Free Agency Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
QB - Kirk Cousins - Minnesota
DL - Christian Wilkins - Detroit
Edge - Danielle Hunter - Green Bay
LT - Tyron Smith - Dallas
CB - Kendall Fuller - Buffalo
DL - Leonard Williams - Cincinnati
Edge - Bryce Huff - Philly
RB - Derrick Henry - Cleveland
RB - S.Barkley - Dallas

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'd be all in on Josh Allen for sure if the compensation wouldn't be so crippling for a young stud edge.
I think Carolina has some reasonable incentives to move-on from Burns but the Jaguars seem to have no real reason to move Allen.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
With free agency starting tomorrow, I thought it might be fun to make some predictions. Either make predictions on the top guys or come up with some of your own.

QB - Kirk Cousins/steelers
DL - Christian Wilkins/panthers
Edge - Danielle Hunter/dolphins
LT - Tyron Smith/panthers
CB - Kendall Fuller/dolphins
DL - Leonard Williams/texans
Edge - Bryce Huff/falcons
RB - Derrick Henry/cowboys
RB - S.Barkley/ravens or panthers

Who do you think is the top free agent that the Rams sign? Dotson. After that, it’ll be someone who gets released.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think Carolina has some reasonable incentives to move-on from Burns but the Jaguars seem to have no real reason to move Allen.
Totally agree that's why it would take a king's ransom to pry Allen away from the Jags. I'm sure the Rams sight is set elsewhere.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not much for predicting who goes where. But as far as my team, my first choice would be Hunter. Yeah, it'll cost us. And maybe we can't get another high level free agent. But a quality edge rusher can make a world of difference. We have two young players who expect to be pretty good in Turner and Young. And of course Aaron Donald. Giving them a legit edge rusher could take pressure off Donald. The other guys can make teams pay for double and triple teaming Donald.

In the draft Cooper DeJean is someone I'd like to have to have at CB. He's got good closing speed. A willing tackler. And he can return punts. With all the safeties being released and the position seems to be devalued, they could find a quality free safety for a good price. Do all that for the defense and we could have a very good team. I expect the offense to continue where they left off last season. A top ten defense with that offense and they could easily win 12 or 13 games.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I've always banged the drum for Hunter and Burns hoping one of the two happens that said the rams were ready to throw a bag at Von Miller but thank God it didn't happen much like the 2 1sts for Burns we lucked out.

My point is what did we offer von 4 or 5 years and he was older and just as much if not more of an injury risk as hunter. Btw looking at hunter just physique wise he is an animal in the d-i-c-k Metcalf area

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'm not much for predicting who goes where. But as far as my team, my first choice would be Hunter. Yeah, it'll cost us. And maybe we can't get another high level free agent. But a quality edge rusher can make a world of difference. We have two young players who expect to be pretty good in Turner and Young. And of course Aaron Donald. Giving them a legit edge rusher could take pressure off Donald. The other guys can make teams pay for double and triple teaming Donald.

In the draft Cooper DeJean is someone I'd like to have to have at CB. He's got good closing speed. A willing tackler. And he can return punts. With all the safeties being released and the position seems to be devalued, they could find a quality free safety for a good price. Do all that for the defense and we could have a very good team. I expect the offense to continue where they left off last season. A top ten defense with that offense and they could easily win 12 or 13 games.
I see Dejean as maybe the perfect "star" position guy. Playmaker, who can cover, run, and tackle. If they get a guy like Hunter and resign Shelton, I could easily see a Dejean + a WR at 52. If Mitchel is there at 19, then you take him. If not maybe Dejean or a small trade down and then Dejean.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hunter would be nice. I don't think it's gonna happen (he will cost more than he is worth IMO) but if it does I can get behind it for sure.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A perfect day tomorrow:

CB Fuller 3 years/13m per
Edge Van Ginkel 2 years/7m per
OC C.Williams 3 year/7.5m per
Or resign Shelton at around 5m, but Williams is much better.

Those numbers are based on projected contracts. I tend to think Williams will get more, but, with not sending out 25m per year on Hunter, we can afford these guys and it would allow us to really go BPA at 19.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A perfect day tomorrow:

CB Fuller 3 years/13m per
Edge Van Ginkel 2 years/7m per
OC C.Williams 3 year/7.5m per
Or resign Shelton at around 5m, but Williams is much better.

Those numbers are based on projected contracts. I tend to think Williams will get more, but, with not sending out 25m per year on Hunter, we can afford these guys and it would allow us to really go BPA at 19.
Throw a couple million more on Williams IMO. One of the top 2 or 3 centers out there and a guy behind him just signed for basically $8 million aav.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Throw a couple million more on Williams IMO. One of the top 2 or 3 centers out there and a guy behind him just signed for basically $8 million aav.
Honestly totally agree on that and, frankly, he's worth it. 9-10m for a 27 year old pro bowl caliber center is a solid deal to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hunter would be nice. I don't think it's gonna happen (he will cost more than he is worth IMO) but if it does I can get behind it for sure.
FWIW the PFF guys still think a lot of Hunter and said his production really hasn’t slowed down. They also said he’d be a perfect fit for the Rams. I agree. Plus he wouldn’t likely get a long term deal. So in three years they could get out of it if needed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
FWIW the PFF guys still think a lot of Hunter and said his production really hasn’t slowed down. They also said he’d be a perfect fit for the Rams. I agree. Plus he wouldn’t likely get a long term deal. So in three years they could get out of it if needed.
It would not surprise me if he's better than my take on him. And if and when he's a Ram I'll pull for him of course.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I predict that Cousins stays in Minnesota. They’d be foolish to let him leave. Any hope they had of getting to the playoffs would be gone. They are not in a rebuild. They had a very good team last year, until he was injured.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I had to come back for this shit. I can't wait. I hope we make some noise!!!!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I can say about Hunter that isn't ideal is his rush defense. Seems like most edges that we have a shot at this offseason have that negative. It is one of the reasons I've changed my real hope to singing Van Ginkel who is far cheaper and far more well rounded. He's not a complete disaster against the run and, in fact, plays it well.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I predict that Cousins stays in Minnesota. They’d be foolish to let him leave. Any hope they had of getting to the playoffs would be gone. They are not in a rebuild. They had a very good team last year, until he was injured.
I'm betting he's 95% to Atlanta. They are more desperate and thus will offer him more IMO

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I can say about Hunter that isn't ideal is his rush defense. Seems like most edges that we have a shot at this offseason have that negative. It is one of the reasons I've changed my real hope to singing Van Ginkel who is far cheaper and far more well rounded. He's not a complete disaster against the run and, in fact, plays it well.
He's terrible at run D, people myself included didn't like Hoecht in run D will not be happy about Hunter. Hopefully he'd live up to the salary in sacks though.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, i think he'd threaten a 20 sack year playing next to AD. Considering he got 18 last year with zero help.