Giants@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
You know Jrry there are a lot of things that can and do go wrong in a loss like today. I don't dispute what you say about the QB at all. But to me it goes deeper. 3 of those today were going to Tavon. Tavon had 14 targets for 57 measly yards....I cant help but wonder what would happen if those valuable targets were going to someone else. He scored a TD...got a few first downs too. But for the investement (not the money, but the investment in how much offense we try to force through him) we are not getting a return.

HE IS NOT THE RIGHT GUY, NEVER HAS BEEN.

Is it TAs fault that Keenum forced the ball into coverage, and was inaccurate? Did Boras tell Keenum to throw to TA even if its not there? Keenum needs to take responsibility for his part, maybe Keenum is forcing the ball to TA on his own by making his decision before he sees what his options are. With a taller QB there is a good chance those throws over the middle to TA are thrown with a downward trajectory so that if they arent caught by TA they deflect down not up. I do agree the ball has been forced to TA to often, but I believe it is more to do with the QBs decision making than the coaches dictating that CK force feed TA when other WRs are running wide open for big gains.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
This game was so winnable. We had over 100 more total yards than the Giants and our defense was able to handle them just fine even without Tru and Brockers. The 4 turnovers gutted us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying the other two interceptions were his fault, but more that a smallish receiver should never be thrown the ball anywhere over the middle if it is into double coverage. The issue is he is so small he has no ability to make those plays and certainly no ability to break them up if he has to. The route shouldn't be ran, but if you do, Keenum should never throw it if there is double coverage. Both of the other two picks intended for Austin were into double coverage over the middle.

That's something that should probably occur to the NFL QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My vent:

If this counted as a home game for us and therefore removed one of our true home games, why the FUCK do the Giants get one of the endzones painted with their team name on it?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This game was so winnable. We had over 100 more total yards than the Giants and our defense was able to handle them just fine even without Tru and Brockers. The 4 turnovers gutted us.

With average QB play the Rams win this game going away.

Maybe CK is keeping the games close because he is afraid that if Goff gets on the field in garbage time, Fisher wont be able to put Goff back on the bench.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Is it TAs fault that Keenum forced the ball into coverage, and was inaccurate? Did Boras tell Keenum to throw to TA even if its not there? Keenum needs to take responsibility for his part, maybe Keenum is forcing the ball to TA on his own by making his decision before he sees what his options are. With a taller QB there is a good chance those throws over the middle to TA are thrown with a downward trajectory so that if they arent caught by TA they deflect down not up. I do agree the ball has been forced to TA to often, but I believe it is more to do with the QBs decision making than the coaches dictating that CK force feed TA when other WRs are running wide open for big gains.

IMO, the pick 6 was 99% on Austin...In the NFL he has to catch that ball...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
53 pass attempts - 20 rushing attempts one of which was a QB scramble on a pass play.

…..

Legend

I think its because we are being conditioned to believe he's,a difference maker. Maybe the QB believes it too.

But in the big picture, I'm not even trying to apply "blame" here. I'm just looking at everything and believe we would be a much better team minus Tavon Austin.

Its just my opinion.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
IMO, the pick 6 was 99% on Austin...In the NFL he has to catch that ball...

But the QB does not have to force the ball into a covered WR over the middle when he has open WRs elsewhere. TA should have caught it, but it should not have been thrown.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think its because we are being conditioned to believe he's,a difference maker. Maybe the QB believes it too.

But in the big picture, I'm not even trying to apply "blame" here. I'm just looking at everything and believe we would be a much better team minus Tavon Austin.

Its just my opinion.

TA may be overpaid, but it is not his fault. He is a playmaker and DCs fear his ability, the Rams need to spread the ball around and let the plays come instead of trying to force them.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
So, Groh designs the passing plays, and Boras the running. The passing offense has grown leaps and bounds from last year, but the running game regressed...

Anyone up for promoting Groh in the offseason?

I mean, I see why Keenum forces so many passes and doesn't go through his reads. That's the offense that Fisher wanted (Adam Gase style). Keenum has to get better at presnap reads to run it effectively. I don't think that Gurleys regression is all on him. Very rarely do players of his caliber go from great, to borderline 2nd stringer in one offseason. It has to be play design. Remember, the playbook from last year wasn't Boras'.

…..

Legend
Two of those were bad decisions/throws to Tavon. The point of a NFL QB is the ability to decide when it is appropriate to throw to a WR.

I have a hard time seeing him live up to his contract. But Keenum killed our team today. Tavon's mistake hurt us. But we could have recovered if Keenum showed up to play.

Lets hope we find a balance where a recovery is not needed. That appears to not be possible with Keenum. Perhaps we'll see a time where Tavon is effectively used so that his talents have a chance to flourish. And yes, that begins with the QB and the decision making.

…..

Legend
TA may be overpaid, but it is not his fault. He is a playmaker and DCs fear his ability, the Rams need to spread the ball around and let the plays come instead of trying to force them.

Exactly!!!...and again let me state, I'm not talking at all about money.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I'm not upset or frustrated anymore. I just don't care. Give Fisher a ten-year extension so we can make the playoffs in 2035. I don't care.

Ellard80

Legend

Keenum had more bad plays then Tavon today.. but the pick six was on Tavon. He dropped the ball. Tavon is super fast but he can't catch the ball worth a shit. He is also is so small that it's hard to throw him the ball down the field.. hence why he averages less than 10 yards per catch for his career.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My vent .... I feel like I wasted my money and my ticket was free ;)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
You know Jrry there are a lot of things that can and do go wrong in a loss like today. I don't dispute what you say about the QB at all. But to me it goes deeper. 3 of those today were going to Tavon. Tavon had 14 targets for 57 measly yards....I cant help but wonder what would happen if those valuable targets were going to someone else. He scored a TD...got a few first downs too. But for the investement (not the money, but the investment in how much offense we try to force through him) we are not getting a return.

HE IS NOT THE RIGHT GUY, NEVER HAS BEEN.
But the QB makes the decision to throw the ball to the open guy. His choice to throw to Tevon into double coverage. There are other receivers running patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.