Fisher says there will be change...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Just throwing this out there. I think Brian Quick and Kenny Britt would be studs with Jay Cutler tossing them the ball.

Quick looked like a stud with Davis throwing him the ball, and Britt the same with Hill throwing him the ball. But yes, they could look even better with a better QB throwing to them.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I didn't want Cutler before, and I'm still not a Cutler "fan", but we need a healthy QB, and if Bradford can't be that, Cutler seems to the best available and he will help us win games. For the right price I'll do it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would be fine with Cutler if we can get him at a fair enough price. Gives Sam more time to heal (assuming he is back) and is a plug in starter FAR more talented than what we had starting this year. We can then focus on OL and other positions in the draft and fortify those areas. Not going to lie, I can see visions of Cutler to Britt, Quick and Austin all day long if given time. All. Day. Long. Can you imagine Tavon with a QB who can actually get it to him deep on those 9 routes??? Who is going to stay with him that long? Better cal Deion....

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I would be fine with Cutler if we can get him at a fair enough price. Gives Sam more time to heal (assuming he is back) and is a plug in starter FAR more talented than what we had starting this year. We can then focus on OL and other positions in the draft and fortify those areas. Not going to lie, I can see visions of Cutler to Britt, Quick and Austin all day long if given time. All. Day. Long. Can you imagine Tavon with a QB who can actually get it to him deep on those 9 routes??? Who is going to stay with him that long? Better cal Deion....

It really does excite me to think about cutler and tavon! Cutlers gun and Tavons speed would be very hard to defend.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Quick looked like a stud with Davis throwing him the ball, and Britt the same with Hill throwing him the ball. But yes, they could look even better with a better QB throwing to them.

Sounds so simple when you phrase it like that. :ROFLMAO:

I'm talking Pro Bowl level for Quick.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
As others have said on here I love they Idea of bringing in Shannahan and Cutler. if we could get both. With a few upgrades on the Oline and our talented RBs in his system I can see a superbowl in the very near future. Please Snisher make this happen!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am not a fan of Cutler either, but I have to admit he can be a solid option to provide stability at the position while they groom the next QB of the future. If they bring him in with a deal that provides a favorable cap number for them in trade with the Bears, they would look a lot better:

Bradford>Cutler>Davis>Draftee

is soooo much better than...

Bradford>Hill>Davis>Draftee

Cutler would basically provide two immediate things we wouldn't have otherwise... Legit competition for Bradford, and a starting level talent at backup for when Bradford gets hurt.

My only fear with that approach is that the Rams don't push for QB in those first few rounds. I want a drafted QB with high end talent, even if he's a project. If they don't get one in the first few rounds--even after adding a vet like Cutler--I'm gonna be irritated.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I am not a fan of Cutler either, but I have to admit he can be a solid option to provide stability at the position while they groom the next QB of the future. If they bring him in with a deal that provides a favorable cap number for them in trade with the Bears, they would look a lot better:

Bradford>Cutler>Davis>Draftee

is soooo much better than...

Bradford>Hill>Davis>Draftee

Cutler would basically provide two immediate things we wouldn't have otherwise... Legit competition for Bradford, and a starting level talent at backup for when Bradford gets hurt.

My only fear with that approach is that the Rams don't push for QB in those first few rounds. I want a drafted QB with high end talent, even if he's a project. If they don't get one in the first few rounds--even after adding a vet like Cutler--I'm gonna be irritated.

If we were to take in Cutler, I don't want a high or even mid round QB. We'll need to carry 3 QBs if that's the case, and with Hekker's ability to be an emergency QB I think its a waste to keep 3 on the 53 instead of having another lineman or DB.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If we were to take in Cutler, I don't want a high or even mid round QB. We'll need to carry 3 QBs if that's the case, and with Hekker's ability to be an emergency QB I think its a waste to keep 3 on the 53 instead of having another lineman or DB.

I don't think you want to see Johnny Hekker lining up behind center on offense.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think they go back to the type of offense they tried at the beginning of the 2013 season, now that they have seasoned playmakers in Austin, Britt, Bailey, Quick, Cook, and backs who can catch and pick up the blitz in Cunningham and Mason. With better blocking and Bradford at the helm, I believe they have the components of an explosive offense.

