GDT: Seahawks@49ers - featuring Sammy Hagar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
And just think .. .after tonight ... one of these teams will be a game up on us .... for how long is yet to be determined, but I hate that thought!!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
BTW ... I saw Sammy H. twice. once in Reno back in my H.S. yrs ('81) and once in Cabo at the Cabo Wabo ('97). Guy knows how to Rock. And his new band is pairing him with many greats. Michael Anthony (Van Halen) and Jason Bonham (John Bonham's kid) is quite the mesh of legendary rock music.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And just think .. .after tonight ... one of these teams will be a game up on us .... for how long is yet to be determined, but I hate that thought!!

Both teams are 2-4 so after this game, barring a tie, one will be 2-5 and the other will be 3-4. After we beat the Browns on Sunday we will be 3-3 and a half game ahead of whoever that team is. :yess:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/23/s...-seattle-seahawks-at-san-francisco-49ers.html

Thursday Night Football: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers
By BRETT MICHAEL DYKES/OCT. 22, 2015

Seahawks (2-4) at 49ers (2-4)

8:25 p.m. Eastern (Thursday)

Line: Seahawks by 6

The Seahawks and the 49ers have dominated the N.F.C. West in recent years, but the two teams enter this Thursday night matchup tied for last place in the division. The 49ers, however, were not expected to be very good this season. The same cannot be said for the Seahawks, who were expected to contend for a spot in the Super Bowl.

And just when it looked as though the Seahawks might be on the verge of getting their swagger back, the team’s vaunted Legion of Boom defense blew a fourth-quarter lead at home to the Panthers. With the Seahawks up, 23-14, late in the game — after holding a 20-7 lead at one point — Cam Newton led two 80-yard drives for touchdowns to keep the Panthers undefeated and send the Seahawks on a desperate search for answers.

“I know you guys don’t want to hear it, but we have six games we should have won, and we know that,” Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll told the news media after the game. “It’s not what happened, it’s how we’re going to handle it. We’ll find out.”

(Carroll this week also dismissed rumors that he might leave Seattle to return to coach Southern Cal again: “That’s not happening,” he said when asked about the rumors.)

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, Colin Kaepernick has rebounded from a disastrous start to the season and is beginning to resemble the quarterback that took the team to the Super Bowl in 2013. Worth noting in regard to Kaepernick’s improved performance: He has taken many more snaps under center in the past two weeks than he did in Weeks 1 to 4, when he sat back in the shotgun the majority of the time. Observers of the team believe this is allowing him to get the ball out quicker, while also giving him better looks at opposing defenses.

That said, the Seahawks’ defensive units have tormented Kaepernick in his time in the N.F.L. In six starts against Seattle, Kaepernick has thrown nine interceptions and lost two fumbles, while throwing only three touchdown passes and accumulating a dismal 54.1 passer rating. A loss by Seattle in this one will put it at 2-5 on the season and 0-2 in the division, making any shot at a playoff berth increasingly improbable.

PICK: SEAHAWKS

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Both teams are 2-4 so after this game, barring a tie, one will be 2-5 and the other will be 3-4. After we beat the Browns on Sunday we will be 3-3 and a half game ahead of whoever that team is. :yess:

Yes .. .and that is my hope as well but ... the fact is ... one WILL have the upper hand for at least a couple days :mad::boxing::pillowfight::argue::deadhorse:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Before the game starts a little music talk. :rockon: Saw Ronnie Montrose during the mid-seventies when he opened for AC/DC with Bon Scott in San Jose, CA. The first song Ronnie did was Town Without Pity. Sent a couple of emails back and forth with him(fan to guitar idol thing-no restraining order was ever issued). :shades: Unfortunately he succumbed to a lethal alcohol/depression mix and ended it all.

Yeah, unfortunate indeed. That kind of thing happens all the time but we typically only hear the stories of those with some notoriety. Alcohol and depression are difficult enough to deal with on their own, but in combination, it definitely can be lethal. Alcohol and/or depression takes whatever they/it can. There's no selectivity. You've got to be careful with those things. They can get you before you know it and have you believing that you're just fine. I remember hearing something along the lines of Montrose's BAC being .3+ at the time of his death. I'd think that level of intoxication would leave any rational thought well behind in the distance. It's really a shame...

I was fortunate enough to see Montrose 6 or 7 times over the years, either in Santa Cruz or somewhere in the SF Bay Area. Thank you Ronnie for those opportunities! RIP Ronnie...

RedRam

Pro Bowler
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/23/s...-seattle-seahawks-at-san-francisco-49ers.html

Thursday Night Football: Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers
By BRETT MICHAEL DYKES/OCT. 22, 2015

Seahawks (2-4) at 49ers (2-4)

8:25 p.m. Eastern (Thursday)

Line: Seahawks by 6

The Seahawks and the 49ers have dominated the N.F.C. West in recent years, but the two teams enter this Thursday night matchup tied for last place in the division. The 49ers, however, were not expected to be very good this season. The same cannot be said for the Seahawks, who were expected to contend for a spot in the Super Bowl.

And just when it looked as though the Seahawks might be on the verge of getting their swagger back, the team’s vaunted Legion of Boom defense blew a fourth-quarter lead at home to the Panthers. With the Seahawks up, 23-14, late in the game — after holding a 20-7 lead at one point — Cam Newton led two 80-yard drives for touchdowns to keep the Panthers undefeated and send the Seahawks on a desperate search for answers.

“I know you guys don’t want to hear it, but we have six games we should have won, and we know that,” Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll told the news media after the game. “It’s not what happened, it’s how we’re going to handle it. We’ll find out.”

