Fish tank enthusiasts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Re: Fish tank enthusiasts

I get back home Sunday ... I'll post some pics and a video of mine then.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Selassie I said:
I get back home Sunday ... I'll post some pics and a video of mine then.

Yeah but hurry before you have to go on vacation.....again LOL. :mrgreen:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

DSC00479_0013.jpg

I'm 6' 2" just for size reference. Looking very happy in this pic as well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Here's a video one of my boys took a few years back. Funny,,, there's a Ky Mani Marley movie playing in the background. I think there's a shot of my parrot (his name is Rasta btw) in the vid at some point. Some of you have seen him dancing in a video I posted some time ago.

My tank looks much bigger in person. Some of my fish are pretty big.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluecoconuts

Legend

Is the parrot loud? I knew someone who had a parrot and you could hear that thing screaming from across the street at the park, well over 100 yards away.. With the door closed as well, it was nuts. I don't think it even flew around or anything.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

bluecoconuts said:
Is the parrot loud? I knew someone who had a parrot and you could hear that thing screaming from across the street at the park, well over 100 yards away.. With the door closed as well, it was nuts. I don't think it even flew around or anything.

Rasta is a male eclectus parrot. While all parrots have the ability to be loud, eclectus parrots are considered pretty quiet. They are big talkers,,, them and the african grey have the largest vocabulary.

Rasta while talk to our neighbors from across the yards when he sees them,,, and talk pretty loud, but his noise level is not like what you're talking about. When he gets scared,,, like when a blimp flies over, he will let out a series of screams and fly in the house from our back screened porch,,, he'll do that when he sees hawks / eagles too (sometimes planes scare him as well).

When he's ready to go to bed he'll let us know with some loud squawks, but they stop when we take him upstairs to his cage and cover him up. Parrots like to go to bed when the sun starts going down, so he is ready for bed pretty early.

He's a big part of our family. He's only in his cage when we are not home or when he's sleeping. He loves everyone, especially girls. Never bites, just wants to kiss and be held. He and our schnauzer are big buddies.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Selassie I said:
bluecoconuts said:

Rasta is a male eclectus parrot. While all parrots have the ability to be loud, eclectus parrots are considered pretty quiet. They are big talkers,,, them and the african grey have the largest vocabulary.

Rasta while talk to our neighbors from across the yards when he sees them,,, and talk pretty loud, but his noise level is not like what you're talking about. When he gets scared,,, like when a blimp flies over, he will let out a series of screams and fly in the house from our back screened porch,,, he'll do that when he sees hawks / eagles too (sometimes planes scare him as well).

When he's ready to go to bed he'll let us know with some loud squawks, but they stop when we take him upstairs to his cage and cover him up. Parrots like to go to bed when the sun starts going down, so he is ready for bed pretty early.

He's a big part of our family. He's only in his cage when we are not home or when he's sleeping. He loves everyone, especially girls. Never bites, just wants to kiss and be held. He and our schnauzer are big buddies.

He filed around the house? That's kinda neat.....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:
bluecoconuts said:

He hasn't shown any interest in filing ,,, but he does FLY. Did you mean fly, or did the joke fly right over my head?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Selassie I said:
He hasn't shown any interest in filing

Man I know where he's coming from. I'm just never motivated to do that.

Extremely cool tank - even if your parrot is too lazy to help out in the office. :sly:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Selassie I said:
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:
bluecoconuts said:

He hasn't shown any interest in filing ,,, but he does FLY. Did you mean fly, or did the joke fly right over my head?

Well fuck if he can't file can he fly? Or type?

Is he of any use at all or should we come up with a marinade.....

I'm kidding of course...effing typos......I blame it on the iPood.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:
bluecoconuts said:

Well fuck if he can't file can he fly? Or type?

Is he of any use at all or should we come up with a marinade.....

I'm kidding of course...effing typos......I blame it on the iPood.

Rasta only flies when he absolutely has to. He much prefers to have someone in the house carry His Highness where he wants to go. He has a large jungle net on our back porch and a portable perch that is usually in the kitchen... he is almost always in one of those two locations. He'll let us know when he is in need of "transport" from one to the other by partially opening his wings and giving a little head-bob.

He does like to fly down on the floor and play with the dog toys or just cruise around the house on foot at times. Believe it or not, he's very good about not pooping where he shouldn't,,, he knows where he's allowed to poop. Large parrots don't have to poop as often as smaller ones. Otherwise, his ass wouldn't be allowed such free reign.

We do have to be careful opening the front door,,, everyone in the house is preconditioned to not letting Rasta fly outside.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

You know what....now that I think about it since you mentioned it every time I see a bird in someones house, or a long time ago an office I worked in, they do walk all the time.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Not a fan of animals in the house,kinda goes back to my ex wife's family.

They were dog crazy, had a Great Dane ,various other dogs as well, one of their Dobermans attacked me ,got a mouth full of folding door for his trouble.
Anyway I was watching one of those epoch games between the Earl Campbell Oilers and the Dolphins, great game , along with my wheelchair bound father in law.
I'm dipping from Fr Onion dip turn around in time to see drool from the Great Dane falling in the dip visceral reaction followed.
Another time I was at a falconry meet in Kearney, Nebraska ,idiot we were with let his Peregrine lose in the bar, carnage in Kearney ensued.
I've got 2 dogs ,4 cats a pond full of fish and cattle , they sleep with each other ,not me.

Selassie Where does Rasta shit ?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

He only shits when he's on his perch, his hanging net on the screened porch, or on his cage. He somehow knew even as a baby to be careful about where he shit . Many birds even know not to shit in their nest as babies.

There are trays under the areas he knows he can shit over that catch the goods. Lined with papers for easy disposal.

My parrot doesn't have a dust glad like many parrots... he has an oil gland instead . They are known as the hypoalergenic (sp ?) parrots . Those with dust glands can make a real mess.

This is weird , but I can get Rasta to shit on command.

My wife is a neat freak beyond compare. You'd never know we have a farm living indoors. LOL

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Selassie I said:

I have to know how that works.

Mostly because I wanna try it on myself. What a benefit that would be right?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:

I have to know how that works.

Mostly because I wanna try it on myself. What a benefit that would be right?

LOL

Rasta figured out what I meant when I would tell him "Go Potty". When he was a baby I used to tell him that when I would place him on one of his safe spots. I say it now and he will almost immediately let it fly.

Rasta's vocabulary is seemingly unlimited. We are no longer surprised when we hear him say anything new. What amazes us is the fact that he seems to know exactly when to say things . Its almost unbelievable.

Not to go on too much about him ,,, but we have recently discovered that he is self aware. Not unheard of, but not very common to see real clearly like it is with Rasta.