Its the same dam offense when Sam goes down. You can't trust that guy to stay healthy. We gotta make a bold move in the QB department first, focus our high picks on the OL.

I'd only be happy with Sam if we had Cutler on the bench. Cutler is not a franchise QB, but he's a dam good back up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"We've got to really deal with our division's opponents. We'll spend a lot of time in our overall scheme. You'll see a dramatic change next year." - Fisher

Not sure what that change is...but he has my attention. He also went on to say that Bradford is the guy right now and it is reasonable to expect there to be competition at the QB position.
Sounds like a change in philosophy since he said *overall scheme* and not offensive or defensive schemes in particular.
I think he misses Eddie George and Steve McNair. Those two guys gave him a ton of flexibility in the way he ran his offense.
Mason is a really good back. He needs a QB like McNair in the worst possible way.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a change in philosophy since he said *overall scheme* and not offensive or defensive schemes in particular.
I think he misses Eddie George and Steve McNair. Those two guys gave him a ton of flexibility in the way he ran his offense.
Mason is a really good back. He needs a QB like McNair in the worst possible way.
I agree on the philosophical change. Though, I think that will have a lot to do with the offensive side of the ball more than the defensive.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree on the philosophical change. Though, I think that will have a lot to do with the offensive side of the ball more than the defensive.
Agreed. I struggle to figure out what it could mean though. They tried that "spread it out and throw it" philosophy early last year and it didn't work for a number of reasons. And I don't really see him straying very far away from being a physical run-oriented offense either. So the only logical conclusion that I can come up with is he's going to have to try and find a way to get another Steve McNair and a massive O-line. Or it could mean a new coordinator. Either way, I can thank him for injecting some intrigue into the offseason. lol.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
As others have said on here I love they Idea of bringing in Shannahan and Cutler. if we could get both. With a few upgrades on the Oline and our talented RBs in his system I can see a superbowl in the very near future. Please Snisher make this happen!
That would be interesting

Big Willie

Starter
Its the same dam offense when Sam goes down. You can't trust that guy to stay healthy. We gotta make a bold move in the QB department first, focus our high picks on the OL. I'd only be happy with Sam if we had Cutler on the bench. Cutler is not a franchise QB, but he's a dam good back up.
Please understand. My comments were not to create yet another Bradford discussion. The comments were to try and speculate on the pending changes to the offense. Cutler is not coming to St Louis (Chicago fired its coach ...so yo know they are sticking with Cutler). Insert what ever name you want as QB...Inthink they still try and create a spread em' out, more creative and aggressive offense.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Could a guy like Hundley fill that roll?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Regarding all the talk about Cutler.
I don't see him coming here as a back up.
The only way Cutler is in horns, is if Bradford is gone.

Of course, that's jmo.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Please understand. My comments were not to create yet another Bradford discussion. The comments were to try and speculate on the pending changes to the offense. Cutler is not coming to St Louis (Chicago fired its coach ...so yo know they are sticking with Cutler). Insert what ever name you want as QB...Inthink they still try and create a spread em' out, more creative and aggressive offense.

I just don't see how you can spread them out or be more aggressive with a couple of weaklings like Hill and Davis under center. It's not even an option. Rams had no other choice but to do what they did. When they tried it never lasted even with balance. When it was nothing but passing in garbage time, it was embarrassing more times than not. You talk about options, I say what options? Give Hill options and he'll find a way to freak it up eventually. That goes double for Davis.

I know what your saying, OL needs some fixes, but there wasn't many options after Sam went down. It would have only got uglier.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Could a guy like Hundley fill that roll?
No idea what that guy could do in the NFL, and I don't know that Fisher would bank on a rookie to get them over the hump.
Cutler is the only guy that even comes close to giving him what he needs out of a QB (mobility, strong arm) like McNair.
Unless I'm missing someone that will come available. Any ideas/suggestions on a veteran who fits the bill like McNair?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think you want to see Johnny Hekker lining up behind center on offense.

Line him up in the shotgun, if he's in we're probably screwed anyway. But he's capable of being the emergency QB if we were to lose two in a game.