Fisher says there will be change...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No idea what that guy could do in the NFL, and I don't know that Fisher would bank on a rookie to get them over the hump.
Cutler is the only guy that even comes close to giving him what he needs out of a QB (mobility, strong arm) like McNair.
Unless I'm missing someone that will come available. Any ideas/suggestions on a veteran who fits the bill like McNair?
I dont. Other than, of course, Cutler.
I just don't see him coming with Bradford on the roster.
I was completely against Cutler a week ago.
I'm starting to warm up to it after the Seattle game.
I'd even be ok with Winston at this point.
Desperation can certainly change ones point of view.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I dont. Other than, of course, Cutler.
I just don't see him coming with Bradford on the roster.
I was completely against Cutler a week ago.
I'm starting to warm up to it after the Seattle game.
I'd even be ok with Winston at this point.
Desperation can certainly change ones point of view.
I don't see it either (as the situation stands today). But I can't see how he's going to get over the hump without a legitimate quarterback. Maybe it will be Winston. I dunno. I'm the biggest Bradford honk and defender in the universe, but I don't see it happening with him anymore. There isn't a fiber in my body that believes he's going to make it through an entire season next year. And even if he did, his confidence in his own ability to absorb a hit has to be shredded at this point. Such a shame too. He's got everything you want in a QB from a talent and personality perspective. He just landed in the absolute worst situation imaginable as a rookie.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't see it either (as the situation stands today). But I can't see how he's going to get over the hump without a legitimate quarterback. Maybe it will be Winston. I dunno. I'm the biggest Bradford honk and defender in the universe, but I don't see it happening with him anymore. There isn't a fiber in my body that believes he's going to make it through an entire season next year. And even if he did, his confidence in his own ability to absorb a hit has to be shredded at this point. Such a shame too. He's got everything you want in a QB from a talent and personality perspective. He just landed in the absolute worst situation imaginable as a rookie.
Meh, he's rebounded from injuries enough times now I don't think he fears it...the 2 knees weren't the only two injuries he's sustained so I think at this point he probably has more frustration than a confidence issue. JMO

Sum1

Hall of Fame
JT just tweeted that Fisher has said Schotty will be back and he is an outstanding playcaller.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
JT just tweeted that Fisher has said Schotty will be back and he is an outstanding playcaller.
Just to link it...

Of course, given the record of Fisher sticking by what he said, the odds of dumping Schotty may have just gone up. ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Meh, he's rebounded from injuries enough times now I don't think he fears it...the 2 knees weren't the only two injuries he's sustained so I think at this point he probably has more frustration than a confidence issue. JMO
Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but he was just reported as saying he entertained the thought of "being done." That could be frustration, but it also could be the uncertainty that he would make it through an entire season without getting injured again.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm a huge fan of Sam as well.
It's frustrating to think that the best thing for the team would be a new direction at qb.
Every time he takes a hit, I worry about him getting up.

Idk. Maybe his luck will take a turn for the better.
I would like nothing more, then for Sam to come back and light it up for the next few years.

September can't get here soon enough.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm a huge fan of Sam as well.
It's frustrating to think that the best thing for the team would be a new direction at qb.
Every time he takes a hit, I worry about him getting up.

Idk. Maybe his luck will take a turn for the better.
I would like nothing more, then for Sam to come back and light it up for the next few years.

September can't get here soon enough.
Agree with all of that.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but he was just reported as saying he entertained the thought of "being done." That could be frustration, but it also could be the uncertainty that he would make it through an entire season without getting injured again.
Where was that reported?

Nevermind, just saw it.

Sounds like that was right after the injury...not sure what to make of that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If one of those changes is the HC being held responsible for the team's record I'm on board.
He IS ultimately responsible, which is why i think his comments are encouraging. It's not like he said "We're fine. Things just didn't work out. We'll keep plugging away at it."

@Rams and Gators I get it. You're done with Fisher. Judging by your posts you've been done since around week 8. I'm disappointed in 6-10 too, but I also remember those 15-65 teams before Fish came in here. That was futile. No one knows if Fisher is the right guy to take us to the promised land, but believe it or not there has been progress here. There's talent on this roster, and a team that's competitive with a chance to win every week.

I'm not going to excuse Fisher for the mistakes he's made either. To be desperately searching and praying for a legit QB going into year four was NOT part of the plan. For me he gets five years to get us to a playoff game. He was brought in to resurrect a dead team and win a Super Bowl. In my mind he's accomplished half of that.

but believe it or not there has been progress here. There's talent on this roster, and a team that's competitive with a chance to win every week.

