Football: what position would you play?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I was a RB and OLB in H.S. But my short 5'10" stature would probably move me to S/DB on defense. I ran a 4.6 back then .... not so much anymore lol

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Is that you Rico?

Haha clear over them mountains. But for real, I've always had a good arm. When I was a senior I was clocked with an 87mph fast ball. But I had little to no accuracy with a baseball. In high school I played DT/LG I was 5'10 270lbs. Shortly after high school I dropped to 180 before going into the Navy. When I was in the DEP waiting to leave I trained extremely hard. My recruiter clocked my 40 at a 4.8, so I was never close to being fast enough for anything too skillful, but if Craig Dahl could play Safety, so could I. Lol

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I should also mention, last summer I tossed a football with a buddy for the 1st time in years and I don't have that range anymore and I was sore for about 4 days after lol

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Head Coach.
And every one of you maggots would be pulling two a days, in full pads, 300 days a year!

Last edited:

Debacled

Starter
CB/WR back in high school. Would have loved to play safety/LB, but I didn't have enough sand in my pockets to really do what the coaches wanted from those positions.

Heh, still don't really. Skinny dude syndrome.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Tight end was my best position in high school. 6'1" was considered tall enough back then. I was over 200 LBS too. Heck, we didn't have anyone on the line over 250. Played some right LB and DE at times too. Coach said I had the best hands on the team. I always felt all I gotta do it get a couple fingers on the ball and I'd make the catch. I practiced a lot using my finger tips to grip on the catch.

Problem was, we didn't throw much. I blocked a lot. The QB was a great runner and usually took off running on the few pass plays. Didn't help that I wasn't very fast.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Wide receiver mostly. Kind of a Tavon Austin type player. I wasn't utilized much, tho.
Pretty sure Schotty was our OC.

GO RAMS!!!!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'm too skinny to play in the NFL. Since we are dreaming though...I'll take GM.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was on a boat trip in San Diego one holiday and we shared a table with a few others. This bloke kept saying I would make a good linebacker due to my size, so that's good enough for me. The boat trip was a disaster though, it was nigh on pitch black so you couldn't see the food they served which was more or less unedible!

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
MLB in 8th grade, going waay back. Safety and TE in HS though basketball was my sport. Dating cheerleaders was more important back then to me.......

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have never been tall enough to QB but I always had the rest of the skills. I was good at leading the receivers and seeing the field in college intramural sports flag football but I lost out to the tall 6' 4" guy that QBd in high school even though he sucked.

So the only other spot I did well in was DE despite being 165 lbs. I was good with my hands and agile. It was IMs so the opposing OLine was only 200 Lbers.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Free safety, or a danny amendola type wr.

Punter would be nice.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Haven't played a great deal, but went to tryouts at University and got put at CB by the coach because I'm short but quite fast. Couldn't join the team because practice clashed with work but if I had, it would probably have been there.

Was more of a 'soccer' player myself really ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I played Center/Nose Guard and was the deep snapper more of a Center though so that would be my position of choice and always enjoyed being a deep snapper because if they (fans) know you're a deep snapper then you're not very good.