Georgia Fan on Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
A lot of us realize he's a great player but just worry about the knee. You have to understand why we'd be hesitant about bad knees.

If you could tell me he'd get back to 100% and not have any more issues with it, I'd be extremely happy with the pick.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thank you. I agree on all points. Guys fall off of him like he greased up. He's fast, he's powerful, he's special. Love, love, love the pick.
Hershell Walker is exactly what I was thinking after we made tihs pick. I'm so excited about this selection. didn't see it coming, but am ecstatic.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think, also, people haven't considered that if this new o line does what they were drafted to do, TM can carry the rock until Gurley is ready and be damn effective. This is exactly what he needed too! And Cunningham and maybe even Watts. The lack of need is a plus and what allowed us to take the risk.

jap

Legend
I think, also, people haven't considered that if this new o line does what they were drafted to do, TM can carry the rock until Gurley is ready and be damn effective. This is exactly what he needed too! And Cunningham and maybe even Watts. The lack of need is a plus and what allowed us to take the risk.

Imagine having TG as our kick returner combined with Tavon as our punt returner! Can we all say "an embarrassment of riches!"?

paceram

Pro Bowler
Imagine having TG as our kick returner combined with Tavon as our punt returner! Can we all say "an embarrassment of riches!"?

It might just be me but I sincerely hope Gurley never returns Kickoffs (Or, Punts) for the Rams! I am worried enough about his knee as it is without watching him return kickoffs!

jap

Legend
It might just be me but I sincerely hope Gurley never returns Kickoffs (Or, Punts) for the Rams! I am worried enough about his knee as it is without watching him return kickoffs!

I do not imagine he will do it very long. However, just as Marshall (as a Colt) and SJ returned kicks, I could see TG doing the same until he graduates to starter status. Of course, the condition of his knee has to taken into account, but this is an experienced KR guy.

RamzFanz

Damnit

It is! And, again, it's not an immediate need with Cunningham returning so well, so that's a plus.

jap

Legend
It is! And, again, it's not an immediate need with Cunningham returning so well, so that's a plus.

TG has much more speed than Benny. Where Benny gets run down from behind, TG can take it all the way to paydirt!

DawgFather

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of us realize he's a great player but just worry about the knee. You have to understand why we'd be hesitant about bad knees.

If you could tell me he'd get back to 100% and not have any more issues with it, I'd be extremely happy with the pick.

Totally understand that, Our best WR for our team hasnt been healthy since his freshman year and even had to take a redshirt and now is a redshirt senior. So i totally understand the injury concerns, Thats why i said IF he comes back to 100% then you guys got the best player in the draft. Like some analysts have said, the RB position isnt dead but there just hasnt been the Superstar RBs lately. Nothing sucks more for a defense than a power running game that you cant stop.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Totally understand that, Our best WR for our team hasnt been healthy since his freshman year and even had to take a redshirt and now is a redshirt senior. So i totally understand the injury concerns, Thats why i said IF he comes back to 100% then you guys got the best player in the draft. Like some analysts have said, the RB position isnt dead but there just hasnt been the Superstar RBs lately. Nothing sucks more for a defense than a power running game that you cant stop.

Another plus for Gurley...when UGA's entire receiving corps basically got hurt in 2013, Gurley was the leading receiver on the team for like four of the last 5 games. Was getting around 80 receiving yards a game to end that year. Great in the screen game, great out of the backfield.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, you can't say that about anyone, really....Yet, like "X" says, Frank Gore had two knee surgeries in college and look at the career he has had.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well, you can't say that about anyone, really....Yet, like "X" says, Frank Gore had two knee surgeries in college and look at the career he has had.
The question doesn't need to be asked for most picks. The question/statement that you can say for anyone is that you hope they don't get injured. I'm asking them to get back to full ability and then not be prone to the same injury again. I don't have to ask that for any of our other picks and they were taken lower.

