Gamers, what are you playing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan14

Starter
Just be careful. The early versions of new consoles are usually a lot more breakdown prone (such as the Red Ring of Death debacle on the 360.)

By later hardware iterations, they've usually got the kinks worked out.

Very true bro! Some of my friends have gotten the new consoles and I've said the same thing! Got the Xbox 360 fairly early when it came out, def had it's fair share of problems down the road. Gotta be a bit careful getting a console as expensive as these.

These games look amazing tho, hopefully waiting tell the summer time is a solid waiting period? What do you you think?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very true bro! Some of my friends have gotten the new consoles and I've said the same thing! Got the Xbox 360 fairly early when it came out, def had it's fair share of problems down the road. Gotta be a bit careful getting a console as expensive as these.

These games look amazing tho, hopefully waiting tell the summer time is a solid waiting period? What do you you think?
If you want to be REALLY safe, wait until the console goes through some sort of redesign... like both PS2 and PS3 had a "Slim" redesign. (PS3 also has a Super Slim that's really quiet in exchange for a spring loaded disc tray, which I'm not sure I like.)

But waiting til Summer could help.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If you want to be REALLY safe, wait until the console goes through some sort of redesign... like both PS2 and PS3 had a "Slim" redesign. (PS3 also has a Super Slim that's really quiet in exchange for a spring loaded disc tray, which I'm not sure I like.)

But waiting til Summer could help.

Yea, I waited till ps3 and XBox360 came out with the slim designs(more of that was due to funds lol). But yea, I wouldnt touch them at least till summer when they work out some of the kinks.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Just finished Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, which had been in my "pile of shame" for a while.

Pros: Beautiful level design. Boss fights are a lot of fun. Your power level is high enough to decimate armies. If you don't derive joy from using the "Jedi Mind Trick" on mooks, forcing them to attack each other or leap off the nearest ledge, you can't have joy.

Cons: Really short (potentially completable in one night). Even so, most of the non boss fights get incredibly repetitive, especially QTEs (not mandatory but often helpful) to finish off larger enemies. Jumping puzzles... :mad:

Verdict: Since game rental is no longer a thing, buy this one used for consoles or on sale on Steam if you're going to buy it at all. That way you won't be disappointed if you don't get much from it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NCAA 14(Football), NBA 2k, GTA mainly.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You know, the funny thing about the NCAA games for me is that I used to update them all the time, even though I don't follow college football because I really liked the ability to import draft classes into Madden and play my college players as Rams.

Now that that's been removed, I probably won't update my NCAA game for a while.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Unfortunately nothing really good on the PS4 yet, so I am back occasionally playing the PS3 and Blasting away in Bio Shock

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I just noticed FF XIV A Realm Reborn is available in Beta on PS4
The FF MMOs never really appealed to me.

Really, the only MMOs I've gotten that involved with are World of Warcraft (though I'm inactive at the moment) and Star Trek Online (got a character to Vice Admiral and have a decent little ship.)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I figured I would Download and check it out. I haven't been too impressed in the past either

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I've procured (but not yet obtained) my used PS3.

PS3 with a controller, UFC Unleashed 2010 (the last one made), Madden 12 and Sonic Generations (which unfortunately I had on Steam already), $125 + $32.40 for Priority Mail.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
BTW, if any of you guys are on a PlayStation system, I really recommend the PlayStation Plus service for the free games they offer. Because once you've registered a game to your account, you can download it any time as long as you have PS Plus, here's the list of just the AAA titles I'll be able to download for free for my used PS3 coming in:
  • Remember Me
  • Payday 2
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • Just Cause 2*
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Shift 2: Unleashed
  • Far Cry 2
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  • Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD remakes
  • Sly Cooper and the Thevious Racoonus
  • LittleBigPlanet 2
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • Uncharted 3
  • GRID 2
  • WarHammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • Saints Row 2*
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown*
  • Borderlands 2
And all that doesn't include games for the PS4, PSP and PS Vita; Playstation Network downloadable titles or classic PS1 titles. Just for being on the PS Plus service for a couple of years.

*= I already had the game on Steam anyway.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
New way to have fun with an old Madden game:

1. Start new franchise mode, selecting the Rams and 49ers as user controlled teams.
2. Turn off Salary Cap, turn on Fantasy Draft.
3. Draft good players for both teams as long as you like (only one per position between both teams) then sim the rest of the draft.
4. Force 49ers to trade all their starters one for one for the Rams' backups.
5. Play as the Rams, laughing at the 49ers.

For added awesomeness, try to move the 49ers to Anchorage (in an outdoor stadium) and dress them in all pink uniforms.