Flowers to visit the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not sure if it means he's really stupid or if the CBA is so simple only a fool would hire an agent, but he is negotiating without one...His dad, a former NFL? player is helping him...

I don't think I would use an agent to negotiate my rookie contract either.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't think I would use an agent to negotiate my rookie contract either.
He probably doesn't want his 20 year old son to be taken, by a smooth talking agent, who is only trying to make money for himself. Plus, with the CBA, your base is pretty much covered. 2nd contract, and after, different deal all together.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@DR RAM good stuff...I heard about the setting the stage for 4 years later about 2 weeks ago, and thought thats pretty smart...I think it was when they signed Ayers or Fairly....

I still hope they can get Flowers & a Cann or Marpet...Maybe Donovan Smith...Best player stays at T, the other goes to RG....maybe that workout stud from Florida St...name slips me now...

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Sometimes it's best to see with your OWN eyes...

I've seen enough of Scherff to know what he is. He struggles with speed rushers because of his tight hips, which is why everyone says he's best suited at Guard. But to say he can't pass block just isn't true at all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@DR RAM good stuff...I heard about the setting the stage for 4 years later about 2 weeks ago, and thought thats pretty smart...I think it was when they signed Ayers or Fairly....

I still hope they can get Flowers & a Cann or Marpet...Maybe Donovan Smith...Best player stays at T, the other goes to RG....maybe that workout stud from Florida St...name slips me now...

I believe Donovan Smith has the wool pulled over everyone's eyes in this draft. He really is not that good, and for some reason the lazy moniker has not come out on him, maybe because of his offseason work this year but he was never a great practice guy at PSU. I always thought he played lazy and slow. The potential was never reached.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anything I see a few holding calls....and while rough, it's much better than getting constantly blown back & run by. It's like no one remembers Pace and how raw he was...even Saffold wasn't a finished product. The guy has unteachable skills, athleticism, and POWER. If we wanna run the ball, when teams know it's coming (3rd and 2, 4th and inches, goal line situations) we need players like Flowers...Not Scherff..Pass blocking will come with work..Lets get Slater to come out and work with him...

Scherff and Clemmings both are better run blockers. What are you talking about?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He can't block in pass pro, and he misses way too many blocks, but especially blocks in space. I think those would be pretty good reasons.

Flowers is just as bad. His technique is dreadful and it will get him abused in the NFL. Scherff certainly has his limitations and issues but he's more pro ready than Flowers. He just should end up at OG because he can be great there. At OT, he won't be great due to his pass blocking.

But Flowers? I'm not even sold the guy can play OG.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe Donovan Smith has the wool pulled over everyone's eyes in this draft. He really is not that good, and for some reason the lazy moniker has not come out on him, maybe because of his offseason work this year but he was never a great practice guy at PSU. I always thought he played lazy and slow. The potential was never reached.

I couldn't draft him. He looked out of shape and poorly conditioned when I watched him. You could see his technique getting worse as the game went on because he was tiring. I wouldn't trust the kid...at least not where people want to draft him. Like Jarvis Harrison, if we're talking the late 4th round...that's one thing. But the early third or even the second? That's another.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Flowers is just as bad. His technique is dreadful and it will get him abused in the NFL. Scherff certainly has his limitations and issues but he's more pro ready than Flowers. He just should end up at OG because he can be great there. At OT, he won't be great due to his pass blocking.

But Flowers? I'm not even sold the guy can play OG.
He should be more ready. Flowers has only played 2 years, and is only 20 years old. You can have Scherff, I don't want him. He misses too many blocks...period. There are way more guys with better value anyway.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Scherff and Flowers are damn near undraftable for me because of the reasons that DR and jrry respectively said better than I ever could. I'd rather take Winston. I'd rather take DGB with the #10 overall pick than either of them. I can't justify a pick for either of them, and they sure as hell aren't going in the third round, where I'd take them. Neither of them are right tackles, and if we're talking guards, I'd much rather have A.J. Cann in the second or Jamil Douglas in the fourth or fifth than either Scherff or Flowers in the first.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
None of us really know at what point they are hoping to acquire him, if at all. Third round? Sure. Tenth overall? No thank you. Second round? Probably. Late first? Maybe.

I think there are better options though. He may have the best physical package at ORT but does he have the head? Most likely that is what they are trying to figure out with the visit. Maybe they want to talk more football. I don't think they are allowed to work players out during the 30 visits. But they can certainly talk to them.

I like Flowers better than Clemmings. Clemmings redefines raw. He has way too far to go IMO.

I'm shocked right now. I do not believe people have watched both Clemmings and Flowers if they want to knock Clemmings for being raw and take Flowers over him.

Here's how the two players break down:
Physical Talent
Power/Overall Strength - Clemmings
Lower Body Strength - Clemmings
Upper Body Strength - Flowers
Movement Skills - Clemmings
Balance - Clemmings
Coordination - Clemmings
Lateral Agility - Clemmings
Height - Flowers
Weight - Flowers
Arm Length - Clemmings
Hand Size - Clemmings

Run Blocking
Drive Blocking/Push - Clemmings
Blocking on the Move - Clemmings
Blocking in Space - Clemmings
Blocking on the Second Level - Flowers
Mean Streak/Motor - Push
Technique - Flowers
Leverage - Clemmings
Punch - Clemmings

Pass Blocking
Kick-Slide - Clemmings
Range - Clemmings
Redirect/Counter - Push
Punch/Hand Use - Clemmings
Bend/Flexibility - Clemmings
Footwork - Clemmings
Anchor - Flowers

For all the crap Clemmings gets for being raw, Flowers is FAR more raw in pass protection. I don't understand how people can knock Clemmings for it and then ignore it with Flowers.

