For those "worried" or "concerned" about the 1s' performance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
It's the same thing every preseason under Fisher. The first game is a glorified scrimmage and by the fourth, he's rolling out everything against teams resting their starters and we blow them out haha. I don't think we played anything other than a base cover-2 yesterday, and I didn't see Quinn, Donald, Brockers, etc dressed to play.

There were three blocks in the back on that opening kickoff. I have GamePass and I watched that play over and over. Cowboys should've started at the 10 yard line.

I'm really excited about our depth, though. We have a stable of running backs and I really, really hope Seau makes this team; I doubt we'll be able to stash him on the practice squad.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The 1s got worked over. We can if and shoulda all day long but the Rams 1s got their butts kicked all over the field.

Our 3s and 4s beat their 3s and 4s - but their 1s and 2s very clearly beat ours.

And yeah, vanilla - yada yada yada - heard that the last several years too and its not like we came out firing when the season started.

Sure, the Rams won - and frankly, I thought Goff looked pretty good - but this was not a very encouraging start if you ask me.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I agree.
#2 Center looked good. Got push in the run game.
Brown was his usual flailing self in the ru game....he needs to improve before the start of the season or we need a new starting G.
Easley uses his hands well to get off his blocker.

Brown was absolutely blown off the ball on a Cunningham run. I was pretty pissed about it. He better get it together because once Havenstein comes back he's going to have to fight Saffold and Wichmann for a Guard spot.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Chase made up for it later in the game with his Play!!(y):D

Made up for it? I don't know about that. Our special teams ace made 2 special teams gaffes. And let's not pretend he didn't have his share of special teams let downs last year as well - he did.

The kid has heart - he practices his butt off - but personally I hope this is the year that the roster is just too talented to keep him around.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Brown was absolutely blown off the ball on a Cunningham run. I was pretty pissed about it. He better get it together because once Havenstein comes back he's going to have to fight Saffold and Wichmann for a Guard spot.

I think I know the play you are talking about - watched it several times. Brown had no chance on it on the assignment. Sometimes a play just gets blown up because of the defensive scheme called - and it looked to me like this was more that than a guy getting outmatched. And that is not to say the Brown couldn't have done more to help mitigate - but he didn't get manhandled the way it looked.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't beat yourselves up guys. You played against the 2016 Super Bowl champions.
View attachment 15547
z4aLwAe.gif

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I am a bit concerned by how satisfied Fisher seemed in his post game press conference. If the 1s were happy and celebrating post game - I'm concerned by that as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
On the opening kickoff:
It was excellent blocking on Dallas' part. I didn't really see missed tackles or anything like that.
I'm not concerned Angry Ram, but i do believe that our ST Ace Chase Reynolds whiffed badly on that opening kickoff.
Not just the whiff by Chase too but a couple lane integrity issues most notably with LB Lynch.
Chase whiffed...terrible lane integrity...I saw Bradley jump out of the way, then try to plug the hole he created. I have a real problem with too many offensive guys on ST's...Esp. the ones when tackling is premium....Too another point, I though Lynch & Hagar were horrible all game...on the flip side? Forrest looks like a player...I know Chubb can play.
Sensabaugh play like a backup-level CB with the tell tale inability to look for the ball in the air brings home the importance of Gaines getting back.
Does anyone actually think Coty Sensabaugh is gonna cover the opponents' top WR,

No...but Williams gave him a chance to "see" what he can do...He's actually pretty good in coverage...terrible ball skills..turn around, and play the damn ball. Gotta have that natural internal clock...He doesn't have it....Ready to see Roberson & Hill...Joyner isn't a cb...he NEVER looks for the ball in a game...I don't think he's ever broke up a pass in man coverage. He only sees the ball in zone...and usually is late to make a play...glorified Safety..at corner...but too small to play safety...oh well...

I trust Gregg Williams, I don't trust Sensabaugh. Absolutely no pressure on Prescott is a concern,
Good to see what these guys can do without Donald & Quinn saving their asses....
Wasn't impressed with Coples at DT...very poor effort on most plays...Longacre brings it....Westbrooks BRINGS it...Hayes wasn't playing hard...or he's changed.
I kinda like Easley...Don't know how #92 makes the team..thomas...just a big ole guy...

