Foles / Bradford trade is now officially meaningless

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least Bradford was worth signing. We cut Foles, big difference. And keep in mind, we traded alot of our own premium picks to get Goff, not just that 2nd rounder.

He was worth signing, so long as the Eagles signed an expensive backup for the next couple of seasons in case he didn't work out for any reason - and paying that much for a backup showed they have serious doubts. Oh, and they traded a bunch to get their QB of the future.

I don't deny that Bradford is worth more than Foles. I don't think the difference is worth the extra money Bradford cost, and a move down from the 4th to the 5th round, AND a second round pick that made trading for the QB of the future much more expensive for them, and much less expensive for the Rams (rule of thumb - not perfect - is that a present pick is worth a pick one round higher in the next draft. And the 2016 draft was considered deep enough that it's reasonable to expect that to be the case). The money, the trade down in the 2015 draft, and the high pick in the 2016 draft is a lot to give up.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He was worth signing, so long as the Eagles signed an expensive backup for the next couple of seasons in case he didn't work out for any reason - and paying that much for a backup showed they have serious doubts. Oh, and they traded a bunch to get their QB of the future.

I don't deny that Bradford is worth more than Foles. I don't think the difference is worth the extra money Bradford cost, and a move down from the 4th to the 5th round, AND a second round pick that made trading for the QB of the future much more expensive for them, and much less expensive for the Rams (rule of thumb - not perfect - is that a present pick is worth a pick one round higher in the next draft. And the 2016 draft was considered deep enough that it's reasonable to expect that to be the case). The money, the trade down in the 2015 draft, and the high pick in the 2016 draft is a lot to give up.

They definitely gave up a lot to get him, for sure. I just don't think we won that trade, unless Goff turns into a top QB, which only time will tell.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry guys. Was wrong for painting EVERYONE with a broad brush. However there IS a huge segment of the generation where the shoe fits. Ask anyone 50 or over. Don't care too much really but it REALLY shows up in journalism sometimes. I mean where in earth did the Author get the idea that Sam-for-Foles was touted as a Blockbuster???

Mind you Sam Bradford is as block buster as a rookie has ever been !! $80 plus million .
--Foles had one of the best INT to TD years in NFL history.

-- Nick Foles got a contract extension for how much ?? The Rams will still be paying for it next seasons

What did The Rams get for for playing more games than Nick Foles ??

--What didnThe Rams give up to get Marshall Faulf ???

Pass The Blunt ....please... Yeah back in the day we couldn't get Mary J Cards.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There is no way to know if Sam had stayed we would have won more games. Im not sure how you can say that with such confidence. . If he did make it to the Green Bay game uninjured whose to say that Matthew's cheap shot doesn't lay waste of him.

I am sure The Rams would have had a better season if Bradford was the starting QB .Incould not vision it any other way.

-- I'll say right now Nick Foles made The Rams organization better. He left his mark on The Rams. Case Keenum says Nick Foles is his best friend. I think those guys helped each other out.Case is passing it down.QB's are on the same page.