Finding Developmental Qb Critical For St. Louis Rams In 2014 Nfl Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If a QB is taken, which I think there should be (really they should develop a guy every 2 or 3 years), I'd love to see Aaron Murray. The price should have dropped due to injury, the kid is a competitor and the size bit is pretty much well over played now. 4th round? I'd give him a shot for sure.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
My target guy in the draft is Conner Shaw - U.South Car. Tons of starting experience, strong arm, mobile and a tough competitor. probably 3rd-4th rd'er. Guy has moxie I'm not good with Davis. Just didn't show enough. I think the whole #2 QB thing in camp was wishful thinking on Rams part that they could start to groom him for the #2 spot ... but he failed. He was only brought back because he knew the system.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tim. Tebow. :rofl: I am only partially kidding here. Apparently he has been putting in a ton of work and has corrected a lot of his mechanical issues. I have always liked the kid. He is a baller.

/Flame suit on

I seriously doubt highly you can alter your throwing motion in one year.

If i recall correctly, on Sirius they talked about this exact topic. They were all in complete agreement that at his age it would take years, if ever, to redo his throwing motion.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been tinkering with model rockets lately too. I think I'm ready to pilot one up to the Russian Space Station, Salyut 7. That way I can teach them a thing or two about how to properly distill vodka while I'm up there.

Nice to have you back.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We could draft Jake Mathews at LOT to protect Jake Mathews the QB. It would have to work. Right

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I like the thought of Matthews. He looks like he has the physical tools, great footwork and great throwing mechanics. According to the article his only negative is his lack of competition. Exactly what you would look for in a developmental QB. Available in the 6th or 7th round? Sign him up Snisher.
I like this idea. You're not going to get a starting caliber QB to be your back-up unless you're lucky enough to strike gold in the draft and take the time to develop him.

Keep Clemens for another season to step in if Sam goes down and to work with the newbie. Address the O line in the draft to add youth and quality and keep the running game going (injuries had decimated our line by the time we played Seattle in week 17). If the QB you draft doesn't turn out to be starting caliber but can hold down the fort in a pinch then maybe you have your successor to Clemens. If he does then you have Sam's successor or a tantalizing trade chip.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Why do we need a developmental QB any time soon though? Either we decide Sam's the man and lock him up under contract and we might aswell roll with veterans for the next 10 years as backup. He's 26 years old.

Or - we decide Sam isn't the guy, and draft a franchise QB...again.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I seriously doubt highly you can alter your throwing motion in one year.

If i recall correctly, on Sirius they talked about this exact topic. They were all in complete agreement that at his age it would take years, if ever, to redo his throwing motion.
I would normally agree. This morning on ESPN they did a whole segment on him and the coach he has been working with. Even Trent douchebag Dilfer said people need to see him now. Said he is a completely different QB.

PhxRam

I would normally agree. This morning on ESPN they did a whole segment on him and the coach he has been working with. Even Trent douchebag Dilfer said people need to see him now. Said he is a completely different QB.

Because I think it is Dilfer who is training Tebow.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why do we need a developmental QB any time soon though? Either we decide Sam's the man and lock him up under contract and we might aswell roll with veterans for the next 10 years as backup. He's 26 years old.

Or - we decide Sam isn't the guy, and draft a franchise QB...again.
Because then you're in an endless circle of relying on subpar backups while pinning your hopes on one guy to stay healthy all year (think 2009). Even Brady, Rodgers and Manning can miss time, so it's wise to have a contingency plan. With the salary cap being what it is now, I'd personally like for the Rams to groom someone not named Austin Davis or Keith Null so that IF the unmentionable happens, the drop-off isn't quite as steep.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. Same QB guru that worked with Brady, Brees, etc. His name escapes me but dude is legit. I think Dillhole was just there to work him out and assess his progress.

PhxRam

BdO0pnqCIAE8Hu-.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well that sure escalated quickly.

PhxRam

Nah. Same QB guru that worked with Brady, Brees, etc. His name escapes me but dude is legit. I think Dillhole was just there to work him out and assess his progress.

Look, we don't want to talk about Trent Dilfer's segment on how good Tim Tebow is at throwing now that Tim Tebow has worked with Trent Dilfer, in part because it's talking about Tim Tebow and Trent Dilfer, neither of whom have anything to do with the National Football League, which is the thing we like talking about. Also, because, you know, this.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, my apologies. I think the kid can play, and could care less about that espn gig. He is not obligated to that if he joins a roster and espn knows that. I will bow out of this conversation now and go drool on myself and write on the walls of my room with crayons, because apparently I am a moron for having this opinion... Derrrrrp. I will say this. Tebow has exactly one more playoff win in Denver than Peyton god dammed Manning does. Lolz....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, my apologies. I think the kid can play, and could care less about that espn gig. He is not obligated to that if he joins a roster and espn knows that. I will bow out of this conversation now and go drool on myself and write on the walls of my room with crayons, because apparently I am a moron for having this opinion... Derrrrrp. I will say this. Tebow has exactly one more playoff win in Denver than Peyton god dammed Manning does. Lolz....
a46.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If a QB is taken, which I think there should be (really they should develop a guy every 2 or 3 years), I'd love to see Aaron Murray. The price should have dropped due to injury, the kid is a competitor and the size bit is pretty much well over played now. 4th round? I'd give him a shot for sure.

Aaron Murray is my choice as well. Without his injury he would be a 2nd rounder in my eyes. With time to fully heal and learn behind Bradford, I think he could become pretty dang good for us. Would have no problem using a 4th on him.

PhxRam

My point is simply Dilfer is blowing up Tebow, because Dilfer is the one who trained him.

I just dont buy that Dilfer was magically able to transform Tebow when no one before him could.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, maybe I missed the part where Dilfer trained him. Thought they mentioned another guy and his son that did the heavy lifting as far as changing his mechanics. Dilfer couldn't fix a ham sandwich, so if he was training Tebow, then Timmy is probably actually worse off for it.