Giants@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Case Keenum is on pace for 18 TDs to 23 Ints. It's baffling that Fisher is so blind.
But than again if you are going to make a change at QB you don't announce it
in a post game interview.he did the same with foles last year.He wouldn't announce
a change without telling Keenum first.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he's sticking with Case Keenum, per Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com. "I'll make changes at receiver before I make a change at quarterback," Fisher said, per Rosenthal.
It's the Rams choice..I am done this season unless either Fisher is fired, or Goff starts. Why should any of us invest time, emotion, etc...for a Fisher team that doesn't respect the fan base enough to try something new like, starting our #1 Overall Pick? If they did, we might lose a ton of games, but at least we can look for hope in some part of Goff's developing game. If they fired Fisher, then I could expect the new guy, or interim guy, to get Goff in there anyway. FISHER WILL NEVER MAKE A WINNING TEAM, for us. EVER.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
It's the Rams choice..I am done this season unless either Fisher is fired, or Goff starts. Why should any of us invest time, emotion, etc...for a Fisher team that doesn't respect the fan base enough to try something new like, starting our #1 Overall Pick? If they did, we might lose a ton of games, but at least we can look for hope in some part of Goff's developing game. If they fired Fisher, then I could expect the new guy, or interim guy, to get Goff in there anyway. FISHER WILL NEVER MAKE A WINNING TEAM, for us. EVER.
But than again if you are going to make a change at QB you don't announce it
in a post game interview.he did the same with foles last year.He wouldn't announce
a change without telling Keenum first.

ram007

Starter
What game is a good over/under to talk about why Gurley is averaging 3 yards a game?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
What game is a good over/under to talk about why Gurley is averaging 3 yards a game?

Honestly, until this o-line starts making holes, Gurley will keep getting a pass almost indefinitely from me. It's the reality of the RB position.

All I do on Sunday is watch football. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say no o-line is creating less holes for their RB than the Rams. And it's so frustrating and angering to watch. Because every Sunday we get to watch Gurley run into brick wall after brick wall after investing tons of draft picks into the o-line. Meanwhile, seemingly every team full of patchwork, no-name lineman is creating at least the occasional gaping running lane. I don't think I've seen one huge hole all season from the Rams that Gurley could easily run through for 30+ yards. But they're happening every Sunday. Just not for our team.

The one exception might be Minnesota. Their o-line is struggling just roughly as much as ours to open running lanes. But that's not an o-line we want to be comparing ours to....

People keep saying Gurley needs to break more tackles, make more men miss, etc. That's true. But he honestly is doing and okay job of that. Whenever he is in space he is doing it. We have been seeing it when Gurley gets involved as a receiver - including today. The problem is we run Gurley almost exclusively up the gut. No RB in this league is making an entire pile of bodies miss. If we ran him outside more, then maybe we'd have more to complain about.

ram007

Starter
Honestly, until this o-line starts making holes, Gurley will keep getting a pass almost indefinitely from me. It's the reality of the RB position.

All I do on Sunday is watch football. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say no o-line is creating less holes for their RB than the Rams. And it's so frustrating and angering to watch. Because every Sunday we get to watch Gurley run into brick wall after brick wall after investing tons of draft picks into the o-line. Meanwhile, seemingly every team full of patchwork, no-name lineman is creating at least the occasional gaping running lane. I don't think I've seen one huge hole all season from the Rams that Gurley could easily run through for 30+ yards. But they're happening every Sunday. Just not for our team.

The one exception might be Minnesota. Their o-line is struggling just roughly as much as ours to open running lanes. But that's not an o-line we want to be comparing ours to....

People keep saying Gurley needs to break more tackles, make more men miss, etc. That's true. But he honestly is doing and okay job of that. Whenever he is in space he is doing it. We have been seeing it when Gurley gets involved as a receiver - including today. The problem is we run Gurley almost exclusively up the gut. No RB in this league is making an entire pile of bodies miss. If we ran him outside more, then maybe we'd have more to complain about.

It starts with o-line. no doubt.

Gurely looks like a forward power runner and doesn't seem to have the lateral cut quickness to avoid tacklers like Leveon Bell does during initial contact to side step them. may be he is not 100% healthy or in best conditioning shape like last year. I am watching Bell, right now, do some amazing things behind line of scrimmage. may be his line is good enough compared to Rams. do you think teams adjusted to Gurley after his first six games?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Watching Todd Haley coach up Pitt and Laundry Jones at QB... makes me want to vomit in my mouth...

