Get ready to see a lot more of Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Bradford may sign somewhere as a veteran backup, but his days as a starter are done, IMO

The Vikings can let Keenum sign elsewhere, likely get a nice compensatory pick, and return Teddy "Two-Gloves" Bridgewater to starting QB.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Where does Alex Smith end up? I was thinking he could end up in Arizona. Not sure if he is tradeable contract wise, but QBs make money and he had a great year so not sure why a team would not trade for him. I can't see the Chiefs wanting him to end up in Buffalo or Jacksonville or anywhere else in the AFC... so was thinking he could be a Cardinal.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where does Alex Smith end up? I was thinking he could end up in Arizona. Not sure if he is tradeable contract wise, but QBs make money and he had a great year so not sure why a team would not trade for him. I can't see the Chiefs wanting him to end up in Buffalo or Jacksonville or anywhere else in the AFC... so was thinking he could be a Cardinal.
Most of the teams that are most in need of a QB are in the AFC.- Den, Jax, Buf, Cle. In the NFC you have AZ and then potentially Min, NY, Was. With some decent free agents and so many possible first round QBs, the number of teams that are interested are going to shrink fast. The teams that go QB early will probably be off that list.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody pulling for Danny Amendola?

OK then :(
C'mon man...Danny has long forgotten about the Rams and has won a Super Bowl or two. We are pulling for underdogs, if any.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Vikings are the least objectionable team for me to win the SB.

Iggles fans are already insufferable, so no to them.

The Saints winning two SB's in their history? Just friggin no!

No to ANY AFC team on principle.

Let the Vikings win only one in their history. Unless, we could get a tie:bueller:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Doesn't matter who plays for zona next year. Rams will put them on ir. Its tradition.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
C'mon man...Danny has long forgotten about the Rams and has won a Super Bowl or two. We are pulling for underdogs, if any.
That sure as hell ain't the Vikings. That D. Damn.

OOC, why no to any AFC teams on principle? Wouldn't the Titans knocking off the mighty Patriots and winning a Super Bowl be, like, the ultimate underdog story?

Or the Jaguars going all the way with Bortles accumulating 335 yards passing in the entire postseason?

(God damn those two teams are going to get railroaded... there's like three actually legit teams in the AFC, and Mariota beat one by throwing TDs to himself last week)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That sure as hell ain't the Vikings. That D. Damn.

OOC, why no to any AFC teams on principle? Wouldn't the Titans knocking off the mighty Patriots and winning a Super Bowl be, like, the ultimate underdog story?

Or the Jaguars going all the way with Bortles accumulating 335 yards passing in the entire postseason?

(God damn those two teams are going to get railroaded... there's like three actually legit teams in the AFC, and Mariota beat one by throwing TDs to himself last week)
I was around during the merger..Never thought much of the AFL/AFC

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Had a low-key mancrush on Case Keenum back in his University of Houston days so I don't mind seeing him succeed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Had a low-key mancrush on Case Keenum back in his University of Houston days so I don't mind seeing him succeed.
I had a hard-on for him, so you lose.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Mike"Dumbass"Foolio never passes up an opportunity to slag on Jeff Fisher and the Rams.
**************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/12/case-keenum-is-hardly-a-flash-in-the-pan/

Case Keenum is hardly a flash in the pan
Posted by Mike Foolio on January 12, 2018

Many see parallels between the emergence of Case Keenum in 2017 and the rise of Kurt Warner in 1999. But there’s an important difference between the two players.

Hahahahahah..........many?..........Kurt Warner comparison?......Hahahahahaha

When Warner was meandering through football leagues other than the NFL, gaining experience and preparing for what was to come with the Rams, Keenum was playing in the NFL — and not playing nearly as poorly as some believe.

He had 24 NFL regular-season starts before replacing Sam Bradford in September. Keenum finished the 2015 season with the Rams by winning three of four games, and he started the 2016 season (after the move to L.A.) by winning three of four games, even though the Rams didn’t have much of an offensive line or much of a receiving corps.

Before this season, Keenum had five games with a passer rating in excess of 100. (He has added eight of them in 2017.)

Always an afterthought or second fiddle, Keenum never has gotten the keys to the car. Even in Minnesota, there’s a nagging sense that it’s all temporary, that an asterisk appears next to the name on the back of the jersey.

It likely won’t be that way next year. Wherever he ends up, he’ll likely end up the starter, having the chance to build on what he was doing with the Rams and Jeff Fisher, without a No. 1 overall draft pick who is destined to bounce him to the bench, and what Keenum has been doing in Minnesota with the Vikings and Mike Zimmer/Pat Shurmur.

Think about this for a second — Keenum had a 6-2 stretch with the Rams over eight games that spanned the end of the 2015 season, a move to L.A., and the start of the 2016 season.

While the Rams were determined to make a move for a young franchise quarterback, maybe they’d be as good if not better right now if they’d shown faith in Keenum, and if they’d given him a chance to grow, develop, win.

giphy.gif

A “short” quarterback at six-one (many of us would love to be that short), Keenum has, as one source put it, an innate sense at seeing the field no matter where he is. Keenum also has the mobility to buy time until a receiver pops wide open, and he has a knack for finding the wide-open receiver, wherever he is.

He has won showdowns this year — in consecutive weeks — against the likes of Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, and Matt Ryan. The next test comes against a Super Bowl winner in Drew Brees.

Maybe if Keenum beats sure-fire, first-ballot Hall of Famer Drew Brees, people will start to believe. Maybe not. Maybe people will believe only if he’s hoisting a silver trophy in three weeks and two days.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Vikings can let Keenum sign elsewhere, likely get a nice compensatory pick, and return Teddy "Two-Gloves" Bridgewater to starting QB.

It would be a mistake to do that. CK can play, and he is a better QB than TB so why settle for the guy that is the lesser of the two?

It's hard to believe they gave up 42 points and 536 yards and didn't get beaten by 3 scores.

I have to wonder if Tomlin is on a seat that is starting to get warm.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I have to wonder if Tomlin is on a seat that is starting to get warm.
The fans are demanding but that's not how Pittsburgh does it.
They'll do what they always do reload scout their ass off try to out draft everybody and try to pick up some good free agents.