PREGAME Forty Whiner week!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This should be an interesting game.

Does the competitive nature of Shanahan and McVay keep them from sitting Star players?

I’m on the fence.
I’ve always believed in beating those assholes no matter what.
I’m leaning towards starting our stars and kicking those no good, dirty, pricks.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO Shanahan wants this game more than McVay. Even though they want to rest guys this game means more to them for morale.

They needed home field as it's their only way to the big game.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
More times then I care to remember the Rams have come out flat after resting players in this situation.
I hope they start all starters. maybe do some subbing in the 4th quarter but I think we need to play to win, especially after that Giants game.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Play that game like its your last. Beat them and whatever happens, happens.
I seem to remember McVay resting all his stars the last game of the season one year and coming out flat in the playoffs. And him saying something along the lines that it was a mistake.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

49ers do have something to play for in regular-season finale​

Stretching the regular-season win streak over the Rams to 10 games is decent potential motivation, but the 49ers also have a shot at franchise history.

The Niners are 5-0 inside the NFC West having swept the division in the 2022 season. Should they beat the Rams, it would see them sweep the division in back to back years for the first time.
San Francisco has been the best team in the NFC West by some distance over the course of 2022 and 2023. The 49ers don't need such an achievement to illustrate that point, but it's a fun potential carrot to dangle in front of those backups who get the chance to impress as the Niners aim to round off an excellent regular season in style.

Ellard80

Legend
Deebo been hurt a lot....

He might get a series....

I doubt either team will play key starters much or at all.

Hope I'm wrong because I hate pre-season football

But I have a feeling this is what it will be.

Ellard80

Legend
I told you guys Ratboy won't rest his starters. He is all hatred, and nothing else.
Not a good idea to take anything that Deebo Samuel says too seriously.

The starters may play some... or maybe they don't play at all.

There is little doubt however that they will not play the entire game - id guess the most I'd expect is a half.

So they will likely get "rest."

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I told you guys Ratboy won't rest his starters. He is all hatred, and nothing else.
He already said a lot of those guys are resting. CMC, armstead, and some others. They certainly won't be their normal bowling ball selves.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's some gamesmanship afoot here I think. Shanny already alluded to them resting starters, but I presume he has the same goal here as McVay which is to show well in the game while risking as few players as possible.

McVay is the one who has not said what he's going to do in any fashion. So for the shitters it puts more pressure on them because they're the top seed with all the expectation and the bye. As bad as it would be for the Rams to be flat due to not playing enough starters, I'm confident they'd bounce back real nicely so it's not a concern for me. But I do hope we beat these bastards of course.

I'd start Wentz for sure. Stafford would be out. He is that critical. Same with AD. Turner goes to 3T/AD role and get into that rotation a bit more up front. Oh and Kupp would be out too. He needs this rest and him being faster and rested is the kind of difference that can win you a playoff game.

Also... This would be a good game for Raheem to play around with roles in the secondary if he is so inclined. We've had our backs to the wall for weeks now so there hasn't been any room for error. This game he can do that.

All I really care about is we get out of it healthy. Secondary concern is don't make us endure a blowout loss. But that first concern trumps all else far as I'm concerned.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
San Francisco will want to pull their guys. They want - and somewhat expect - us to do the same. They want homefield advantage and they need to go win the SB. We can't get a home game and we already won our Superbowl....the Rams have played with house money all year and you never stop in the middle of a heater w/ house money. All the pressure is on the 49ers.

Go beat SF at SF. End their streak against us. End their sweep. Change that narrative and let our young guys create a new paradigm. Get inside the 49ers heads, haunt their thoughts, take the initiative and never give it back.

And IF our post-season destiny should include another battle with these guys - the confidence to know we can win there would be worth it, imo.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
SF has to pull guys because they’ve been snake bit with late season injuries the last few seasons

in that vein, I hope,they start all the starters

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Not a good idea to take anything that Deebo Samuel says too seriously.

The starters may play some... or maybe they don't play at all.

There is little doubt however that they will not play the entire game - id guess the most I'd expect is a half.

So they will likely get "rest."
If they play their starters for a half, we should do our best to punish them and break them in half!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I wonder, first of all, if Shanahan and McVay regularly talk, and if so I wonder if they are communicating about syncing their approaches this week?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
2024-01-02_18-42-56.jpg
2024-01-02_18-43-18.jpg