Wtf. ...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
.freak me, I couldn't make it through 3 pages of this tripe. Woe is me, woe is me. As bad as case and fisher were today and pretty much every week, this thread is much worse.

I don't mind venting, that's why I was reading it. But when people complain about every single thing, over and over, in multiple posts about the team it's beyond venting, it's ramstalk.

Honestly not picking on you here but this is an opportunity to remind members of the purpose of this thread. It is to get as many negative posts contained in this one thread(except for name-calling of course) so it will minimize spill-over into other threads. Of course that happens anyway but we believe it helps, at least a little.

The mods here try to accentuate the positive but that becomes more and more difficult as each losing season passes by. It's kind of like this...

Sisyphus-Image-01C.jpg

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It starts with o-line. no doubt.

Gurely looks like a forward power runner and doesn't seem to have the lateral cut quickness to avoid tacklers like Leveon Bell does during initial contact to side step them. may be he is not 100% healthy or in best conditioning shape like last year. I am watching Bell, right now, do some amazing things behind line of scrimmage. may be his line is good enough compared to Rams. do you think teams adjusted to Gurley after his first six games?

Honestly I am starting to feel like excuses are becoming more prevalent. What are the differences of this years O line to last years...What are the major differences. Im not trying to be a Debbie Downer but wtf is up with Gurley???..

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After JPP essentially blew up the pocket. I get that JPP is a great player... but shouldn't our 2nd overall be great??
Everybody gets beaten. Orlando Pace was far from perfect. Kurt Warner threw bad passes. Bruce dropped balls so did Jerry Rice. Yet in the information age we're in we see every play in high def color and can rewind it a number of times and find pictures on the internet and post it for the world to see. Nothing has changed in the last 3 or 4 decades of football. Except the fans. Does that mean we shouldn't want the best? Hell no, but we're not always going to get it and now we demand it more and get it less.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Fisher believes in running the ball, developing young talent and playing good defense. If your failing at all 3 after 5 years, isnt it time to make a change? Funny...in less than 3 years, Mike Zimmer is doing what Fisher wants to do with a heck of a lot less tools (draft, cap). This is why a change must happen. A coach can turn a franchise rather quickly.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Fisher believes in running the ball, developing young talent and playing good defense. If your failing at all 3 after 5 years, isnt it time to make a change? Funny...in less than 3 years, Mike Zimmer is doing what Fisher wants to do with a heck of a lot less tools (draft, cap). This is why a change must happen. A coach can turn a franchise rather quickly.

Pretty hard to argue with this...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A coach can turn a franchise rather quickly.

In both directions, up or down. Don't want to go back to what we were prior to Fisher/Snead. Some say it can't get much worse. I disagree and submit Scott Linehan, Jim Haslett, and Steve Spagnuolo as exhibits. It could get much worse.

Towards the end of Mike Martz's tenure I had become totally sick of the whole thing, especially the drama. At that point I wanted change, no matter what. I was wrong.

If/when the Fisher/Snead duo get canned, it won't bother me all that much except for this nagging feeling that we could revert back to what were before as a team.

Ellard80

Legend

freak me, I couldn't make it through 3 pages of this tripe. Woe is me, woe is me. As bad as case and fisher were today and pretty much every week, this thread is much worse.

Look up the term displacement (as it pertains to psychology)

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
IMO, the next game will determine the fate for the rest of the season. We will see if they want to prove something or just cash it in.

I respect your post but ... it was THIS game that has already determined the fate of the rest of the season. :(

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In both directions, up or down. Don't want to go back to what we were prior to Fisher/Snead. Some say it can't get much worse. I disagree and submit Scott Linehan, Jim Haslett, and Steve Spagnuolo as exhibits. It could get much worse.

Towards the end of Mike Martz's tenure I had become totally sick of the whole thing, especially the drama. At that point I wanted change, no matter what. I was wrong.

If/when the Fisher/Snead duo get canned, it won't bother me all that much except for this nagging feeling that we could revert back to what were before as a team.

This is true to some extent. But what do we have to lose? We had something to lose with Martz. He brought us to the playoffs. He brought us to the Super Bowl. Fisher hasn't had a single winning season, much less leading us to the playoffs or the Super Bowl.

What are we relinquishing? Mediocre seasons. That's better than 2-14. But it's still not contending. I'm willing to risk being worse than a mediocre team for the reward of possibly contending.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What are we relinquishing? Mediocre seasons. That's better than 2-14. But it's still not contending. I'm willing to risk being worse than a mediocre team for the reward of possibly contending.
We could become Jaguars bad? :fighting: :snicker:

Status
Not open for further replies.