And not just is Flowers more raw but he's an inferior physical talent.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm shocked right now. I do not believe people have watched both Clemmings and Flowers if they want to knock Clemmings for being raw and take Flowers over him.

Physical Talent
Balance - Clemmings
Coordination - Clemmings
Height - Flowers
Weight - Flowers
Arm Length - Clemmings
Hand Size - Clemmings

Run Blocking
Mean Streak/Motor - Push
Technique - Flowers
Leverage - Clemmings
Punch - Clemmings

Pass Blocking
Kick-Slide - Clemmings
Range - Clemmings
Redirect/Counter - Push
Footwork - Clemmings
Anchor - Flowers

For all the crap Clemmings gets for being raw, Flowers is FAR more raw in pass protection. I don't understand how people can knock Clemmings for it and then ignore it with Flowers.

Thank you! Clemmings is far more worthy of a top ten pick than Flowers. Honestly, Jon Feliciano at guard is worth more than Ereck Flowers at right tackle at this point.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should be more ready. Flowers has only played 2 years, and is only 20 years old. You can have Scherff, I don't want him. He misses too many blocks...period. There are way more guys with better value anyway.

Scherff is plenty ready...he just doesn't have the skill-set to thrive at LT. But I'd take him in a second over Flowers. Whether or not the guy is young, his technique is atrocious and his feet scare the hell out of me. They don't look coordinated which has led to balance issues with him. So when you combine his non-existent hand use/punch with uncoordinated feet and questionable balance...you have a major problem with NFL DEs.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

Physical Talent
Balance - Clemmings
Coordination - Clemmings
Height - Flowers
Weight - Flowers
Arm Length - Clemmings
Hand Size - Clemmings

Run Blocking
Mean Streak/Motor - Push
Technique - Flowers
Leverage - Clemmings
Punch - Clemmings

Pass Blocking
Kick-Slide - Clemmings
Range - Clemmings
Redirect/Counter - Push
Footwork - Clemmings
Anchor - Flowers

Flowers is definitely going to need more work IMO. The team that drafts him pretty much needs to mold him from scratch.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've read bad reports about all these tackles . Seems to me it's Peat or bust if we want a plug and play RT if we're not gonna draft him at 10 we better resign Barksdale or its gonna be a long year fo Foles. If we trade down much past 10 were gonna end up with a raw RT getting Foles killed all year according to most on here

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I've read bad reports about all these tackles . Seems to me it's Peat or bust if we want a plug and play RT if we're not gonna draft him at 10 we better resign Barksdale or its gonna be a long year fo Foles. If we trade down much past 10 were gonna end up with a raw RT getting Foles killed all year according to most on here
Don't believe it. There are guys that you can plug and play. Not all can play both ends, and you don't have to get a guy in the 1st round if you want a ORT either.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I have posted many times about my dislike for Clemmings and Scherff at 10 but I would gladly take them before I would choose Flowers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think that's necessarily true. Rookies are rookies. You'll have growing pains. Which is why I'd prefer we got Barksdale back cheap and tried to develop a guy for the future. But there are RTs in this class that can step in and play well enough. You'll have mistakes but that'll happen with 95% of rookies.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmm, I wanna bookmark this page...after measurables you have to look at the players...I really thought Clemmings was a PLAYER...I did...Then came senior bowl WEEK...in one on one drills, he looked like a child...And yea, I'm holding that against him...some of the best comp & he doesn't show up....OK...so he shouldn't even be IN this conversation.
Flowers & Sherff & Peat & Collins...pretty much all assumed 1st round talent...two are considered to be better PRO GUARDS...and I'd agree with that....And outta those two, I like Collins the best...Just look at the film, who he played. He is a true mauler in the run game. Probably because of the type of competition he went against in practice.
Flowers & Peat...and for just interest I'll add Humphries...I kinda like Humphries...Not a great run blocker, but outstanding feet. Moves very well and looks like he can get so much better. My only hang-up on this kid, he doesn't run block like these others...Dilemma indeed...Snisher says we are to be a run first team...That's the key...What is the identity of the 2015 Rams? What will produce wins that will lead to the playoffs? Run first says you look at the other 4 prospects (the superior run blockers) at #10....so Flowers & Peat...Something about Peat...is he as quick as Flowers? He definitely has better technique at this time..but no where near the power or tenacity......IDK..I'll let Snisher figure it out...
#10 is a little rich for all these players...Hopefully we trade back and can still grab one with an extra pick. I like a few OT's later...Donovan Smith is one...@Elmgrovegnome was the first to say how lazy this guy was at Penn St....But at the Senior Bowl practices, he was a man out there...I liked him the best followed by Ali Marpet..but since we all have our preferences, we'll have to agree to disagree...And until the season starts, we won't know who is the best amateur GM.....should be fun...
Oh...last thing, you don't take guards at #10....you also don't take slot wr's, but that tale is for another day.......LOL

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hmmmm, I wanna bookmark this page...after measurables you have to look at the players...I really thought Clemmings was a PLAYER...I did...Then came senior bowl WEEK...in one on one drills, he looked like a child...And yea, I'm holding that against him...some of the best comp & he doesn't show up....OK...so he shouldn't even be IN this conversation.

It's completely the opposite. You should be looking at the players...not the measurables.

I'm not concerned about Clemmings's Senior Bowl week. There's plenty of games out there that show me what type of player he is. He's in this conversation. And it seems the Rams agree.

Bookmark this page. Bring it up again at the end of Clemmings's third year.

Oh...last thing, you don't take guards at #10....you also don't take slot wr's, but that tale is for another day.......LOL

You do take OGs at #10. And if the slot WR is great enough, you take him too.

A lot of people would say that you don't take a RT at #10. I don't agree with that either.

Talent is talent.