Georgia Fan on Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DawgFather

UDFA
I thought i would check out the Rams fan's thoughts on Gurley. I am the farthest thing from a "homer" fan eventhough i love UGA but never have picked them to win it all just so you know i am not just being a "fan". But i wanted to give my thoughts on Gurley as i have watched every single snap he has taken in college.

In his freshman year, i remember texting my buddy saying he is better than AJ Green as a player (yes a different position) and that is when Green just went #4 in the draft and the #1 WR in the draft. I am 37 years old and he is the best player i have seen in my lifetime (too young to remember Herschel Walker playing) and we have had a ton of 1st round draft picks. Fisher wasnt wrong when he said this type of player comes along once in a decade, LT said something like Gurley is the best in his generation. I dont think a lot of Ram's fans realize how rare he is. In practice his true freshman year, we had a ridiculous amount of defensive talent and pretty sure more defensive draft picks then any team that year (something like 7 defensive draft picks in one year)...... he couldnt be stopped before he even played a game his freshman year in fall camp. He was going for like 10 ypc against 1st round draft picks and tons of NFL players. He has the 6th fastest hurdling time in the history of the UGA track team, was on the world youth hurdling team. He raced Chris Conley before in practice and beat him while at UGA, Conley ran a 4.35 at the combine. Also nobody was more powerful than him in College either, would break tackles like he was playing with little kids.

A lot of his highlights are of him as a true freshman and he played on a really bad sprain ankled most of his sophmore year. Only played 5 games his junior year (so not as many highlights of him as a junior) and is still only 20 years old. Gurley is "rare" not elite but "rare" as long as he comes back from his ACL injury 100%.

Again, i am not just trying to be a UGA fan saying my guy is the best, i have never once posted on an NFL forum in my life but i saw many Ram fans 2nd guessing it cause they wanted an OL so wanted to give my input. Good luck to you guys in your season.

Enjoy these gifs too :)

giphy.gif

i7z6TDQwXEozQ.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ncl3ytvbmd1tfn5tro1_500.gif

bhrop.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thank you. I agree on all points. Guys fall off of him like he greased up. He's fast, he's powerful, he's special. Love, love, love the pick.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Fellow Georgia fan here.

There have been some really good players roll through Athens in the Mark Richt era. Matt Stafford, AJ Green, Thomas Davis, Justin Houston to name a quick few. Gurley is the best out of all of them. Not just from a physical standpoint but from a competitive standpoint as well. He plays his best in the biggest games and against the best competition.

Also he's only 20, and the youngest player in the entire draft.

Speedr@m

Rookie
Only a moron would question thus guys physical ability.... The only issue I have with this pick is the Rams have rbs and some talented ones already.

Here's to hoping Gurley is Chris 2K, Adrian Peterson, Jamal Charles special

Also on the other side of this....the Rams could have one if the most powerful and varied rushing attacks in the NFL especially when you factor in Tavon Austin

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Only a moron would question thus guys physical ability.... The only issue I have with this pick is the Rams have rbs and some talented ones already.

Here's to hoping Gurley is Chris 2K, Adrian Peterson, Jamal Charles special

Also on the other side of this....the Rams could have one if the most powerful and varied rushing attacks in the NFL especially when you factor in Tavon Austin

Like Coach Fish says, when you get a chance to pick a rare player like Gurley, you take him. We didn't need a DT when we took Donald. We didn't need a DE when we took Quinn.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we get the ball into the hands of our playmakers, INCLUDING Mason and Tavon (Stacey can go kick rocks afaic). Gurley just makes the team and everyone on it better.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He has Arian Foster's vision, and Adrian Peterson's power. No joke.

Another player comp that just hit me. Gayle Sayers.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks OP....I find power running beautiful, which isn't how most feel...I cheer over 6 yard runs in front of my TV..I get up and scream with a 20 yard plus run...This makes me a sick puppy..:welcome:

paceram

Pro Bowler
I thought i would check out the Rams fan's thoughts on Gurley. I am the farthest thing from a "homer" fan eventhough i love UGA but never have picked them to win it all just so you know i am not just being a "fan". But i wanted to give my thoughts on Gurley as i have watched every single snap he has taken in college.

In his freshman year, i remember texting my buddy saying he is better than AJ Green as a player (yes a different position) and that is when Green just went #4 in the draft and the #1 WR in the draft. I am 37 years old and he is the best player i have seen in my lifetime (too young to remember Herschel Walker playing) and we have had a ton of 1st round draft picks. Fisher wasnt wrong when he said this type of player comes along once in a decade, LT said something like Gurley is the best in his generation. I dont think a lot of Ram's fans realize how rare he is. In practice his true freshman year, we had a ridiculous amount of defensive talent and pretty sure more defensive draft picks then any team that year (something like 7 defensive draft picks in one year)...... he couldnt be stopped before he even played a game his freshman year in fall camp. He was going for like 10 ypc against 1st round draft picks and tons of NFL players. He has the 6th fastest hurdling time in the history of the UGA track team, was on the world youth hurdling team. He raced Chris Conley before in practice and beat him while at UGA, Conley ran a 4.35 at the combine. Also nobody was more powerful than him in College either, would break tackles like he was playing with little kids.

A lot of his highlights are of him as a true freshman and he played on a really bad sprain ankled most of his sophmore year. Only played 5 games his junior year (so not as many highlights of him as a junior) and is still only 20 years old. Gurley is "rare" not elite but "rare" as long as he comes back from his ACL injury 100%.

Again, i am not just trying to be a UGA fan saying my guy is the best, i have never once posted on an NFL forum in my life but i saw many Ram fans 2nd guessing it cause they wanted an OL so wanted to give my input. Good luck to you guys in your season.

Enjoy these gifs too :)

giphy.gif

i7z6TDQwXEozQ.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ncl3ytvbmd1tfn5tro1_500.gif

bhrop.gif

Great Clips and Information! Thanks for sharing these with us!!!

I hope Gurley is a Healthy Ram for many, many seasons!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't think many, if any, rams fans are questioning his talent. We are just so damn thirsty for a playoff run, some don't like that he may not start week 1 and is a higher risk in a position where we have talent.

Not me. I love this pick and that they are building the o line around him. The gamble is well worth it.