Get ready to see a lot more of Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I guess duck hunting season is being extended a week.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let’s see how the Keenum moon balls work out in windy15 degree Philly

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The Vikings would be crazy to cut Keenum - the dude has earned his starting spot and he has chemistry with his WRs. Pay the man what he deserves. I really don't get the hate that Keenum seems to get, he's as good as the next QB, better than some, but it doesn't change the fact that the man knows HOW to win games and that's what counts at the end of the day. He's not a 'big name' QB like a 'Bradford' or a 'Bridgewater' but he's a tough cookie that can stay on the field. out of those 3 guys he'd be my started, I'd be constantly worrying about which week the other guys are going to go down.

Like it or not Fisher was right, Case is a QB that is capable of taking a team to the playoffs.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I really don't get the hate (for) Keenum
Some people tried to blame all of the Rams problems on Keenum.

Because the quarterback handles the ball on every offensive play and runs the offense, a lot of the breakdowns of plays can be put on that player.

Rather than blame the whole team or the coaching staff or the whole offense, the wide receivers, the running backs and the offensive lineman you can just (lazily) oncentrate all of your hate/blame on the quarterback.

Keenum proved that they were wrong.
Instead of admitting they were wrong, they would rather stick to their guns and make statements like;
"He's not worthy".
"He got lucky".
"He will revert back to his old form"
"Excetera, excetera, excetera...blah, blah, blah".

I simply see the same quarterback we had on our team.
However he's surrounded by better players, a more cohesive offense that is used to playing together and an offense that is molded around his skill-set.
Which, by the way, is how every successful quarterback becomes successful.

Go Case!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Some people tried to blame all of the Rams problems on Keenum.

Because the quarterback handles the ball on every offensive play and runs the offense, a lot of the breakdowns of plays can be put on that player.

Rather than blame the whole team or the coaching staff or the whole offense, the wide receivers, the running backs and the offensive lineman you can just (lazily) oncentrate all of your hate/blame on the quarterback.

Keenum proved that they were wrong.
Instead of admitting they were wrong, they would rather stick to their guns and make statements like;
"He's not worthy".
"He got lucky".
"He will revert back to his old form"
"Excetera, excetera, excetera...blah, blah, blah".

I simply see the same quarterback we had on our team.
However he's surrounded by better players, a more cohesive offense that is used to playing together and an offense that is molded around his skill-set.
Which, by the way, is how every successful quarterback becomes successful.

Go Case!
Yep I guess you're right, it was much easier to blame the guy. I'll never understand why people don't get that you can make a player great if he's in the right system - I really don't think that Rodgers would have been much better in a Rams uniform last year. We had no identity on offense. The good thing about McVay is that he has given us an identity, he seems to have a QB that fits the system he's plugged in and he has brought WRs in that fit that said system.

Always thought Case had that extra bit of dog in him that could be a decider in some matches... that dog came out late in the 4th on the weekend.

I'll stand by a tweet I did earlier in the year - the MVP is between Gurley and Keenum, if anyone else gets it, I'll be disappointed and disgusted.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
They cant cut him, he's only under contract this season
I meant cut as in cut-and-run, cut ties with, not cut him from the team - apologies for not being clear on that one. I'm just saying that he's earned to keep his place as the starting QB on that team, if he's shipped off to somewhere else, it would be ridiculous IMHO.

If you start Bradford (and I loved Sammy and his crazy "Look at me some I'm throwing the ball really far to that little man" face) you have to constantly wonder - when's he going to get injured. The same now goes for Bridgewater.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I meant cut as in cut-and-run, cut ties with, not cut him from the team - apologies for not being clear on that one. I'm just saying that he's earned to keep his place as the starting QB on that team, if he's shipped off to somewhere else, it would be ridiculous IMHO.

If you start Bradford (and I loved Sammy and his crazy "Look at me some I'm throwing the ball really far to that little man" face) you have to constantly wonder - when's he going to get injured. The same now goes for Bridgewater.
They'll bring Keenum back for sure, the question is will they need to franchise him to do it. Would have to figure a guy like him who appears to be so down to earth and happy to be there, would take a 3-4 year deal in a minute. Cant imagine he'd want to go learn another playbook and start over again.
That said, if I'm Minnesota, I still draft a QB because I cant see Keenum style of play have long term success

Ram65

Legend
Let’s see how the Keenum moon balls work out in windy15 degree Philly

Looks like a weather change. It's a late 6:40 start. Should be in the mid 40s with low wind around 5 MPH. That's a big break for Case and Nick too.

Kenuum should stay with Vikings and take a good deal but, not go to the highest bidder. It's a great spot for him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Who would you rather have as the Rams second string quarterback?

Keenum?
Foles?
Mannion?
:D