Goff QB 2 on depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But I think Wentz has a better supporting cast.

he has a coaching staff that knows how to handle a young qb starting his first game. they allowed wentz to throw on 1st down 13 times. not the way the rams handled goff when he started the last preseason game - run, run, throw on 3rd and long. the absolute worst way to give your young qb some confidence. that better not be the plan when goff actually does get a start in the real games.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
he has a coaching staff that knows how to handle a young qb starting his first game. they allowed wentz to throw on 1st down 13 times. not the way the rams handled goff when he started the last preseason game - run, run, throw on 3rd and long. the absolute worst way to give your young qb some confidence. that better not be the plan when goff actually does get a start in the real games.

Yep.
I keep hearing that Goff will not start until 2017.
Of course all bets are off if we keep getting QB play like last Monday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not happy about it either but what a better way to start his career as a ram than for Keenum to put up zero points again in the first half and then Goff comes in and leads the team to victory in there first game back in LA. one can dream

I don't believe that will happen. Fisher is too stubborn.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Patience Young Grasshopper.

76c9ca8a811b486992c9089fe9b3f354.png
raf,750x1000,075,t,322e3f:696a94a5d4.u4.jpg

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Did the tarot cards tell Fisher this was the correct move or his Ouija board?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I bet there is a short leash for Keenum too.

I really doubt that...I kind of hope he (Keenum) gets a hangman on his throwing hand on his first snap and there is no option but Goff....I think he'll get abused by the Hag D, but we could at least get a look...Not a serous hangnail, one that was fine by happy hour

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What do people have against players earning things? I have no problem with the situation, knowing that it won't be long that Goff will be the clear, and far away #1 choice.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sean mannion's ready to go right now he is ready to go.
I like your enthusiasm about Mannion, I really do. However, I've never seen him complete a pass beyond eight yards in any game. Heck not even attempt one.

I saw what happened to Case last week when he threw eight yards or less. I hope Mannion proves me wrong, but I don't believe in doing the same thing twice and expecting different results. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While he might be, not sure why some think it's a given that he'll be better without taking a snap yet...I hope so, but if you think he can't be as bad is a bit out of touch with reality ...Of course he might set the league on it's ear right away...I just don't really see it yet...He won't be better holding a clip board though, I'm certain of that...
basically if keenum and quick never play for the Rams again I personally would not mind. they've both had opportunities. Goff / Mannion could not do any worse than last weeks performance (i use the world in the weakest sense) by the #1 ?? qb on the team. still would like to know why mannion didnt get a series or two. inexcusable considering the circumstances. its little things like that that are making it hard to take this team / FO seriously.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like your enthusiasm about Mannion, I really do. However, I've never seen him complete a pass beyond eight yards in any game. Heck not even attempt one.

I saw what happened to Case last week when he threw eight yards or less. I hope Mannion proves me wrong, but I don't believe in doing the same thing twice and expecting different results. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

He had plenty in the preseason about just as many as Goff

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I like Goff. When I graded a few of his college games he graded very well. The thing I liked most watching him in college was that he played well and was highly productive despite facing constant pressure. I don't think he was as bad in the pre-season as the media makes it out to be. The turnovers were kind of stupid unfortunate events more than they were indicative of Goff's abilities. I wrote about it here http://wiley16350.wixsite.com/blitz/single-post/2016/09/15/A-Positive-Look-at-Jared-Goff.
I blame mostly the verbiage in the WC system. I have never understood why it's so necessary to make play calling so "wordy". It's a damn tongue twister just trying to get it out. IMHO, it was slowing down his mental processing to get the play called and everyone lined up right. By the time of the snap, he is still confused himself

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
What do people have against players earning things? I have no problem with the situation, knowing that it won't be long that Goff will be the clear, and far away #1 choice.

I think this is why Fisher has lasted as long as he has. He knows how to keep the respect of the locker room and will protect the team from the media. He's very loyal, maybe a little too much. He goes about things in a proper way, just short on results. Then you see guys like Harbaugh and Kelly who can really coach, but might burn down the village doing it.

TexasRam

Legend
Which means we are one big hit away from seeing a real QB.

Time to do your thing GRob!
You know...that thing you do so well.