Goff and Wentz thread v1.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
For those of us who lobbied hard for Goff, 2016 was rough.
2017 to 2037 will be great though

nighttrain

Legend
KOWALSKI said↑
"they will sign cousins next year and goff will be just another forgotten fisher bust."

Goff is no bust, and Cousins will play next year, just not for the Rams
train

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
And I think the the item that gets overlooked is that Wentz is nearly two years older than Goff. Wentz was a 5th yr. sr. at North Dakota while obviously Goff was a true jr. when he came out.

that 2.5 plus yr age differnce is big, Goff should physically mature more over the next two years.

And I also agree that Wentz's lack of deep accuracy and poor mechanics could be his downfall, but like said he might just be one of those guys that make 3-4 plays a game that makes his team tough, assuming the defense remains solid..... kind like Randall Cunningham

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO both QB's have showcased positives and Wentz has a WOW factor for making a single play and Goff is showcasing a WOW factor after the game is over, IMO, I'm feeling really good about our guy as I'm sure the people of Philadelphia feel about theirs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO both QB's have showcased positives and Wentz has a WOW factor for making a single play and Goff is showcasing a WOW factor after the game is over, IMO, I'm feeling really good about our guy as I'm sure the people of Philadelphia feel about theirs.

Den not everyone in Philly is feeling good about Wentz.

And people in LA are becoming less ambivalent towards Rams football in general, and Goff.

(y)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

man goff is starting to look exactly like the qb on tape before the draft. his poise in the pocket and his movement when he feels pressure was a pleasure to watch on tnf. plus his beautiful passes on the money.

the only reason to draft wentz would have been if the rams were gonna keep fisher around for another 10 years (shudders). goff's movement in the pocket in his college highlights put him way above wentz. the hardest thing for a qb to learn entering the nfl, goff had down pat. some never learn to have that kind of pocket presence.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Goff's accuracy and touch is something to watch. The pass to Gurley on Gurley's passing TD. Wow. I had to keep rewinding to watch that ball placement.

He puts that thing right into Gurley's hands and it has such touch on it that it is just a seamless transition of the ball.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Very early for sure. I wanted Goff based on things I saw him doing in college videos, and we are seeing those things now, this season. Especially Thursday night. I think Goff is the type of player or person that goes from zero to full comprehension without a lot of "learning" showing up or being visible from the outside, at least frmo the outside. In other words the light doesn't go on sooner for him than others, but it goes on suddenly. I think that's why he looked so bad at times last year. He didn't comprehend the task.

IMO there is a chance Wentz doesn't get better and his play ends up declining like we have seen with a lot of guys, especially QB's. I've never been sold on him. Last year a lot of posters were flipping out during the first 4 weeks when the Eagles were winning and Wentz was looking good and Goff was in sweat pants with a clip board. After some tape on Goff he was pretty below average to bad the rest of the year despite having weapons around him, a fantastic defense and a solid OL.

I remain convinced that the Rams made the smart choice. I tend to lean away from guys with Wentz's style of play. It doesn't seem to work well in the NFL long term.
Before the draft I started watching what college videos I could find.
I started out watching both.It didn't take long and I started watching
Goff only.

I don't get into comparing the two,I haven't watched enough Wentz to do so.
I just liked Goff's game more.Throwing those wobbly, ugly balls
with pin point accuracy and throwing guys open.He reminded me of Warner.

I also thought he really worked a pocket well.He did a good job of buying
time with subtle movement while keeping his eyes down the field.
We haven't seen a lot of that yet,but the more comfortable he becomes
the more it will show.

I guess my liking Goff more has to with personal preference.
I like the accurate QB over the big arm gun slinging type.
Give me the Montana,Warners' of the world over the Elway,
and Farvres'

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in the Philly area and see Wentz every week. I think for Fisher's style of play that Wentz was the better fit. The great thing about Goff is that he fits McVay style of play and it goes to how well Snead did with making sure the Rams drafted the more gifted QB not the one that fit a specific coaches (Fisher) style. I also think that both Goff and Wentz are talented QBs but when you look at their mechanics and play style I think Goff was the right pick at #1. 3 games into the McVay era and the bust chatter now sounds like crickets which is a sweet thing for us in the Philly area!

My God bro, Anthony Gargano pizzed me off so much Friday morning that I may never listen to the Fanatic again! He always does this promo for Anthony's Coal Fired Pizzas where they award a pizza to someone deserving in sports..mostly Philly athletes...Gargano's sidekick said "What about giving it Jared Goff or Todd Gurley" (after the Thurs Night game)...Gargano said that he wasn't giving the pizza to a Ram and he or someone else said under their breath something about a competition between Goff and Wentz.....and that's where the animosity comes from. Gargano has a national Weekend Show with an NFL'er, and all he does is to call Goff a Bust every chance that he gets. I had thought that once we all saw what he could do (Goff), these guys would be fair and say they were wrong...but no, they are invested in Goffs failure as much as Wentz's success. Screw them.

Scirca

Rookie
My God bro, Anthony Gargano pizzed me off so much Friday morning that I may never listen to the Fanatic again! He always does this promo for Anthony's Coal Fired Pizzas where they award a pizza to someone deserving in sports..mostly Philly athletes...Gargano's sidekick said "What about giving it Jared Goff or Todd Gurley" (after the Thurs Night game)...Gargano said that he wasn't giving the pizza to a Ram and he or someone else said under their breath something about a competition between Goff and Wentz.....and that's where the animosity comes from. Gargano has a national Weekend Show with an NFL'er, and all he does is to call Goff a Bust every chance that he gets. I had thought that once we all saw what he could do (Goff), these guys would be fair and say they were wrong...but no, they are invested in Goffs failure as much as Wentz's success. Screw them.

Just wait til the Goff vs Wentz Bowl December 10. And to be dead serious, the way this season is going, Wentz doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Goff. Just this season alone, Goff is up there with the Brady's, Brees, Rodgers of the world (if he can maintain that for the whole season he will be regarded as a top 5 QB in the NFL after one offseason). He isn't accurate, he is precise.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Unless he was banned and can't post, this was the last post by Kowalski on August 26th...lol

IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG

Ram65

Legend

I don't like Anthony Gargano. I listen but, usually in 5 minutes or less I flip stations. Depends who he has on. He is the biggest Wentz homer around, He admits it and everyone knows it.

Ram65

Legend
Wentz is hard to figure out. I don't know if his WR aren't open making him hold the ball. He got sacked before halftime when they went for it @the Giants 43 yard line on 4th down. He does make plays with his legs like a 3rd down conversion to setup their first TD. He threw a laser to setup the 61 yard game winning field goal. It traveled 31 yards in the air for 17 yard gain. He got lucky on a PI call on a deep pass that was off the mark. He got the win and that's what counts.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like Anthony Gargano. I listen but, usually in 5 minutes or less I flip stations. Depends who he has on. He is the biggest Wentz homer around, He admits it and everyone knows it.
Being a Wentz homer shouldn't blind a person to the play of others outside of your team players. That's normally true for Gargano, but not in this case.