannion as the backup to Case Keenum for Week 2, the home opener at Los Angeles Coliseum.

"He's really excited about it," Fisher said of Goff. "He's ready to play if anything happens. It's exciting for him, just knowing that he's a snap away from going in the game."

Fisher is undecided on whether he will continue to alternate Mannion and Goff as his backup in the coming weeks.

The Rams moved up 14 spots to take Goff with the first overall pick in the 2016 draft, then watched him struggle through four preseason games, going 22-of-49 with four turnovers and 4.7 yards per attempt. The 21-year-old took a handful of snaps with the first-team offense during Friday's practice at Cal Lutheran University.

"It's just prepare the same way every week," Goff said. "It can happen any time. Obviously I support Case, but anything can happen."

Keenum, undrafted despite a record-breaking collegiate career at Houston, struggled mightily at Levi's Stadium on Monday, going 17-for-35 for 130 yards and two interceptions while leading an offense that went 3-for-15 on third downs. Goff watched from the sideline in warm-ups that night and came away thinking the game moves "faster in the regular season, but it's still football."

Fisher has no plans to change his starting quarterback at the moment, so Goff will have to settle for the backup role.

It's an improvement nonetheless.

"I've been preparing the same way every week," Goff said, "like I'm going to play."

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Can the moderators combine this with a prior hour and half old post?

Thanks.