Fired Coaches Watch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a hard time believing its about race - and I think the rooney rule is more of an insult because a lot of times they're interviewing candidates who don't have a legit shot because they don't have the same accolades/credentials as people they're going up against, and it just ends up being a waste of their time

it's not a waste of time. it gives them the chance to go through the interview process and be better prepared next time they have a chance for a hc gig.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
it's not a waste of time. it gives them the chance to go through the interview process and be better prepared next time they have a chance for a hc gig.

That may be the first decent point I've seen on the subject.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok, well let's play devils advocate...so now the same lower level coach that is white doesn't get the interview practice.

Just being a shithead...:omg:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Additionally, if they interview well, the team will remember that for the future. And by getting the interview, it gets their name more recognition and gives them a better chance of getting more interviews.

iced

except for the guys who are just continually over and over brought in, just to appease the rule...it kinda gets to become bs eventually.

If you're truly qualified to become a head coach and your results are showing it, the color of your skin will not matter. Like Lovie Smith, there's no question of if he will get a job, but where?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Cuz Looney was taken?
:D
I believe it is after the Rooney family.
Right, but what does the Rooney family have to do with racial equality in HC hiring?

Oh, okay, I found this at wikipedia...

The rule is named for Dan Rooney, the owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the chairman of the league's diversity committee, and indirectly the Rooney family in general, due to the Steelers' long history of giving African Americans opportunities to serve in team leadership roles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

What's ironic here is that the Steelers didn't hire an african american HC until Mike Tomlin in 2007, and the rule was established in 2003.

I wonder how the family feels about Kate Mara playing the role of a DC reporter who trades sex for information from a high ranking politician? Perhaps that fits in with "diversity" ideals as well. Yeah, I'm not a fan of elitest hypocrisy.... sorry if my skepticism offends anyone here.