Goff INT against Cowboys - concerning?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Hey old man. I'm not the one who called and said he was coming up. I feel lied to. :cry:

Of course that doesn't mean I won't take you up on your offer. But I'd watch out for that @Selassie I dude. He snores something fierce. :tongue:

Guilty as charged.:cautious:

Snoring? Dueling banjos comes to mind. And y’all will be at the other end of the mansion. No problem.

October is a great month. Great weather. Can still swim

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Guilty as charged.:cautious:

Snoring? Dueling banjos comes to mind. And y’all will be at the other end of the mansion. No problem.

October is a great month. Great weather. Can still swim
Hurricane season in FL. Might be perfect timing.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If Mariota and Winston were afforded multiple shit years, Goff can be awared at least one given the fact he's been to a...you know...a Superbowl?

This ^^^ x 8 trillion.

Especially when he got us to that Super Bowl:

1) down 13-0
2) on the road in a very hostile environment
3) without his security blanket (Kupp)
4) with his #1 RB playing poorly, possibly due to playing through pain
5) Had to lead them down the field with less than 2 minutes for the tying FG to force overtime.

Man, some people have short memories.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who's arguing? I merely commended the expert analysis going on in here.
Lol my mistake. It sounded like you suggested that because QB is so hard to play, posters on the board can't possibly have an advanced level of knowledge on it. I'll exit stage left

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
17 TD's with 15 INT's should be concerning
That being said , I hope he lights up the Whiners for 400 yards and 3TD's

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I personally think it's the oline. We've seen this Goff before in his rookie season under a bad oline, and the line is literally the only thing that has changed. It went from first to almost worst in a season. So....using occams razor...

Disagree when Goff has time to throw & there are open players. That is on Goff

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Honestly, I think it's more on Goff. I mean, McVay is calling these plays, and there's wide open guys. Goff is the one who needs to execute at that point.

One thing The so Called Experts seem to forget with The Rams is the transition of Qb coach & OC !! Yes Mcvay calls the plays, but the week to week game planning changes.

2 Oc’s as NFL coaches says something??

Still Jared Goff is not going through his progression.

I’ll add on his play action run for a TD was crap !! Took a horrible angle that left Evans in a poor space to block & Goff is very slow.

Goff needs to work on his foot speed !! His first step has no power or get off !!

Goff to me was always a wasted pick !! With Case Keenum & Foles at QB it gave The Rams time to groom a QB ?? Ask me who ?? I don’t know ?? Just that when you have 2 solid Qb’s under excellent deals ?? Why give up draft picks ??

Greg Robinson was a gift that should have kept giving.A#2 pick overall for A #2 pick overall & boat load of draft picks ??

The Rams have drafted well, just hated not getting & keeping value.

Goff is the Man !! He is a competitor & a leader. He is also a winner. Is contract was more than I wish he got, but that goes to a lot of the contracts.

RamWoodie

Legend
One thing this season shows me about Goff is...HE HAS TO HANDLE PRESSURE BETTER, BE ABLE TO ANTICIPATE IT...AND BE READY TO USE HIS MOBILITY MORE TO TAKE OFF FROM THE POCKET.

I'm not sure what liberty he has to audible plays at the LOS...but he and McVay have to get together on that.

Lastly, how much time does Goff spend in the film room? For me...it's not enough. Perhaps he should get with Peyton Manning on the subject...IT CAN'T HURT!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
BTW - The OP has been banned because it was discovered that he was banned previously and joined back up under another name. In reading back through his GDT posts, it is quite obvious why he was banned when he was James Otto and now. I don't care if someone has a negative opinion of Goff or how he played in certain games. I will argue my case. No harm no foul. But going into the GDT and calling for coaches to get fired, calling players a POS, etc, etc, etc.... is going to get you yanked any time.

I fail to understand why people flip when Goff screws up. He just turned 25 a few months back, he's going to make mistakes. If he is still doing it 5 years from now I won't be happy about it but I'm not concerned at all that it will be happening.

The takeaway on this IMO is threefold.

Not retaining Saffold came back to bite them in the ass. Goff is young and is going to make mistakes. McVay has to do a better job of helping his QB work in a clean pocket. Draws and screens.......I know I have been saying it all season long but I'm right.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You have me very confused, my man.

Well , the question is why draft Goff ??? The Rams had 2 QB’s under contract. The Rams cut Nick Foles & he goes on to win a Super Bowl ?? The amount of draft picks that The Rams gave up was at what cost ???
— Then again you have rookie contracts that help the cap ?? It’s a math question I guess ??

As a Ram fan I have to live & die by Jared Goff !! He has a special treat about him.Him & Mcvay are the future basically ?????

Am I glad Jared Goff is a Ram ?? Heck yeah !!
Do I think the cost was worth it ??? Not sure ??? He is now on an extended contract.

I’m a believer he will give back to the franchise for the sake of the team. He is a we,not me guy. He will put all the pressure on his shoulders to do better

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You get a franchise QB when you can. Draft Picks are a craps shoot. Goff has been bad behind a Bad OL, and really good behind a really good OL; Like most Franchise QBs.

If we didn't move up and pick Goff #1 overall, we would have been in purgatory, picking around 15 -20 every year. Not good enough to make it to the playoffs, but not bad enough to have a crack at the top 1 or 2 QBs. There are a whole hell of a lot more Christian Ponder types then there are Pat Mahomes types in that 15-20 range. Every once in a while I go back and look at all of the first round QBs from the last 15 or 20 years. It is amazing how many flops there are. And I promise you every one of those guys was picked thinking they were a franchise QB.

I loved us trading up for Goff when we did. And he has shown that he can be very successful if you put a decent line in front of him.

I mean, do people really think he forgot how to play QB? Over and over I read, "I know the OL was trash this year, BUT....". or "We took him at #1,he should be good enough to do in with a bad OL..." or "I'm tired of the bad OL excuse..."

I have said it before, this year's Rams were a PLAY ACTION team with NO RUNNING GAME and BAD pass pro. The OL can't run block and for half the year couldn't pass protect at all. They have been better lately, but we have also been keeping extra guys in to help with protection.