GDT: Dallas @ Green Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Modern NFL, where referees and replay determines the outcome of games and the biggest drama is waiting for the "decision."

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Isn't it a penalty again for Dez being on the field with no helmet?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
An eye for an eye. Somewhere Detroit fans are smiling. At least they got a explanation.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ya'll know i want GB to win this, but to reverse that Dez catch was wrong IMO.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
What I don't get on that play is he took 3 steps when coming down with the ball. Also, his right elbow (which I thought was the same as a knee) hits the ground before his left arm and them fumble. Neither of those counts before the fumble?

Guess I don't get all the rules.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
You know what though - that rule sucks. Anyone who knows football can look at that and say it should be a catch. Its a ridiculous play - pure ability, and he controls it all the way through. He's not juggling or anything - he then takes 3 steps to try and get into the end zone - and RIGHT at the end he falls over and perhaps the ball moves a little bit....(from the replay I saw I didn't even think the ball moved at all). Just ludicrous that that cant be called a catch.

Yeah it was a terrible play call - and great coverage - but the guy just went out and destroyed all of that with pure athletic ability - that's what they call a transcendent play - he ripped up the playbook and scheme (i.e. it should have been an incomplete pass because the coverage was great) - but he just dominated there and its been taken away because of a crappy rule.

I know we had some terrible calls at Dallas - we really did - it was a joke and cost us the game there (as I'm sure Rynie will agree) - but come on - two wrongs don't make a right. That should be a catch.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
yea that call sucked but after last week.. fuck em.

come on Rodgers. 10 more yards and a fg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You know what though - that rule sucks. Anyone who knows football can look at that and say it should be a catch. Its a ridiculous play - pure ability, and he controls it all the way through. He's not juggling or anything - he then takes 3 steps to try and get into the end zone - and RIGHT at the end he falls over and perhaps the ball moves a little bit....(from the replay I saw I didn't even think the ball moved at all). Just ludicrous that that cant be called a catch.

Yeah it was a terrible play call - and great coverage - but the guy just went out and destroyed all of that with pure athletic ability - that's what they call a transcendent play - he ripped up the playbook and scheme (i.e. it should have been an incomplete pass because the coverage was great) - but he just dominated there and its been taken away because of a crappy rule.

I know we had some terrible calls at Dallas - we really did - it was a joke and cost us the game there (as I'm sure Rynie will agree) - but come on - two wrongs don't make a right. That should be a catch.[/QUOTE

Picking up the PI hurts just as bad.

Det smiles

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I know we had some terrible calls at Dallas - we really did - it was a joke and cost us the game there (as I'm sure Rynie will agree) - but come on - two wrongs don't make a right. That should be a catch.
Exactly. The modern day grey area, this and that, micromanaged, referee-replay driven NFL puts EVERY SINGLE play under a microscope.
20 years ago that Dez play was a catch and no one questions it. Not the refs, the fans, the players, the broadcasters, the ESPN talking heads...no one.