Fisher says there will be change...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Just throwing this out there. I think Brian Quick and Kenny Britt would be studs with Jay Cutler tossing them the ball.
But I y think they will be Studs with Bradford. I loved that throw to Quick in the Browns game before he got injured. A Lazer and Quick snagged it out the air.

lockdnram21

Legend
I am not a fan of Cutler either, but I have to admit he can be a solid option to provide stability at the position while they groom the next QB of the future. If they bring him in with a deal that provides a favorable cap number for them in trade with the Bears, they would look a lot better:

Bradford>Cutler>Davis>Draftee

is soooo much better than...

Bradford>Hill>Davis>Draftee

Cutler would basically provide two immediate things we wouldn't have otherwise... Legit competition for Bradford, and a starting level talent at backup for when Bradford gets hurt.

My only fear with that approach is that the Rams don't push for QB in those first few rounds. I want a drafted QB with high end talent, even if he's a project. If they don't get one in the first few rounds--even after adding a vet like Cutler--I'm gonna be irritated.
Cutter is not going to be here with Bradford that's to much money on Qb

Big Willie

Starter
I just don't see how you can spread them out or be more aggressive with a couple of weaklings like Hill and Davis under center. It's not even an option. Rams had no other choice but to do what they did. When they tried it never lasted even with balance. When it was nothing but passing in garbage time, it was embarrassing more times than not. You talk about options, I say what options? Give Hill options and he'll find a way to freak it up eventually. That goes double for Davis.

I know what your saying, OL needs some fixes, but there wasn't many options after Sam went down. It would have only got uglier.
We don't disagree. I am simply saying what I think their plan is for the offense and you are explaining why you think it didn't work in the past. Whether it will work is a different discussion. The NFL is clearly a passing league with many more aggressive offenses than it had in the past. To win, teams need to consistently score more than 24 points. The Rams need a more consistent QB. The Rams need a better OL. We all agree those are the glaring issues.

ram007

Starter
Everything is based on having the right trigger man. I didn't say it would work. I simply said they have the component of an explosive offense, and I stand by that statement. They have speed at WR. They have size at WR. They have speed and quickness at RB. They have size and speed at TE. They have a crap OL and inconsistencies at QB. They will work to fix the OL this offseason. (They are already distancing themselves from JLong and Saffold is getting his shoulder red ones). The last piece of the puzzle is who will be their QB.

I would like an offense that works like that. Would be much more fun to watch the game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We don't disagree. I am simply saying what I think their plan is for the offense and you are explaining why you think it didn't work in the past. Whether it will work is a different discussion. The NFL is clearly a passing league with many more aggressive offenses than it had in the past. To win, teams need to consistently score more than 24 points. The Rams need a more consistent QB. The Rams need a better OL. We all agree those are the glaring issues.

I'm sure the play calling would have been quite a bit different with Sam. But also a lot of throws would have been made on the plays that were called. It's just such a mess and I'm glad that season is over.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Because, in my eccentric opinion, these must be posted here:

And not quite SFW:

Big Willie

Starter
I'm sure the play calling would have been quite a bit different with Sam. But also a lot of throws would have been made on the plays that were called. It's just such a mess and I'm glad that season is over.
Tampa Bay is a mess. Oakland is a mess. Washington is a hot mess. The Rams....not where we all want them to be, but well short of a mess. And I never want the season to end....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I like that Fisher is expecting to make SIGNIFICANT changes... whether it's with Schotty or not, it won't be -3 yards and a cloud of despair..., running it for 5....getting a False Start...then throwing it for 8 yards on 3rd and 13...

dang...had a little tightness in my chest...that 3 and out hit a little too close to home, I guess...

I don't want the most exciting part of our offense to be watching Johnny Hekker. Hopefully, Fisher is talking about that.

I think Fisher saw the scheduled opponents and went, "Holy Crap"....

Our Strength of Schedule for next year includes teams with an avg winning ratio of .550. That's tough. We're also playing FOUR playoff teams at home (Arizona, Seattle, Detroit, Pittsburgh) and FIVE playoff teams on the road (Arizona, Seattle, Green Bay, Baltimore, Cincinnati).