(Carroll this week also dismissed rumors that he might leave Seattle to return to coach Southern Cal again: “That’s not happening,” he said when asked about the rumors.)

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, Colin Kaepernick has rebounded from a disastrous start to the season and is beginning to resemble the quarterback that took the team to the Super Bowl in 2013. Worth noting in regard to Kaepernick’s improved performance: He has taken many more snaps under center in the past two weeks than he did in Weeks 1 to 4, when he sat back in the shotgun the majority of the time. Observers of the team believe this is allowing him to get the ball out quicker, while also giving him better looks at opposing defenses.

That said, the Seahawks’ defensive units have tormented Kaepernick in his time in the N.F.L. In six starts against Seattle, Kaepernick has thrown nine interceptions and lost two fumbles, while throwing only three touchdown passes and accumulating a dismal 54.1 passer rating. A loss by Seattle in this one will put it at 2-5 on the season and 0-2 in the division, making any shot at a playoff berth increasingly improbable.

PICK: SEAHAWKS

I hope these two teams beat the living :poop: out of each other! :boxing::boxing:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope they both kick the Living :poop: out of each other and both have a bunch of 3rd stringers in by the end of the game! final score, in OT, 6-3! Who Won!? ..Who cares!!!

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I hope they both kick the Living :poop: out of each other and both have a bunch of 3rd stringers in by the end of the game! final score, in OT, 6-3! Who Won!? ..Who cares!!!

Who won? Well, if it plays out like we hope...we win! :yess:

Simi eh? I'm right around the corner (@ work) in Chatsworth.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I tried to think about rooting for either of these "teams"...I had to take dramamine...I guess I'll hope the outcome is the best possible for the Rams...Yeah, that's the ticket !!! BTW. I wouldn't mind seeing this be a VERY physical game...Never wish for injuries, but wouldn't mind both teams putting a little hurt on the other...OK, here it goes...We'll see...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, unfortunate indeed. That kind of thing happens all the time but we typically only hear the stories of those with some notoriety. Alcohol and depression are difficult enough to deal with on their own, but in combination, it definitely can be lethal. Alcohol and/or depression takes whatever they/it can. There's no selectivity. You've got to be careful with those things. They can get you before you know it and have you believing that you're just fine. I remember hearing something along the lines of Montrose's BAC being .3+ at the time of his death. I'd think that level of intoxication would leave any rational thought well behind in the distance. It's really a shame...

I was fortunate enough to see Montrose 6 or 7 times over the years, either in Santa Cruz or somewhere in the SF Bay Area. Thank you Ronnie for those opportunities! RIP Ronnie...

Did you ever get to see shows at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz? Drinking booze, which is itself a depressant, is a bad idea when one is already deeply depressed.

Watching the 49ers it's a wonder they have two wins already. What an inept team. Jim Harbaugh may indeed be a jerk but this never would have happened with him as head coach. I feel sorry for Tomsula. He's a decent guy from what I've heard.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This game is basically over. If we don't beat the 49ers I'll be very upset. They look like the worst team in the NFL.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I hate watching these two shitbags go at it. There is virtually no good that can come of watching it. Whoever wins I lose.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Did you ever get to see shows at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz? Drinking booze, which is itself a depressant, is a bad idea when one is already deeply depressed.

Watching the 49ers it's a wonder they have two wins already. What an inept team. Jim Harbaugh may indeed be a jerk but this never would have happened with him as head coach. I feel sorry for Tomsula. He's a decent guy from what I've heard.

Oh yeah, I've seen quite a few shows at the Catalyst. I even remember some of them! :whistle: The last one I saw there was the Steve Morse Band back in 2010?? I believe.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Niners gonna do anything tonight? GOSH!

They'll do something. The odds are in their favor that they can't possibly suck this bad for an entire game but it won't be enough. Kaepernick is 8/13 for 44 yds and has been sacked 4 times. They're so bad that Marshawn Lynch was projectile vomiting on the sidelines. Yikes!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JtDMxx---4

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...all-out-of-bounds-accidentally-drills-trainer

Colin Kaepernick Throws Ball out of Bounds, Accidentally Drills Trainer
By Thomas Duffy, Featured Columnist

Colin Kaepernick is not gentle with the football.

The San Francisco 49ers quarterback is known to fire fastballs at his receivers, but against the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday night in Santa Clara, California, an unlucky trainer found out for himself in the first quarter.

According to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press, the worker who took one to the dome needed some attention on the sideline:

Janie McCauley
✔@JanieMcCAP

#49ers trainer being looked at on sideline bench after taking Kaepernick pass ball square in the head.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JtDMxx---4

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...all-out-of-bounds-accidentally-drills-trainer

Colin Kaepernick Throws Ball out of Bounds, Accidentally Drills Trainer
By Thomas Duffy, Featured Columnist

Colin Kaepernick is not gentle with the football.

The San Francisco 49ers quarterback is known to fire fastballs at his receivers, but against the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday night in Santa Clara, California, an unlucky trainer found out for himself in the first quarter.

According to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press, the worker who took one to the dome needed some attention on the sideline:

Janie McCauley
✔@JanieMcCAP

#49ers trainer being looked at on sideline bench after taking Kaepernick pass ball square in the head.

Ha ha

#7torms coming!

KARL BAKER

UDFA
Name
KARL BAKER
Seeing the 49er's In Such a Mess - Makes Me Giddy !!!
I feel like Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving all rolled into one "happy" day !!