Free Agency Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
With free agency starting tomorrow, I thought it might be fun to make some predictions. Either make predictions on the top guys or come up with some of your own.

QB - Kirk Cousins
DL - Christian Wilkins
Edge - Danielle Hunter
LT - Tyron Smith
CB - Kendall Fuller
DL - Leonard Williams
Edge - Bryce Huff
RB - Derrick Henry
RB - S.Barkley

Who do you think is the top free agent that the Rams sign?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My guess:

QB - Kirk Cousins - Falcons
DL - Christian Wilkins - Texans
Edge - Danielle Hunter - Rams
LT - Tyron Smith - Jets
CB - Kendall Fuller - Eagles
DL - Leonard Williams - Hags
Edge - Bryce Huff - Commodes
RB - Derrick Henry - Ravens
RB - S.Barkley - Texans

Who do you think is the top free agent that the Rams sign? Hunter

My hope is signing Van Ginkel at a reasonable deal.

Would not be mad if this came true. Looking forward to tomorrow, gonna be hard to work while refreshing X.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB - Kirk Cousins Atlanta
DL - Christian Wilkins Washington
Edge - Danielle Hunter Tennessee
LT - Tyron Smith Jets
CB - Kendall Fuller Rams
DL - Leonard Williams Indianapolis
Edge - Bryce Huff Washington
RB - Derrick Henry Patriots
RB - S.Barkley Eagles

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope the Rams sign Hunter. He’s still very productive and is well worth losing a comp pick over. But Snead is addicted to those 5th and 6th rounders every year. Who needs a top ten edge when you can draft a special teams player instead. So, it’s not likely.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’d love to get Hunter. He’d be a perfect fit for this team in 2024.

However, he’s gonna cost a lot - like $25M. That’ll basically use up all our available FA cap space and we’d be left with minor/cheap acquisitions.

Now imagine spreading that money around for a few spots to help the depth. Getting a real safety like Simmons (or Poyer, etc). Plus a vet edge/olb like Ginkel (or Floyd…or a waived guy like Mack). Plus a decent vet CB similar to Witherspoon last year.

Are we better with Hunter alone or multiple lower FA pieces? Idk. Food for thought. Either way, I trust Snead.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

However, he’s gonna cost a lot - like $25M. That’ll basically use up all our available FA cap space and we’d be left with minor/cheap acquisitions.

Now imagine spreading that money around for a few spots to help the depth. Getting a real safety like Simmons (or Poyer, etc). Plus a vet edge/olb like Ginkel (or Floyd…or a waived guy like Mack). Plus a decent vet CB similar to Witherspoon last year.

Are we better with Hunter alone or multiple lower FA pieces? Idk. Food for thought. Either way, I trust Snead.
With the way contracts are set up nowadays, they could differ a lot of that contract to later years I believe. So maybe it averages 25m/year, but the cap hit this year might be more managible like 10-15m. But I do agree, I'd rather have a combo of Van Ginkel (who I think we have a real shot of signing) and Simmons then just Hunter. But, I'd LOVE to see Hunter and Donald getting after the QB's. That alone would boost our secondary.

And after further thought, Van Ginkel might be the guy I'm hoping we sign. He's pretty perfect for our scheme and his salary projections is 2 years 6.5m. That is a BARGIN. He's also the highest graded edge on the free agent market.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
LT - Tyron Smith Jets
CB - Kendall Fuller Rams
RB - S.Barkley Eagles
This is really freaking good!

muggmeister

Rookie
With the way contracts are set up nowadays, they could differ a lot of that contract to later years I believe. So maybe it averages 25m/year, but the cap hit this year might be more managible like 10-15m. But I do agree, I'd rather have a combo of Van Ginkel (who I think we have a real shot of signing) and Simmons then just Hunter. But, I'd LOVE to see Hunter and Donald getting after the QB's. That alone would boost our secondary.

And after further thought, Van Ginkel might be the guy I'm hoping we sign. He's pretty perfect for our scheme and his salary projections is 2 years 6.5m. That is a BARGIN. He's also the highest graded edge on the free agent market.
I'm definitely on board with Van Ginkel and Simmons. Might even allow us to resign Shelton and Jackson. I wanted Hunter all along but with the money paid to Dotson I don't think that's reasonable anymore.

muggmeister

Rookie
LT - Tyron Smith Jets
CB - Kendall Fuller Rams
RB - S.Barkley Eagles
Why would Washington sign Wilikns when they already have DeRone Payne and Jonathon Allen making top money at the same position?

dang

Legend

My heart says big splash like Hunter or trade for Burns. My head says get 2-3 FAs for that same $$$.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My worst case scenario is trading for Burns, unless its a reasonable trade (i.e. not involving our 1st). Yes, Hunter is older but he is far more impactful and does not cost any draft picks. He also might be less $ per year on top of that.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Little to no idea, but I'll play:

QB - Kirk Cousins - Falcons
DL - Christian Wilkins - Bears
Edge - Danielle Hunter - Lions
LT - Tyron Smith - Back to Cowboys or retires
CB - Kendall Fuller - Patriots
DL - Leonard Williams - Back to Seahawks
Edge - Bryce Huff - Eagles
RB - Derrick Henry - Ravens
RB - S.Barkley - Texans

Rams - Someone who hasn't been cut yet.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Hunter does save you a high draft pick because I don't see them taking an edge in the first 5 rds with now having Young & Hunter.

So it opens up more possibilities for a WR or an OT taken high...even with a small trade up, although I would avoid that.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Hunter does save you a high draft pick because I don't see them taking an edge in the first 5 rds with now having Young & Hunter.

So it opens up more possibilities for a WR or an OT taken high...even with a small trade up, although I would avoid that.
If we can get Hunter and draft Mitchell......fuck that would be insanely good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Still think Smith fits best with us. Dotson signing makes it unlikely, granted. But the Rams should be thinking of maximizing their chances for the next couple seasons with Stafford. They have a strong swing OT in Jackson or Boom. And Smith may be somewhat affordable due to age and injury background.

Then sign a cheap edge rotation piece.

Then go get speed at WR and hit defense in the draft.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
My worst case scenario is trading for Burns, unless its a reasonable trade (i.e. not involving our 1st). Yes, Hunter is older but he is far more impactful and does not cost any draft picks. He also might be less $ per year on top of that.
I struggle with this as well but I’ll remember Hunter has peaked and Burns probably hasn’t. And has more gas in the tank. For the record I want Josh Allen but no indication of that happening.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I struggle with this as well but I’ll remember Hunter has peaked and Burns probably hasn’t. And has more gas in the tank. For the record I want Josh Allen but no indication of that happening.
I'd be all in on Josh Allen for sure if the compensation wouldn't be so crippling for a young stud edge.