Of the sixteen games we play, only THREE are against teams with records worse than ours (Tampa, Chicago, Washington). Other than the Seven playoff teams which account for NINE games, the rest TWO include an eight win team (SFx2), and TWO against seven win teams (Cleveland, Minnesota).

I think, frankly it's a HARDER schedule than this year's schedule.

So, while I think our D will be better as our younger player's improve and they get better in the Williams scheme, it won't be enough if the Offense doesn't improve...dramatically.

And I think Fisher's pretty clear on that...

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Line him up in the shotgun, if he's in we're probably screwed anyway. But he's capable of being the emergency QB if we were to lose two in a game.

I think we need 3 qbs, if we only have two and they both go down with a long term injury we're left with Hekker for our qb if and until we can sign someone or take one from another teams practice squad. And no one knows who would be out there in the event that happened we'd be screwed.

Athos

Legend
JT just tweeted that Fisher has said Schotty will be back and he is an outstanding playcaller.

:sick:

You can saw Shotty is average. You can get away with solid. Outstanding? Hell naw, dawg.

View: https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/550030398697111552

Never mind. I saw that you said never mind and that you found it.

Part of me would too. Dude has his money. With 4 knee injuries myself......gotta say, knee injuries are among the worst, especially when it gets chronic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
:sick:

You can saw Shotty is average. You can get away with solid. Outstanding? Hell naw, dawg.

Part of me would too. Dude has his money. With 4 knee injuries myself......gotta say, knee injuries are among the worst, especially when it gets chronic.
Maybe you should get some Chronic to cope with your knee injuries.
And your spelling. :p

Athos

Legend
Maybe you should get some Chronic to cope with your knee injuries.
And your spelling. :p

:ROFLMAO:

Gotta love what happens to grammar and spelling once your brain gets fried with a day of BS.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Why are the Rams playing Green Bay? That is just BS.
No, Schotty had nothing to do with this one...

In all seriousness though, the entire NFC West plays each other NFC division once every three years, and this year, the NFC West plays the NFC North. And apparently, last time the two teams played, it was in St. Louis.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Just to link it...

Of course, given the record of Fisher sticking by what he said, the odds of dumping Schotty may have just gone up. ;)

What was Fisher saying about Walton this time last year?
I really cannot believe Fisher thinks Shottenheimer is an outstanding play-caller.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Sounds like a change in philosophy since he said *overall scheme* and not offensive or defensive schemes in particular.
I think he misses Eddie George and Steve McNair. Those two guys gave him a ton of flexibility in the way he ran his offense.
Mason is a really good back. He needs a QB like McNair in the worst possible way.
Your forgetting te frank wycheck as well who was McNairs go to outlet

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Your forgetting te frank wycheck as well who was McNairs go to outlet
I don't think he needs a Wycheck more than he needs a QB though. I didn't forget about him or Kevin Dyson. Just focusing on who/what he needs to get over the hump.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sounds like a change in philosophy since he said *overall scheme* and not offensive or defensive schemes in particular.
I think he misses Eddie George and Steve McNair. Those two guys gave him a ton of flexibility in the way he ran his offense.
Mason is a really good back. He needs a QB like McNair in the worst possible way.

Hundley looks like a great fit for this team in that regard. Second round isn't much of a reach for him, some say otherwise. I only watched his highlights.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hundley looks like a great fit for this team in that regard. Second round isn't much of a reach for him, some say otherwise. I only watched his highlights.
I have no idea. I like a lot of different QBs for different reasons, but there's obviously no guarantee any of them will pan out. When listening to Fisher's end-of-year presser today, he mentioned - specifically - that if you want to get immediate results with a QB, or make an immediate impact, you have to go to free agency. And that college QBs are good to develop if you have that luxury (like NE), but you can't count on them to run an offense. You see them looking to the sidelines for the play, and they're not making reads or calling audibles, or making adjustments. They're just getting information from the OC and calling that play in the huddle or at the line. I really don't want that to be the case next year, because that's too much of a gamble for a team whose window is just now opening. I mean, anything's possible, but I like the odds of getting a veteran QB some way.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't think he needs a Wycheck more than he needs a QB though. I didn't forget about him or Kevin Dyson. Just focusing on who/what he needs to get over the hump.
True and i agree fisher needs a durable atleast semi mobile qb to help his run game grow. Which in turn will improve the pass game