GAME DAY GDT - Cowboys at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Akers is timid, hesitant, has no explosion to the hole, no burst, no vision, no cut back ability and no physicality.
For some reason, Akers seems hesitant to cut left. He usually cuts right even if the hole is to the left.

He has done that 3 times in the last two weeks that I know of and there are probably more that I have not reviewed yet.

Was it his right foot with the Achilles injury and is he hesitant to push off that foot?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
OBJ has nothing to do with how poorly we are playing. We did get him a ring yes, but at what expense to keep him?We don’t have Whit anymore. We need to re-tool our entire O line and no more of the bs fuk them picks memes…
Again, OBJ is headed to Buffalo, you can bank it..

oldnotdead

Legend
Who cares about OBJ?

This OL has been reduced to starting 3rd unit players. Injuries have been horrendous. Losing Edwards is no loss because he just plain sucks as a starter. Getting Allen back will be huge. I see Jackson moving to LG with Aboushi taking over at RG. Losing Shelton was a huge blow.

Bench Robinson! Play McCutcheon, I mean what the fuck do they have to lose? He's fast enough to force safeties back. Play Roger Carter as a FB.

XWR McCutcheon
Z WR Kupp
QB Stafford
FB Carter
RB Akers/Henderson/Brown
LT Noteboom
LG Jackson
C Allen when he returns, Kolone/Skura (IMO a JAG not any better than Blythe)
RG Aboushi/Brewer
RT Havenstein
TE Higbee

Gameday reserves: Arcuri, Skura, Brewer (IMO all tier 3)

The Rams are cap strapped which means they would have to go shopping in the bargain basement for OL help. The key would be getting Allen back ASAP. Shelton is gone for 4-6 weeks.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I suggest that you watch Robinson run his routes. He doesn't snap off his routes, which a receiver is supposed to do.

There's a sluggishness and a non-aggressiveness to his play and it results in him being consistently too near to his defender.

In addition, he has made little effort to fight for balls thrown his way.

None of which inspires any confidence in a quarterback to throw him the ball.

I'm not buying the narrative about timing and familiarity with Stafford being the reason why he's not getting the ball.

Robinson's just not getting open, even on scramble plays.

Football's about desire and winning and if you're not showing the hunger, why are you on the field?

The same applies to Akers.

What people often don't understand is that sometimes when players come from an environment (the Bears) where the competitive performance expectations are low, their value becomes inflated (big fish, small pond) compared to the lack of quality around them.

It appears that we've made a mistake in acquiring Robinson, a costly one unfortunately.
It's entirely possible I just tend to put a career resume body of work and actual stats over 5 games on a Rams team that is struggling badly. Could be and I'm not doubting your right however an entire body of work with lousy qbs speaks louder still. Maybe that's what mcvay is referring too. He seems character wise like a fit but maybe not giving it his all as he just figures he ain't getting the ball. Even the 50/50 balls aren't anywhere near him to catch and they are few and they have come when poor Stafford is under extreme pressure.

So does this mean Stafford is washed too? Cause his numbers show way more than decline they show he is dog gone finished should we throw his career and stats out or will someone say this is who Stafford always way. Because it isn't

Last yr sacked 17 times 17 games this year what 21 times already 5 games. Can't have timing with anyone but Coop.

I believe ARob not washed and he has never been a guy to get Tom's of separation rather he is a guy that if on the vicinity he will catch it. He may not fit the offense as currently constructed I will give you that as he may take a bit more time running his route but that's a luxury we don't have sadly time for Stafford is at a premium.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well… my preseason prediction of Ramsey getting his first career sack came true

Name
Richard Levy
For some reason, Akers seems hesitant to cut left. He usually cuts right even if the hole is to the left.

He has done that 3 times in the last two weeks that I know of and there are probably more that I have not reviewed yet.

Was it his right foot with the Achilles injury and is he hesitant to push off that foot?

I agree with your point, although it should be noted that Akers has also failed to cut right when running left and has been caught behind the line of scrimmage on almost every carry due to his frustrating slowness in getting vertical.

Whether it's due to a mental block with the injury or not, McVay had no business having him out there against Dallas after we'd clawed back to take the lead on Cupp's long TD catch.

The game was winnable. As a contender, the Cowboys don't impress me much, they couldn't move the ball regularly against our D. We were moving against their D in spite of having no running game at all.

Pollard is their only real weapon. Lamb is not a number one receiver and Gallup is mediocre, as is Dak.

If McVay had put Henderson in the game instead of Akers, taken a few more deep shots and moved Robinson to the bench, we could have won that game.

Tano

Legend
I agree with your point, although it should be noted that Akers has also failed to cut right when running left and has been caught behind the line of scrimmage on almost every carry due to his frustrating slowness in getting vertical.

Whether it's due to a mental block with the injury or not, McVay had no business having him out there against Dallas after we'd clawed back to take the lead on Cupp's long TD catch.

The game was winnable. As a contender, the Cowboys don't impress me much, they couldn't move the ball regularly against our D. We were moving against their D in spite of having no running game at all.

Pollard is their only real weapon. Lamb is not a number one receiver and Gallup is mediocre, as is Dak.

If McVay had put Henderson in the game instead of Akers, taken a few more deep shots and moved Robinson to the bench, we could have won that game.
I agree we should have won that game. The Pollard run was just sloppy tackling by everyone.

I was surprised Scott missed that tackle because he is usually really good at tackling people.