Flowers to visit the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Flowers the 'top T' on multiple NFL boards
133772.jpg

Miami T Ereck Flowers is the top T on "multiple (teams) boards," according to Peter Schrager.

Schrager notes he will be mocking Flowers as the top tackle in his next installment due to this information. We are amazed some teams view Flowers as the top tackle. The positives: he plays left tackle, looks agile for his size and has the mass to produce strength. However, his set is all over the place, leading to balance issues and his tendency to hug opponents minimizes that strength.
Source: Peter Schrager on Twitter
Apr 12 - 10:27 AM

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Flowers the 'top T' on multiple NFL boards
133772.jpg

Miami T Ereck Flowers is the top T on "multiple (teams) boards," according to Peter Schrager.

Schrager notes he will be mocking Flowers as the top tackle in his next installment due to this information. We are amazed some teams view Flowers as the top tackle. The positives: he plays left tackle, looks agile for his size and has the mass to produce strength. However, his set is all over the place, leading to balance issues and his tendency to hug opponents minimizes that strength.
Source: Peter Schrager on Twitter
Apr 12 - 10:27 AM

Fucking hell, please let the Redskins take him so that we don't have to make a decision. PLEASE.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Some really good information in this post on Flowers. The fact that the Rams are without a bona fide starting RIGHT OT would make Flowers a hot subject in Ramtown. Great size for a ORT along with the physical attributes to be a way far better than Joe Barksdale in protecting our QB. Sure would fill a major HOLE in our roster.

The negative stuff is Flowers is a real reach with the #10 overall pick...lots of value in that pick & you may not ever get that value back even over the 4yr contract run. If they go with a trade down & get a couple of second day picks & then add a ORT Flowers then the Rams would have got the value in return for that selection.

Another thought here is Flowers does not have that versatility that many other top OL prospects have. Boudreau like this in his OL'ers.....Flowers sure looks like he is a ORT in the NFL & certainly not a starting OLT and may not be even an emergency back up there either. If Flowers were to fail @ ORT there is a slight chance he would fall back into the ORG post where Saffold is penciled to start.....if that were to happen it sure would make him a poor 2015 first round pick in my book.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Some really good information in this post on Flowers. The fact that the Rams are without a bona fide starting RIGHT OT would make Flowers a hot subject in Ramtown. Great size for a ORT along with the physical attributes to be a way far better than Joe Barksdale in protecting our QB. Sure would fill a major HOLE in our roster.

The negative stuff is Flowers is a real reach with the #10 overall pick...lots of value in that pick & you may not ever get that value back even over the 4yr contract run. If they go with a trade down & get a couple of second day picks & then add a ORT Flowers then the Rams would have got the value in return for that selection.

Another thought here is Flowers does not have that versatility that many other top OL prospects have. Boudreau like this in his OL'ers.....Flowers sure looks like he is a ORT in the NFL & certainly not a starting OLT and may not be even an emergency back up there either. If Flowers were to fail @ ORT there is a slight chance he would fall back into the ORG post where Saffold is penciled to start.....if that were to happen it sure would make him a poor 2015 first round pick in my book.

I think the reason Flowers gets top 20 and even top 10 buzz is that he does project to be a potential LT.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think the reason Flowers gets top 20 and even top 10 buzz is that he does project to be a potential LT.

Do you have a few of those sites who project Flowers as a starting Left OT in the NFL? These are the bad on him below but sure not glowing projections of a OLT.

Just taking two main draft sites of many out there ....
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ereck-flowers?id=2552452
&
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983585/ereck-flowers

Bottom Line
Flowers has good size and short area foot quickness, but he also features some lower body tightness and struggles to get proper depth quickly to consistently meet edge rushers. Some of Flowers' pass protection issue may be difficult to overcome. On the hand, his strength as a run blocker and ability to uproot his man and get them turned is undeniable. Flowers may be drafted as a tackle, but his best position could end up being as a guard

WEAKNESSES: Can struggle against the speed of undersized pass rushers, allowing defensive ends to cross him inside and trip up running backs in pursuit. Tendency to be a beat late off the snap in load road environments.

This middle of the road draft site has him rated as a second round value @ #34 in the top 100.
http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Dr...ollege-Right-Offensive-Tackles-2015-Draft.asp

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
"Do you have a few of those sites who project Flowers as a starting Left OT in the NFL? These are the bad on him below but sure not glowing projections of a OLT."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/04/nfl_draft_2015_ereck_flowers_to_make_pre-draft_vis.html

http://withthefirstpick.com/2015/02/04/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-ereck-flowers/

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/...reck-flowers-breakdown-offensive-tackle-miami

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/2/9/7629555/2015-nfl-draft-ereck-flowers-ot-miami-prospect-profile

-- Even if you look at the links you provided, you will see talk of him as a LT prospect who might start at RT (like many of them do - especially the Raw ones).
Ultimately, I think Flowers falls into that area of prospects ranked between 10-50 (which I know is a very wide margin - but as Peter King quoted an anonymous GM - "The 17th pick on our board might be the 53rd pick on another team’s board -- and that could be a team we really respect.")

I think you look at team fit and that is why I like Flowers to the Rams. Of course, I prefer him in a trade down scenerio - but even at 10 I like him. He is a mauler first and foremost, he has at least the natural ability to move to the LT spot if needed, he needs coaching and we have a good OL coach, he has an NFC West disposition, he seems to love football, and he works his butt off. On the downside, I think he requires at least as much patience as GRob, he looks like he will collect his share of holding flags, and he has some boom or bust to him.
I would still take Cooper or White at 10 if available - I'm on the fence on Parker and I teeter back and forth between Flowers and Scherff as my top OL prospect. And, as I do every year, I reserve the right to change to my mind multiple times between now and the draft.

Stel

Starter
I like Flowers a lot. Having he and Robinson as bookend tackles would be great.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Flowers does have a lot fans here, I sure have no issues with him starting @ ORT...fact is I would be very happy:) with him there myself. I just see no NFL OLT in him(n). To me his best NFL post is the ORT & that's not bad. We sure need a complete ORT in a very bad way.

I think we agree here ...Once again but @ #10 in the first round?o_O In a trade down :whistle:....now we are slow smoking hickory baby back ribs here;)

Stel

Starter
Flowers does have a lot fans here, I sure have no issues with him starting @ ORT...fact is I would be very happy:) with him there myself. I just see no NFL OLT in him(n). To me his best NFL post is the ORT & that's not bad. We sure need a complete ORT in a very bad way.

I think we agree here ...Once again but @ #10 in the first round?o_O In a trade down :whistle:....now we are slow smoking hickory baby back ribs here;)

I'm okay with him at #10. Depends on what else happens. Scherff is the only OL I'd take ahead of Flowers.

thehammer

Rookie
not sure if this was posted but pff on their ot rankings had Flowers 2nd best at run blocking and 12th in pass pro..only other top ot ranked in both top 10 lists was Peat, 5 pass pro and 10th in run blocking
IMO a Boudreau "mold" type of player..and as another poster said sure would help the running game playing next to Saffold