Flowers to visit the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Report: OL Flowers will visit NYJ, CLE, STL
133772.jpg

Miami OL Ereck Flowers will visit the Jets, Browns, Rams and Colts, according to Charlie Campbell.

Previous visits to the Panthers and Bucs were also mentioned. Some view Flowers as a right tackle, but he has not played the spot since his true freshman season. Flowers is all over the place with his set, but the NFL likely sees a long, big and strong tackle. A top 50 selection seems like a forgone conclusion.
Source: Walter Football
Apr 5 - 10:19 AM

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude is a monster. Running behind him and Saffold on the right side would be the sickness.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not that Torry Holt is all of a sudden a pro personnel expert or anything - but Big Game has him as the 2nd best O Lineman in the draft.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not that Torry Holt is all of a sudden a pro personnel expert or anything - but Big Game has him as the 2nd best O Lineman in the draft.

I have to completely disagree with Torry on this one. Second worst, maybe. Second most overrated, definitely. I don't know why people think this kid is some kind of monster; he's barely a second rounder, and if he's at tackle, then he's less than a sixth rounder. He's just so horrible in pass-protection. He makes Jason Smith look like he's the next coming of Orlando Pace. He makes Alex Barron look like the second coming of Jackie Slater.

Does Snisher hate Nick Foles? Do they want him to die?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@DraftCountdown: One prospect who is going to come off the board earlier than most expect is Miami (FL) OT Ereck Flowers. Top 10 Overall?

@OmarKelly Mike Mayock said Ereck Flowers "is big, long, he's got great feet." He envisions Flowers as a "Pro Bowl right tackle. He's raw."

@SullyFootball Someone is going to draft Ereck Flowers and hate themselves

I do love the really polarizing guys. There aren't many prospects that some of us like at #10 overall that others of us wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

After the draft, one side of the argument will feel a touch vindicated one way or the other - but the argument really won't be settled for several years.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
where's Barksdale?

Good question. I wonder if the Rams have told him that they will resume talks after the draft - or maybe Barksdales camp wants to wait until after the draft. There sure doesn't seem to be a lot of urgency.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You have to see his potential, and upside, to be a believer in him. But he's a starting RT, all day long. who has a high ceiling. He's not a top 10 pick, but in a trade down, he's a good pick.

Very nasty player, plays hard all the time, always looks for the next block, always tries to keep play alive, can, and has, played both sides, are some of my positive notes on him.

Bad hand placement, slide step inconsistent, can struggle against little, fast guys, are some of my negative notes on him.

Last edited:

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
@DraftCountdown: One prospect who is going to come off the board earlier than most expect is Miami (FL) OT Ereck Flowers. Top 10 Overall?

@OmarKelly Mike Mayock said Ereck Flowers "is big, long, he's got great feet." He envisions Flowers as a "Pro Bowl right tackle. He's raw."

@SullyFootball Someone is going to draft Ereck Flowers and hate themselves

Flowers scares the hell out of me though. Coaches pretty much have to mold him from scratch.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Flowers scares the hell out of me though. Coaches pretty much have to mold him from scratch.

The Rams coaches have a full year of experience doing that. It was painful to see the #2 overall pick sit the bench in the early goings but G Rob was well worth the wait. I feel like Flowers will be as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
From a coaches eyes.. that is not a bad thing.

It's a horrible thing when they need a right tackle who can play right now, when they have nothing except Saffold as an option there. I hate Flowers at right tackle with #10. I don't even like him much as a second round guard. He's just way, way too unrefined to play anywhere on the line at a decent level for the next two years and has enormous potential to bust.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I like the kid a lot...have watched everyone of his games at least twice. ....some three times.....now this is just my opinion but I believe he will be a starter day one at right tackle....he has the feet and athleticism to some day play left tackle at a high level.....and I could see him being a great right tackle. .....by year two....but your right 10 is too high...but 15 on he would be a nice pick up. Just my opinion. ;)

Go Rams......... ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would be a colossal mistake to take Flowers in the first round.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a horrible thing when they need a right tackle who can play right now, when they have nothing except Saffold as an option there. I hate Flowers at right tackle with #10. I don't even like him much as a second round guard. He's just way, way too unrefined to play anywhere on the line at a decent level for the next two years and has enormous potential to bust.

Rams aren't going to take Flowers at 10. Snead knows he's got some technique issues in pass pro. He will be part of the reason they look for a trade down if Scherff isn't there at 10 because you can add him to the list of other OT options who are better run blockers than pass blockers as of right now.

For the record I don't like them taking Collins at 10 either. I don't like them taking any other OL other than Scherff there. If I'm GM it's Scherff or trade down depending on which WR is there. If I go WR there at 10 I trade back up into the first round to get one of those OTs of which Flowers is an option.

RTs aren't the greatest pass blockers, that's why they're on the right side IMO.