Foles to remain 'starter'...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Nick Foles will remain the Rams' starter for Week 13.

Case Keenum remains in the league's concussion protocol, and will be the No. 2 even if he's active. Devoid of weapons behind a nightmarishly bad offensive line, an extremely limited Foles isn't worth firing up even as the most contrarian of contrarian plays in DFS leagues. He'll have no shot against the Cardinals.

Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter
Dec 3 - 5:29 PM

Man! Case must have really hit that turf hard as we all saw! Hope he recovers, there is a significant Chiefs player still dealing with a concussion from like week 5, I think.

A55VA6

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/03/nick-foles-will-start-for-rams-against-cardinals/

Nick Foles will start for Rams against Cardinals
Posted by Josh Alper on December 3, 2015, 5:37 PM EST
499190158-e1449182217266.jpg

Nick Foles will ride again in Week 13.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher announced Thursday that Foles will be the team’s quarterback for Sunday afternoon’s game against the Cardinals. Foles was benched before the team’s Week 11 game, but returned to action against the Bengals last week because Case Keenum suffered a concussion in his only start of the season.

Fisher said that Keenum remains in the concussion protocol at this point, but that he could be the No. 2 against Arizona if he gets cleared between now and then. If not, Sean Mannion, who replaced Foles late in the team’s blowout loss last weekend, will again be the team’s backup.

Foles has had a miserable season running the Rams offense and enters this Sunday’s game with a 7:9 touchdown to interception ratio. A date with one of the league’s better defenses probably isn’t the ticket to turning that around, but Foles will be giving it his best shot all the same.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I guess this means that at least Mannion gets to practice with the 2nd string, right?

Athos

Legend
Over or under 3 picks this go round against the Cardinals with another sterling 0TD stat sheet.

FRO

Legend
While I would start Mannion, it's the right move to sit Keenum. Our offense sucks and with him not practicing for the most part it will suck even worse. Plus Foles had one of his better games against the Cardinals.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Damn, just think how bad that concussion must have been for him to still be unable to clear protocol nearly two weeks later. And they let him get up and keep playing.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, that's that then. No way Foles beats the Cards behind this line.

When we go into the locker room down 14 at halftime, Mannion the rest of the season?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
BTW, that sound you just heard was Jenkins firing up the old Tweet-o-bot.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I can't help but think this is setting up as the perfect upset game. Fate has given Foles a second chance, he's got to be feeling this is do or die for his career, and he has that bit of confidence of his first performance against the Cards. But before you think I'm drunk on kool-aid, this might be the ultimate cynical take -- arguably, the worst thing that can happen now is for Foles to play well down the stretch, the Rams win a couple meaningless games, and all of the sudden we're right back into the same QB limbo offseason for year #5.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, Foles has to keep starting so I can not lose a name bet...Foles has 1906 yards passing and Bradford has 2297 yards, so Foles can't stop until he gets 392 more passing yards! (It's sad, but its all I got this year..lol

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I can't help but think this is setting up as the perfect upset game. Fate has given Foles a second chance, he's got to be feeling this is do or die for his career, and he has that bit of confidence of his first performance against the Cards. But before you think I'm drunk on kool-aid, this might be the ultimate cynical take -- arguably, the worst thing that can happen now is for Foles to play well down the stretch, the Rams win a couple meaningless games, and all of the sudden we're right back into the same QB limbo offseason for year #5.
Foles second chance was against Cinci and we saw what he made of it. Anyone sign Mallett yet?
I'd stick him in there for last four.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Foles would have to get hurt to be pulled. I've never seen Fish yank a QB during game for performance. He makes his QB's play out that misery as punishment.

But if Mannion is getting #2 reps in practice the door may be opened a little to see him this year.
I'm riding out the season hoping for some things:
1) that we win the games we play on game day
2) that I get to see if Mannion is a gamer
3) that we make the playoffs and shock the world
4) that my fatty liver clears up and the doc tells me I can go back to drinking beer
Amen.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Foles will play better but I'm not sure it will matter .

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Honestly; the only reason I'd prefer Keenum over Foles is avoiding the pass rush.

Otherwise, I can't say I feel real confident with either one at this point.

But; we win. :sneaky:

MountainRam

Rookie
Foles had the best game against Cardinals. No reason to think he cannot regain it this Sunday against beat up cardinals @ home. 28-17 Rams win

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Wow. That is bad news. Get better soon, Case.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Well, that's that then. No way Foles beats the Cards behind this line.

When we go into the locker room down 14 at halftime, Mannion the rest of the season?
We will win. I want to see manion though...in mop up duty.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Keenum is in concussion protocol on Thursday, he dammed well better be inactive on game day
We're not talking about hedging bets on Ben Roethlisberger here
Mannion should be getting the lion share of snaps

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

If he plays well the rest of the season wouldn't that mean that we have a functional QB?