Fired Coaches Watch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Add Shanahan and Frazier to the list.

Shwartz has a meeting at noon I believe, probably the end there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd love to see Schwartz here! Fire him, Detroit!

Oh and Cleveland... Wow. One year? Really? :slap:

A55VA6

Legend
Shanahan is a terrible coach. He's probably one of the last coaches I would want on my team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So thankful that we aren't going through that shit AGAIN.

LOL @ tampon

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It would be great to get that entire staff...Horton, Turner and Chud!

Plus a bunch of their draft picks!

Lombardi is the idiot btw. He is a classic name dropping piggybacker. He is a lousy draft analyst and I was glad to see him leave television. I reached my limit with him validating his opinions by mentioning his NFL team affiliations. As if he was the GM. That guy is a joke. NFL owners are so gullible.

iced

firing Chudzinski was absolutely stupid - that job just got severely less attractive.

NFL coaches love job security - and that job is going to offer the least

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
firing Chudzinski was absolutely stupid - that job just got severely less attractive.

the new GM there wants a belicheat desciple, that's all that that is about.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Martz has some interesting insights on HC openings (and Mike Silver has his own "opinion")..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
how about just the best man for the job, regardless of ethnicity

That's the problem that they were talking about. Look at Charlie Strong, guy was passed up for coaching jobs for far too long. Ray Horton should have been hired already too. Guy is one of the best defensive minds in the game. Hue Jackson is a brilliant offensive mind and did a solid job in Oakland, yet he's not even getting looks as an OC...much less a coach. Lovie Smith should have never been fired. There are a few other minority position coaches that should have been promoted to DC somewhere long ago.

Martz has some interesting insights on HC openings (and Mike Silver has his own "opinion")..

I'd say the best job is Houston. Have pieces on defense to be good, great offensive talent and have the #1 pick. Easy turnaround with a good coach and Bridgewater.

Beyond that, Tampa Bay and Detroit are both great spots but neither have elite QBs.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm just amazed that we're still talkin' 'bout race in football. Do you guys think bigotry is still an issue? I kinda thought it was ridiculous for Silver to bring up the issue, but maybe it has some merit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Same with Washington.......7 coaches in 15 years will make a lot of guys say no thanks. Especially when you consider that there are issues with the franchise QB. If I was a HC candidate I wouldn't even interview with those two clubs.

iced

That's the problem that they were talking about. Look at Charlie Strong, guy was passed up for coaching jobs for far too long. Ray Horton should have been hired already too. Guy is one of the best defensive minds in the game. Hue Jackson is a brilliant offensive mind and did a solid job in Oakland, yet he's not even getting looks as an OC...much less a coach. Lovie Smith should have never been fired. There are a few other minority position coaches that should have been promoted to DC somewhere long ago.

and you think they were fired/not given jobs because of race?

Nothing to do with the product on the field/possibly not interviewing well or nearly as well as other candidates?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
and you think they were fired/not given jobs because of race?

Nothing to do with the product on the field/possibly not interviewing well or nearly as well as other candidates?

I think its mostly due to opportunity rather than the two you listed. Minority coaches are not interviewed as much as other coaches, and I'm not saying they are overtly ignored. People are more comfortable with people they relate to -- it's natural -- and owners and GMs do not have as much in common with minorities. Plus, minority coaches do not get as much exposure or publicity. If these minority coaches aren't actively pursued, then there is a high probability that their name never makes it to upper execs. They would have to make a lot of noise to be noticed.