Brown was absolutely blown off the ball on a Cunningham run.
I noticed Brown in OUR backfield...off balanced, getting blown back...Not a good look...Like he's lost his lower body power...I remember the OG Cooper, the one traded to NE for Jones. After his broken leg, he wasn't the same player in AZ...I hope this isn't the case...Reynolds didn't look good either...not sure how Wichman looked, but Benny was running all day...

fearsomefour

Legend
He was not very good most of last year. Get pushed back. In space he seems to always get beaten to the spot. I think his issues may be mental more than physical at this point....playing with good leverage, knowing who "his" guy is on the second level. Physically he has the raw athleticism and strength to do it....doesn't meant much if he always getting beaten.
Reynolds and Wichmann was better than him last year, Saffold really was not but has been in the past. Not sure what the coaches see in him at this point.
The next couple of weeks should settle a lot. Still hold out hope for Brown however.
On the good side Saffold made it through the first preseason game and the depth at C is already better than last year it would appear.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not worried at all. Except about the WRs. Let's hope they got the drops out of the way.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm not concerned Angry Ram, but i do believe that our ST Ace Chase Reynolds whiffed badly on that opening kickoff.

Yeah, this is what I saw. In fact I think two rams over pursued and ran past him, .Should of been stopped early but once that happened they had great clocking.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Not to sound like a broken record or whatever cliche or whatever that's called. It's Pre-season. This game does not even reflect what our season will look like. If it matters, I really see Goff starting week 1. Keenum is a solid, solid..backup. And fuck the media! Drops mic

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Made up for it? I don't know about that. Our special teams ace made 2 special teams gaffes. And let's not pretend he didn't have his share of special teams let downs last year as well - he did.

The kid has heart - he practices his butt off - but personally I hope this is the year that the roster is just too talented to keep him around.
When I said Chase made up for his initial mistake, I was referring to his TD Reception doesn't that count in his favor!?!o_O;):D

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
When I said Chase made up for his initial mistake, I was referring to his TD Reception doesn't that count in his favor!?!o_O;):D

I figured that's what you meant - and I suppose my answer is no. Giving up TD on the opening play and not watching your toes on a perfect punt aren't made up for by catching a TD against the 3rd string D. Although I'm probably just being salty - he did run a good route and he did make the catch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Speaking of Brown... I think he's another indicator that makes me wonder if our vaunted OL coach is as good as his reputation. When he and last year's rookies reported all they could talk about was how surprising he was, and Fish or his staff gushed about him to at least one talking head (forget who, but it was mentioned on air). Then what happens? The dude is pedestrian as F and meanwhile the guy we hear nothing about (Havenstein) ends up being a MFing lynchpin in this line, where the only good games they had were when he was in the lineup.

I mean IF I were a head coach and stacking a new staff, the hire would be Bill Callahan. Boudreaux wouldn't be my second choice, either (Tice).

And believe me, I've sang the dude's praises before AND I am rooting for him to succeed. But that aside I want to see some effin production from the big uglies. I want to see, as that old adage goes, "five pennies playin as a nickel."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of Brown... I think he's another indicator that makes me wonder if our vaunted OL coach is as good as his reputation. When he and last year's rookies reported all they could talk about was how surprising he was, and Fish or his staff gushed about him to at least one talking head (forget who, but it was mentioned on air). Then what happens? The dude is pedestrian as F and meanwhile the guy we hear nothing about (Havenstein) ends up being a MFing lynchpin in this line, where the only good games they had were when he was in the lineup.

I mean IF I were a head coach and stacking a new staff, the hire would be Bill Callahan. Boudreaux wouldn't be my second choice, either (Tice).

And believe me, I've sang the dude's praises before AND I am rooting for him to succeed. But that aside I want to see some effin production from the big uglies. I want to see, as that old adage goes, "five pennies playin as a nickel."

The story was bou fought hard to get havenstein in the 2nd when they were thinking of moving back again. They knew what they were getting.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The Ram first team defense was horrible last night, against the run and pass. Does this mean anything with respect to what we'll see this season? Hard to say. To some extent the defense is a one trick pony. When that pass rush is effective (and it often is), the defense is good to great. When not, it's average to bad. Only time will tell.

By the way, I thought Goff looked fine albeit limited reps. Tavon's pitiful drop was all on him. Cooper's drop was a good defensive play. On both, Goff was on the money. Hopefully he will play three quarters or so this week. He needs reps.

On Cooper's drop, I somewhat disagree.
While it was a good hit by the DB, Cooper has to catch that pass and hang on.
If he wants to be an NFL WR, he has to hang on to that one.
I put 30% on the DB for a good hit and 70% on Cooper for not hanging on to a pass that he should have.