For our wide receiver fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Boldin, anyone!? He's still got it, and would be a great mentor to Treadwell.

Then sign Kap to one year prove it deal, and draft henry te ( after cutting cook).

BOOM!!

FRO

Legend
Boldin, anyone!? He's still got it, and would be a great mentor to Treadwell.

Then sign Kap to one year prove it deal, and draft henry te ( after cutting cook).

BOOM!!
Like it all except Kaepernick. He isn't the answer.

Athos

Legend
WR won't matter without the QB to distribute.

QB first.

Then Henry and Boyd.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Like it all except Kaepernick. He isn't the answer.

Hey Fro,

Just curious my friend as to why you are opposed to Kap?

Familiar with the division? Check
Playoff experience? Check (SB appearance)
Familiar with ground and pound, play action offense? Check
Adds the mobility dimension that Keenum showed sparingly and foles lacks? Check
Arm strength and accuracy? Check (accuracy could use a bit of work)
Cheap, one year prove it deal? Check
Familiar with Boldin? Check

My only hesitation would be injuries of late and the jimmy graham effect; as in, would our locker room be as harsh towards him as seadderal was towards graham initially? I like what he brings to the table and he is a duel threat that would fit fisher balk nicely at the qb position, not to mention that cannon he has on PA to Austin or Treadwell down the field!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think another year with the OL pretty much intact wtth a couple upgrades in the support roles and some dedication by GR and we are good on the OL
QB upgrade and 2 WR's that can play consistently better than what we have beyond Austin and Britt with one developing into a reliable every down threat and we will be much improved., ( side note on Britt he needs early targets to get his head into the game the longer he goes without the least effective he becomes. As a second option or with other threats on the outside the team will find more room to operate.)
Even as a Defensive minded coach a smart coach knows that a competent and productive offense is every bit as imperative to successful defensive as pert near any other element. A good offense rescues a D as well as vice versa. Managing the clock and keeping the D off the field the least time you are on D the least chance the opposing team has to score. Also when your O can score and put you ahead you are able to play a Defensive style that is much more pressure free and leaves your playbook more accessible.
A great Defensive head coach will incorporate a competent offense into his scheme with priority knowing it only benefiets the Defensive side of the ball.
It is time for such an active pursuance of this mindset and the evidence is clear. Lets move to rectify the obvious fundamental problem that is holding us back from success more than any other issue.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Just curious my friend as to why you are opposed to Kap?
Accuracy Issues and another inconsistent ball distributor. You can effectively play QB with bottom half talent if you have one, a system that you are capable of succeeding in and two, you are consistently making good reads and throws.
Kap suffers in part two while being exceedingly capable athletically.
Cousins suffers a bit in the first part (athletically) while being more than competent in the latter category making good throws and reads.

We need consistency or youth that is improving rapidly at the QB position so that we can play with greater consistency which will create greater overall productivity.

ViennaMax

Rookie
I saw a mock with us taking Treadwell at 15 and then trading back in at like 20 with our two seconds to grab Wentz. I'd be all aboard for this. Rock Treadwell, Britt, Austin, and re-up Welker at WR. Keenum, Mannion and Wentz at QB. Would be lovely.

would love seeing that!

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Doesn't matter who you sign or who you draft if the qb can't complete an out pattern you are going to see the same offense you saw this year.

beej

Rookie
which one of our 2 corners would you let go so that we could sign a decent WR?

fearsomefour

Legend
which one of our 2 corners would you let go so that we could sign a decent WR?
There in lies the problem.
With big, key FA on D....JJ, Johnson, Barron, McLeod, Hayes, Fairley....landing a big splashy WR in FA....that will no doubt cost too much, is not that exciting to me. This team is built through the D. I don't want to take big losses on D to sign a WR for $15M a year (or whatever a top FA WR would cost). JJ, Johnson, Barron, McLeod, Hayes, Fairley....at least three of these have to be resigned to maintain the D in my opinion. Would losing Barron, Hayes and a CB be worth bringing in a WR? Not to me.

Ram Man

Rookie
I think we all accept the Rams are not a team that will be attractive to free agent WR's this off season. Good FA WR's have choices as to where they end up. Obviously money is the most important factor. However, every year we see WR's signing based on other considerations as well. Agents and players are aware:
1. Fisher hates to throw the ball. It's hard to be a successful receiver when that is the case. Most star receivers don't want to hear about blocking most downs. They want targets.
2. Issues relating to team relocation. Enough said.
3. Small media market with flat to declining population. Consequently, Rams get little media attention and there is less local endorsement money available.
4. Bad QB situation for 2016. Starter will likely be a high draft pick (who will suck as he develops in his 1st yr.) or a recycled free agent vet (no good QB's will be available).

The Rams will need to decide on whether it is worth overpaying a good WR to come to St. Louis. The more interesting question will be whether the Rams can do a good job in signing some lower-tier free agent WR's that provide some value. Perhaps James Jones, Dontrelle Inman or Andre Holmes would be willing to sign modest deals?

FRO

Legend
I think we all accept the Rams are not a team that will be attractive to free agent WR's this off season. Good FA WR's have choices as to where they end up. Obviously money is the most important factor. However, every year we see WR's signing based on other considerations as well. Agents and players are aware:
1. Fisher hates to throw the ball. It's hard to be a successful receiver when that is the case. Most star receivers don't want to hear about blocking most downs. They want targets.
2. Issues relating to team relocation. Enough said.
3. Small media market with flat to declining population. Consequently, Rams get little media attention and there is less local endorsement money available.
4. Bad QB situation for 2016. Starter will likely be a high draft pick (who will suck as he develops in his 1st yr.) or a recycled free agent vet (no good QB's will be available).

The Rams will need to decide on whether it is worth overpaying a good WR to come to St. Louis. The more interesting question will be whether the Rams can do a good job in signing some lower-tier free agent WR's that provide some value. Perhaps James Jones, Dontrelle Inman or Andre Holmes would be willing to sign modest deals?
Point 3 is total crap. We have had no problem landing free agent targets. We beat the Dolphins for Cook and Long.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Neither of them would come here because our lack of passing. Even if we get a stud we still not going to pass that much more

We probably WOULD pass more because we would actually complete passes and keep drives alive.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
While my dream scenario is a QB in the 1st, and targets (wr/wr or wr/te) in the 2nd, I could live with getting the wr FIRST and grabbing the gem QB 2nd, and maybe moving up in the bottom of the first if necessary...that way, if we want Treadwell, or Thomas, hell both of them...Fuller or Boyd if we go QB with our 1st pick....and I'm grabbing that guy from Auburn that got kick off the team in the later rounds too...

I also think, while we don't have some serious game breakers at wide-out, I think they get a bum rep from poor QB play....

Ram Man

Rookie
Point 3 is total crap. We have had no problem landing free agent targets. We beat the Dolphins for Cook and Long.

You do not believe the Rams had to overpay to sign those 2? Jared Cook's contract is ridiculous! The Rams did not "beat" the Dolphins in signing Cook to that contract. Rather, the Rams gave Cook a contract that neither the Dolphins nor anyone else was going to come close to offering.