I have no doubt about that, but I also think we would have improved with Spags and Devaney, outside of busting on every pick it would have been close to impossible not to improve, the question shouldn't be a binary have we improved? Yes/no. It should be have we improved enough? I'm sure everyone has an opinion on that question.

For me he gets five years to get us to a playoff game.

That's my fear, at that point you're looking at having to replace Brockers, Jenkins, Johnson, and you're looking at a 31 year old Chris Long. If he can't do it in 4 I see no reason to believe he could then do it in 5, unless the plan is to draft a raw rookie QB who's going to be thrown in next year.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
He IS ultimately responsible, which is why i think his comments are encouraging. It's not like he said "We're fine. Things just didn't work out. We'll keep plugging away at it."

@Rams and Gators I get it. You're done with Fisher. Judging by your posts you've been done since around week 8. I'm disappointed in 6-10 too, but I also remember those 15-65 teams before Fish came in here. That was futile. No one knows if Fisher is the right guy to take us to the promised land, but believe it or not there has been progress here. There's talent on this roster, and a team that's competitive with a chance to win every week.

I'm not going to excuse Fisher for the mistakes he's made either. To be desperately searching and praying for a legit QB going into year four was NOT part of the plan. For me he gets five years to get us to a playoff game. He was brought in to resurrect a dead team and win a Super Bowl. In my mind he's accomplished half of that.

I'd give him 5 if he finishes with 10 wins next year. Anything less than that and I think it's got to be time to show him the door. Fisher and this staff have seen it all after 3 years now. They've lost their Star QB to injury, they've played without multiple key pieces on the defense, they've suffered plenty of injuries along the O-line, receivers and backs have been lost to injury and ineffectiveness. There should be nothing they aren't prepared to handle capably.

If they fall flat again next year, I don't think anyone will buy any excuses. Then again I don't think they've ever tried to make any for their performance; much to their credit.

ram007

Starter
Fisher is playing to the crowd when he Says there will be QB competition for Bradford and changes are coming etc.. He is feeling some heat to his job after 3 years. There are no changes going into 4th year that will help any coaching staff or players. Sam Bradford, Schotty and Fisher, they will be all either enter 2016 year as Rams OR All three will be NOT be representing this team in 2016 whether we like it or not. So 2015 is it for all three. Now let's go. When does the off season start again?

ram007

Starter
I think they go back to the type of offense they tried at the beginning of the 2013 season, now that they have seasoned playmakers in Austin, Britt, Bailey, Quick, Cook, and backs who can catch and pick up the blitz in Cunningham and Mason. With better blocking and Bradford at the helm, I believe they have the components of an explosive offense.

The players you mentioned are all average or above average players. Rams don't have a superstar QB or a superstar caliber WRs. It will not work!

See Chip kelly. Everybody thought any QB can rip in his system with kelly calling plays and weapons they have and the scheme they run. Then Sanchez took over and it they came down to earth. If Eagles are not completely successful what makes you think Rams will be successful in a spread offense. It is a disaster waiting to happen if Rams try it

ram007

Starter
Cousins. After that Cutler.

The Giants aren't going to dump Eli and the Steelers aren't going to get rid of Rapelisburger so those possibilities to me have always been nothing more than interweb pipe dreams.

Cousins is going to want to have a chance to play football, not sit behind someone with inferior ability and frankly while Gruden was ballsy to bench Griffin he won't do it again as long as Snyder owns that team.

I see the Rams offering a fair package to WASH and getting a deal done.

@blackbart I agree BW3 is WAY over rated.......

Eli not happening

Ben is going to Arz. His father figure coaches there. he is not leaving steelers though

Cousins? No thanks. I would role the dice with Hoyer

Cutler? Without other options, this would be my last

Big Willie

Starter
The players you mentioned are all average or above average players. Rams don't have a superstar QB or a superstar caliber WRs. It will not work!

See Chip kelly. Everybody thought any QB can rip in his system with kelly calling plays and weapons they have and the scheme they run. Then Sanchez took over and it they came down to earth. If Eagles are not completely successful what makes you think Rams will be successful in a spread offense. It is a disaster waiting to happen if Rams try it
Everything is based on having the right trigger man. I didn't say it would work. I simply said they have the component of an explosive offense, and I stand by that statement. They have speed at WR. They have size at WR. They have speed and quickness at RB. They have size and speed at TE. They have a crap OL and inconsistencies at QB. They will work to fix the OL this offseason. (They are already distancing themselves from JLong and Saffold is getting his shoulder redone). The last piece of the puzzle is who will be their QB.

Last edited: