Football: what position would you play?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
When I played football in Junior High and High school I mainly played WR and CB. I think if I had to choose 1 position it would be CB.

I'm pretty short (I've been 5'8" since I was 13 lol) but I'm pretty quick (ran a 4.5 in High School) and have always had good hands. Had the game of my life my sophomore year.. I think it was 2007. Had 6 TD's (2 on defense) and it's still the single game school TD record. I have a newspaper clipping of an article about it somewhere around my house, I'll have to find it! Some great memories.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Kicker

Cause --- You truly don't like me but you somehow need me to win games, so knowing my role in life, and that nobody's claimed they want to be the kicker, I can safely advise that you GO FOR TWO..,,!!!!

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
If it wasn't for the fact that I played for a VERY small school (one step above 8 man football) I never would have played football. I was 5'7" and 125 pounds dripping wet but very fast. I played Safety because I loved to hit. My first love in football was running back, but I was too easy to bring down.

My best sport was baseball(made varsity as a freshman) , but I hated the coach, didn't particularly like the sport, and hated my teammates. When I was a Sophomore, I watched the track bus loading for a meet with a couple chicks I had the hots for while I was in baseball practice with a bunch of douche bags I hated.

I quit baseball that day, and joined track. I lettered track my Junior and Senior year.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Hmm...
No upper body strength.
Not quite 6'.
I am fast but injure quite easily.
Never played an actual down of football in my life.
Numerous years playing soccer.

...KICKER!!!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Played on the O-Line in college, and I would play on the O-Line in the pros. Most likely center.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The good news: I was extremely fast and quick, good hands, vision, athletic and had a 36.5 vertical jump.
The bad news: 5'8" 170lbs
I actually think i would have made a decent CB if i was even just 5"11 or 6'
The verdict: PR/WR/gadget player :(
Lots of interesting replies in here. The ALL ROD Team...has a nice ring to it!

I was a pretty good basketball player who could shoot, drive and rebound with the big boys despite my lack of height. I don't know too many white guys who at 5'8" could get fingers on a regulation rim.

Baseball/softball...could hit and run the shit out of the bases, but i'm an Error waiting to happen in the field. :)

Big Willie

Starter
My ideal position in my prime and now would be backup QB. I would never get hit, get paid lots of money and everybody would want me to play when the starter screws up.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I was a decent RB in HS and wore #45 for Jim Bertelson. I also returned punts because the coach hated me. I never had the right 'tude for football - preferred to play baseball, watch football...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I only played in HS, but I loved it...On offense I was what then was called a flanker...On defense I was a corner...Not fast but I caught everything thrown even close to me and on D they liked that I could look at hips, not heads...And I knew how to drive through the waist on a tackle...None of this pull him down, or the dreaded body block move..I was not nearly skilled enough to play above the HS level...My claim to fame was taking a guy named James McAllister out of bounds on a running play...He went on to be a RB at UCLA and had a cup of coffee with the Eagles, mostly as a return man...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Tried out for QB in high school and was placed on the JV team, which pretty much says it all. But I quit when Jimi Hendrix and my pot friends lured me away. :rockon:

I always thought the hippie chicks were hotter than the cheerleaders anyway. Electrical banana. :banana:

If I would have had the appropriate size and speed, I would love to have played linebacker for the Rams. But alas...these were the cards I was dealt. They're much better off with me as just a fan.

Kohl420

UDFA
Name
Kohl
I always played DB because I had the ball skills to catch and I also got to hit people

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm 24 lift 6 days a week and weigh a solid 195.

I play safety in flag league and wear a pinny that says ballhawk on the back lol

…..

Legend
I played full back and middle linebacker for my high school team. I also did the punting.

I played quarterback and punted for the Wiesbaden Phantoms in Germany's 2nd league. It was semi pro but I didnt get paid.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I played both Linebacker and Tight end in High School , I went to a very small school here in NW Iowa , and most starters played both sides , always called it Ironman football

I made 2nd team all conference at Linebacker on defense , but on offense , I was little more then a blocking Tight end , we ran the option offense , one halfback , two fullbacks and two tight ends , pretty much all I did was block for our half back that averaged 250 + yards a game , we maybe threw the ball 5 times a game ,

FB8_zpsdjtsk0kf.jpg

FB7_zpsvxwt15rs.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was a place kicker/punter, returned punts, and played cb/safety on defense (not starter though).

In pop Warner, I actually started at nose guard as the smallest guy on the team. That was a blast until I had to make an open field tackle on a rb weighing 40 pounds more.

I'd probably go back to cb though. But I can still boot a pretty true field goal.

Athos

Legend
Lets see, I'm under 6', slow and most importantly white. I'd be a "Wes Welker clone"

ahahahah. This. Though honestly, even in my peak (which, for cardio and knee health was 7th grade) I never had nor will I ever have, an NFL body type.

But yea, WR my shit. I like to run fast, catch shit, and dance in the EZ.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had the hands, I would have loved to play WR (I've always been a good route runner and very quick) but my hands were always inconsistent and I sucked at tracking the deep ball over my shoulder. Which limited my ability at CB too. Safety is what I mainly played back in the day.(6'2" 210 now...6'1" 180 back in HS)

But if we're talking NFL, put me at Kicker. I probably couldn't kick for shit but I don't have the talent to be out there with the pros at a skill position.

Would have loved to play QB as I've actually got touch and accuracy but I have a limp noodle for an arm.(can throw it 40 yards on a good day)