GDT: Dallas @ Green Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Was thinking the same thing when he went onto the field without a helmet, again.

It only matters if you're on the field involved in the play, not when you come off the sideline.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
WTG Go Packers great job by the Referees giving it back to Dez Bryant!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Exactly. The modern day grey area, this and that, micromanaged, referee-replay driven NFL puts EVERY SINGLE play under a microscope.
20 years ago that Dez play was a catch and no one questions it. Not the refs, the fans, the players, the broadcasters, the ESPN talking heads...no one.

Exactly - that was my point (you made it with much more brevity and clarity than I - I am angry at the call!)

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I think GB is the only team in this years playoffs I don't hate. Good luck to them against Seattle who I for sure hate.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Dez just secures the catch instead of lunging toward the line the Cowboys are inside the 2yd line first and goal.

jap

Legend
Another hapless opponent falls victim to Aaron Rodgers and the frozen tundra of Green Bay!!! It would have been a much more decisive win, even a blowout, if Aaron did not have to deal with the bad calf.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yet another playoff game in the books where the only thing everyone talks about is a replay/judgement call decision. I just don't like the culture that the modern NFL has begat. I'll step off my soapbox now. :coach:

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Classy stuff from Garrett in the post game interview, doesn't blame the refs, says they had other chances to win the game.

iced

just sayin'

upload_2015-1-11_17-0-0.png

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yet another playoff game in the books where the only thing everyone talks about is a replay/judgement call decision. I just don't like the culture that the modern NFL has begat. I'll step off my soapbox now. :coach:
Didn't watch. What did I miss?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
If Dez just secures the catch instead of lunging toward the line the Cowboys are inside the 2yd line first and goal.
It took getting the 3rd step in (after the catch) to lunge in the first place.

"football move" vs. "doesn't matter how many steps if in act of falling"

He caught the ball at about 12 and a half feet above playing field and then gets 3 steps in.
The rule is the rule.
And it kind of sucks.
Sucks just about as bad as "touchback" rule when Offense fumbles out of bounds through end zone.
Yes. They are rules.
Some of the rules suck ass.
I'd wouldn't wish a team getting knocked out of playoffs like that on anybody but the Cowboys.