Faulk needs to be our O Coordinator.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
If I'm not mistaken, Faulk has said, when he was asked about coach, It's too many hours of work, per
The biggest thing that he and Holt seemed concerned about was having to start in a position that they didn't want to be in and have to spend years working their way up. Torry did say though that working with the receivers as more of a consultant suit his current schedule. Neither one seemed not willing if the conditions were right. They also made it seem as if there was some discussions in the past but they didn't like the condictions.

Last edited:

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
This may sound crazy, but I think offensively we're trying to do too much, and we're out thinking ourselves. Let me explain please:

-Zac Stacy did not take the first carry yesterday, Trey Watts did. Why?

-Zac Stacy is sharing the ball way too much with his counterparts. Stacy is the kind of back that gets better as the game goes on. Schotty has a tendancy to give Zac 2 carries, then cunnigham gets 2, then Watts get 1, then the cycle repeats itself. A change a pace back is supposed to be exactly that, change of pace. Problem is, we aren't establishing a pace with Stacy.

-Schotty loves to play with his WR groupings. Thats fine, however, I question how he uses them. Why when we were in the redzone was Tavon Austin, and Stedman Bailey stacked? In the redzone shouldn't we utilize our size? Quick, Britt, Cook?

- Austin would do wonders as a slot receiver with Quick and Britt in the game. I'm not sure they have utilized that formation enough.

With that said, Schotty's offense seems to be working, but I just think it needs some minor tweaking. Stacy is the guy treat him as such. Tavon needs to be involved, he'll elevate the offense, we're not using him enough.
I agree out thinking ourselves. Passing excessively when there was no need almost like there was a need to prove we could. The run game almost seemed like an afterthought at times. There was also like a minute plus with a time out I thought but the pass was being forced.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If I'm not mistaken, Faulk has said, when he was asked about coach, It's too many hours of work, per day, for his liking!

Ya i remember him saying that too.. Would be great to see if he could live up too the coaching hype

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Ya i remember him saying that too.. Would be great to see if he could live up too the coaching hype
I remember faulk in an interview also mention that he didn't think he could coach because he wouldn't know how to handle dealing with people who were mediocre and didn't do everything in their power to be great.

209RamsFan

I hardly think Schotty is the Root of our woes...players need to take on ALOT more blame and responsibility, like for starters....freaking missed tackles, assignments, no sacks from pass rush, very lousy Line play (both sides), dropped balls, and Fisher not making players More accountable( as in heads need to roll)

jjab360

Legend
I remember faulk in an interview also mention that he didn't think he could coach because he wouldn't know how to handle dealing with people who were mediocre and didn't do everything in their power to be great.
What a pretentious thing to say lol.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What a pretentious thing to say lol.

Pretentious or not, I understand what he's getting at. Marshall himself was gifted with incredible talent, but he became truly great when he willed himself to play up to that talent. He had his epiphany in the season prior with the Colts, and there couldn't have possibly been a better time to pull off the trade for him than when the Rams did. Physically he was at his peak, and mentally he was a new man when he came to us.

My beef with Jared Cook is not that he's not a good player, but that he has the potential IMO to be a great player, one of the elite guys at his position. But at times I think there are focus and maturity issues with him, and man oh man I just hope and pray he has the same kind of epiphany that Faulk did in 1998.

Irish

Starter
As the season goes on, I have a sneaking suspicion that we may realize that it wasn't a lack of creative play calling, but rather lack of a QB to effectively execute those plays.

Also, its seeming that if you want to succeed as a QB in St. Louis, you had better go undrafted. Jim Hart, Kurt Warner, and now Austin Davis.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO Shotty has done a masterful job of giving AD and Klemens both game plans they could execute, I don't know how people can rave about AD and not recognize that he's doing what he's told and that he alone is not responsible for his performance.
Plays go bad ,coaches fault ,plays go good, players credit ? ................................nah , not a consistent standard there.
And yeah Faulk doesn't want to work that hard anymore ,it's a far cry from being able to do good analysis and devising game plans that actually work.
That said I'd love to see him coach our backs ,if only in TC

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
As the season goes on, I have a sneaking suspicion that we may realize that it wasn't a lack of creative play calling, but rather lack of a QB to effectively execute those plays.

Also, its seeming that if you want to succeed as a QB in St. Louis, you had better go undrafted. Jim Hart, Kurt Warner, and now Austin Davis.
You forgot Steve Pisarcawicz(sp) oh wait they did draft him:(

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Shotty is doing OK only. He still calls a lot of badly designed plays. He also does not adjust his play calling well. When playoff time comes and he goes up against good DC's and has to adjust during the game that's when the rubber will hit the road and Shotty will be sliding all over the place.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Faulk doesn't seem like the type who would be a good manager of players, and that's something that all coaches have to do. Knowledge only gets you so far.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yes they did, color blindness and all!:mad: Cost them the best coach they ever had!
George Boone :rolleyes:

All the defensive players after Coryell went off "Me and Roger" in reference to Don saying there were only two defensive players on that team that could play for the Giants.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
George Boone :rolleyes:

All the defensive players after Coryell went off "Me and Roger" in reference to Don saying there were only two defensive players on that team that could play for the Giants.
He was right about the D! I wonder if Boone did the picking for free? :mad:

Ramathon

If I'm not mistaken, Faulk has said, when he was asked about coach, It's too many hours of work, per day, for his liking!

Bingo. Heard him say it again on 101ESPN recently. He and Torry Holt were on the FastLane together recently, and were asked about coaching. And MF said exactly what you indicate. He did seem to possibly have an interest in some sort of Front Office job, but though he didn't specifically say so, I had the impression, he wasn't enamored with the idea of starting 'at the bottom'.