A55VA6

Legend
I thought i would check out the Rams fan's thoughts on Gurley. I am the farthest thing from a "homer" fan eventhough i love UGA but never have picked them to win it all just so you know i am not just being a "fan". But i wanted to give my thoughts on Gurley as i have watched every single snap he has taken in college.

In his freshman year, i remember texting my buddy saying he is better than AJ Green as a player (yes a different position) and that is when Green just went #4 in the draft and the #1 WR in the draft. I am 37 years old and he is the best player i have seen in my lifetime (too young to remember Herschel Walker playing) and we have had a ton of 1st round draft picks. Fisher wasnt wrong when he said this type of player comes along once in a decade, LT said something like Gurley is the best in his generation. I dont think a lot of Ram's fans realize how rare he is. In practice his true freshman year, we had a ridiculous amount of defensive talent and pretty sure more defensive draft picks then any team that year (something like 7 defensive draft picks in one year)...... he couldnt be stopped before he even played a game his freshman year in fall camp. He was going for like 10 ypc against 1st round draft picks and tons of NFL players. He has the 6th fastest hurdling time in the history of the UGA track team, was on the world youth hurdling team. He raced Chris Conley before in practice and beat him while at UGA, Conley ran a 4.35 at the combine. Also nobody was more powerful than him in College either, would break tackles like he was playing with little kids.

A lot of his highlights are of him as a true freshman and he played on a really bad sprain ankled most of his sophmore year. Only played 5 games his junior year (so not as many highlights of him as a junior) and is still only 20 years old. Gurley is "rare" not elite but "rare" as long as he comes back from his ACL injury 100%.

Again, i am not just trying to be a UGA fan saying my guy is the best, i have never once posted on an NFL forum in my life but i saw many Ram fans 2nd guessing it cause they wanted an OL so wanted to give my input. Good luck to you guys in your season.

Enjoy these gifs too :)

giphy.gif

i7z6TDQwXEozQ.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ncl3ytvbmd1tfn5tro1_500.gif

bhrop.gif

Hey DawgFather, thanks for posting! Those gifs are pretty sweet, especially that last one!

I'm a huge fan of Gurley and extremely excited for the future. I think he fits exactly what the Rams want to do in the power run game. Great combination of size, speed, and power. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders as well. Maybe he can be the next great Rams RB!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That third gif. So much raw power
Holy crap that third gif was awesome. I don't think I can even remember Steven Jackson or Bettis doing anything like that and they were the most powerful runners I ever saw

FRO

Legend
Our offense has zero elite players on it. If Gurley stays healthy he will be elite. Excellent pick by the Rams.

DawgFather

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey DawgFather, thanks for posting! Those gifs are pretty sweet, especially that last one!

I'm a huge fan of Gurley and extremely excited for the future. I think he fits exactly what the Rams want to do in the power run game. Great combination of size, speed, and power. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders as well. Maybe he can be the next great Rams RB!

Np man, Gotta say, he isnt really a media type of guy either but i think he has done better with it recently. Not his thing so some of his past interviews were kinda like Marshawn Lynch in some interviews lol. All Gurley wants to do is strap it up and play ball.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Thanks for posting man. I was one of the ones screaming for olinemen, but you can bet your ass I will be screaming for him inside of the dome Sept 13th.

Out running Earl Thomas for an 80 yard TD on the 1st play would be nice. See if you can make that happen. :D(y)

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Another plus for Gurley...when UGA's entire receiving corps basically got hurt in 2013, Gurley was the leading receiver on the team for like four of the last 5 games. Was getting around 80 receiving yards a game to end that year. Great in the screen game, great out of the backfield.
I can see why they didnt go wr, as with TD they kinda got both wr and rb :)

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome to @DawgFather, @Spider2YB, and @SpeedR@m. Here's to many more posts in the future. (y)

Based on those gif's, put some goggles on Gurley and it reminds me of the reckless abandon of Eric Dickerson. :rockon:

he reminds me of Eric Dickerson because he's so smooth running with seemingly little effort and then 20 , 30 yards later the db's still arent gaining. the play with the helmet pulled off shows how tough it must be to bring him down.