Football: what position would you play?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
In high school I played WR, LB, CB, and TE....But I honestly hated my high school football experience (for varies reasons). I enjoyed ball in the yard more....

Naturally I am a WR. I grew up practicing route running and polishing my hands almost as much as I could with my friends. Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce were my idols growing up so I would just try to mimic there play as much as I could....Still do to this day.

Right now I am playing in a Flag Football league just for fun. It can get competitive at times but hey thats how I like it.

Still today at age 24, I am usually one of the fastest guys on the field and sure handed. And while I am not a superior athlete (ide say im solid athletically), I am confident I can outplay the average joe, and I can BLEND in with a very athletic crowd. But admittedly I have played with some superior athletic guys that are just too hard to defend for me.

I am 5'8/5'9, 175 pounds. Now currently in the best physical shape of my life, running give or take 5 miles a day, bench pressing around 300 pounds (I dont max out too much anymore because shoulder issues).

Im actually contemplating trying out for the Arena league. They hold tryouts in the winter for anymore willing.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Started out at QB from 7th grade to junior year. I played the Marshall faulk role my senior year on offense. Strong safety on defense with kick and punt return thrown in.

Declined 2 scholarships. My peak was probably senior year.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Picked up football SO ur in HS. Being 5'10", 225, I original played OL. SR yr was my time to shine, though. Moved to and started at Fullback. Didn't start pancaking and body slamming guys until I realized that I was stronger than most of the players I was going up against as I benched 245 and squatted 405. Then the fun started before we lost in the playoffs in the 2nd round.

fearsomefour

Legend
The rule (defenseless receiver) as written is moronic.
The receiver is making contact with the ball, the defender does not hot his head or lead with his own head. This is a football and nothing more.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Are you trying to get a team together @CGI_Ram?

I'm about 6'5" 320lbs so I reckon I could be the road grading run blocker your team needs.

I'm also a compulsive liar :whistle:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
In high school I played WR, LB, CB, and TE....But I honestly hated my high school football experience (for varies reasons). I enjoyed ball in the yard more....

Naturally I am a WR. I grew up practicing route running and polishing my hands almost as much as I could with my friends. Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce were my idols growing up so I would just try to mimic there play as much as I could....Still do to this day.

Right now I am playing in a Flag Football league just for fun. It can get competitive at times but hey thats how I like it.

Still today at age 24, I am usually one of the fastest guys on the field and sure handed. And while I am not a superior athlete (ide say im solid athletically), I am confident I can outplay the average joe, and I can BLEND in with a very athletic crowd. But admittedly I have played with some superior athletic guys that are just too hard to defend for me.

I am 5'8/5'9, 175 pounds. Now currently in the best physical shape of my life, running give or take 5 miles a day, bench pressing around 300 pounds (I dont max out too much anymore because shoulder issues).

Im actually contemplating trying out for the Arena league. They hold tryouts in the winter for anymore willing.
I feel like I just read a scouting report on myself lol I'm built pretty much identical. Had shoulder surgery a couple years ago so I don't like to lift as much anymore. Where do they hold these tryouts? Maybe I'll go with you :LOL:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I was a late bloomer, so I missed my chance to play anything but back yard football. When I graduated high school I was about 5'11" and lets just say somewhere between 130 and 150lbs.

I'd like to be a back up QB for the reasons that @Big Willie posted. It would require making less money, but I wouldn't mind being the guy that gets paid to photograph the cheer leaders. That's not creepy at all.
My ideal position in my prime and now would be backup QB. I would never get hit, get paid lots of money and everybody would want me to play when the starter screws up.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Didn't play football in high school just basketball. I was 6" 180lbs in my prime pretty fast with good hands. probably would have played WR but would have want to have played Saftey. Now im 6" 210 so sounds like a safety to me!

nighttrain

Legend
I played full back and middle linebacker for my high school team. I also did the punting.

I played quarterback and punted for the Wiesbaden Phantoms in Germany's 2nd league. It was semi pro but I didnt get paid.
Cool, like Playing For Pizza, John Grisham novel, only sub bratwurst
train

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
So, at your peak age/athleticism; what position would you play?

10yrs ago I was playing in an adult flag football league and was a CB. I was always among the fastest runners growing up and this was the position that seemed to fit me best.

Was that before Burgertime?

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was usually a QB in our pickup tackle games. Kind of a Tim Tebow/Chad Pennington hybrid. Arm was absolutely useless past 15 yards, but I could run over some dudes. In flag football, I always ended up a lineman because I have the maneuverability of a minivan.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
My peak fitness level...probably a slow linebacker or FB.
My fitness level in my playing days...a hole clogging DT.
The best position from a mental stand point would have been safety...but not too many safeties with my physique.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I played te for 2 years it was ok but I never liked getting tackled... I wanna be the aggressor. Last 2 years of Hs I played De. I can count on 1 hand how many tackles I missed and I was unblock able till the other teams started double trading me with a fb. Anyways I would probably be a safety in the nfl tho ball skills aren't that good but I would lay the lumber in any rb, te, qb, or wr. Lmao I remember on game the team ran an option offense. My responsibility was the qb. I hit him every play lol he started to a aah oooouuu every time I hit him. Lmao then he was like I don't even have the ball stop hitting me. I'm pretty sure he was pretty banged up after that game... probably sore for weeks

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'm 5'10 170 and was always one of the quicker guys around. I never played organized ball, but I've played a ton of backyard flag ball and I make a great receiver and DB. I have pretty long arms also so it helps getting hands on the ball. I can also throw a real pretty ball, just never played QB in a game. So I'd have to say I'd be slot CB and slot WR. I don't have the top end speed, but I'm twitchy. Same body type as Steddy B, just not rocked up.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I played safety and corner. I'm best suited as a run stuffing hard hitting safety because I lack top speed and (although it kills me to admit it) I bite too much on fake moves.

I also used to be the designated QB with my friends in concrete football. I'm getting a little old (pushing 41) but I'm still in respectable shape and working on my comeback as we speak. I'm 6'1 and a solid 200lb btw. Good size for a safety.