Faulk needs to be our O Coordinator.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneFalco

I for one, would bet my entire savings and house, that Faulk as O Coordinator would cause the Rams to win more games, then Shotty ever could.

I dont understand why Faulk has never been given this chance. Maybe he is happy with his Gameday crew on NFL Network, i dont know. But he was a O coordinator when he was playing. He has more football knowledge then most coaches. Quoting Rich Eisen " Faulk knows football like, if you dropped a bunch of toothpicks on the floor, he could name how many there were in seconds."

Thoughts?

jjab360

Legend
Schotty has been doing a good job as OC this year, Faulk has never coached in his life and has no desire to.

ShaneFalco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Shotty leaves Davis unprotected way too much. The last play, the strips. It reminds me of what happened with Sanchez.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Schotty has been doing a good job as OC this year, Faulk has never coached in his life and has no desire to.
Schotty has had spots that have been fair. Also Marshall and Holt both talked about coaching during one of the preseason games. They have an interest but don't want to start as a towel boy and have to jump through all of the crazy hoops to become a coach. Holt likes the freedom that being somewhat of a consultant has provided him. In any case I would take an alpaca that looked like Falk right now. Schotty never looks like his wheels are turning. He always has a dumbfounded look on his face when one his brilliant plays don't work. I don't know maybe it just me.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Schotty's doing a good job. I've said before I think he's a bit of an easy target. I would obviously love Faulk to come back in ANY role he wanted. I bet he'd be a HOF head coach if he wanted. Just that good.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If I'm not mistaken, Faulk has said, when he was asked about coach, It's too many hours of work, per day, for his liking!

ShaneFalco

Look what Elway has done as GM, pretty amazing here in Denver.

Would like to see Faulk get a chance. I bet he would suprise alot of people.

ShaneFalco

If I'm not mistaken, Faulk has said, when he was asked about coach, It's too many hours of work, per day, for his liking!
ah so, he might just be happy doing his job on NFL network.

V3

Hall of Fame
I still think the Rams can do much better for an OC but I'm not going to point at Schotty for yesterday's game. Overall, he was okay.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
No he does not, Faulk knows he'd be a shit coach and that's why he's stayed away. The greats usually don't translate nearly as much of that greatness into running a team. Jordan and Gretzky come to mind immediately. Playing is one thing, but running the show is a whole other ball game.

Bildeaux

UDFA
that was going to be my point - plus I'm sure his NFL Network and other broadcasting gigs pay pretty well, are performed in an AC environment, and done in a suit!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Yup!. And don't forget Bart Starr and Jerry West.
Course then you get guys like Lemieux and Russell that throw wrenches into the whole thing, though Jerry West was actually pretty decent, he did put in the groundwokr that would become the Lakers dynasty.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
There are far more star players that make bad coaches than there are ones that are good at it. Pass.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Um, no...

But I'd give a look at letting Aeneas Williams get involved with the defense

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't know that Faulk has ever sought the job.

Furthermore, you can't pin yesterday's loss on Schotty, he called a pretty decent game (and I say this as someone who's been critical of him). Our OL suckage is not on him, it's on the 5 guys lining up. What offensive problems we had yesterday were mostly on them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Faulk doesn't want to put the time in to be a NFL OC. Faulk has never coached before. And our offense has played well lately.