For those "worried" or "concerned" about the 1s' performance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Spruce doesn't have the foot quickness that Edelman has, or Amendola

Neither of those guys are my comparison for Spruce. When I say the Patriots have made a killing on guys like him I mean absolute full effort types that do the work and show up in games in spite of not having the desired measurables.

My comparison for Spruce is Boldin. Both are strong and hard to knock off route, get separation through route running, and catch everything. Spruce has a lower ceiling most likely but his talent is going to play in this league.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This was his first NFL action.
First impressions matter...Can you imagine how many guys will get cut after this weekend games on what they did? Spruce probably made the team, on practice, then his first impression...Probably is on a few teams radar as well, should he get released.

I can think of another WR that Spruce resembles that wasn't fast and had a pretty good career. Steve Largent.

Lester Hayes erased Steve Largent, usually. TOday's corners have a lot more than Lester had (Lester was my all time fav early 80s corner).
Funny, they have a highlight of Larget, jumping over Lester grabbing a pass....He was a great player, different era...And Lester was one of my favs too....So was Jack Tatum. For that matter, so was Largent.
Still, different era...dude would have problems in the press coverage, better athletes of the 90's....

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Largent beat Lester one day,and they won the game because of it (1984?)....one time, yes;)